Purple Pics

You have to be careful picking your autos these days with the advances they have achieved compared to the first autos.
First ones they crossed with was indica & took a while before they got the THC up on that as the ruderalis is similar to hemp
Went by names like low rider because of the fast 21 day start to flower from seed & small growing plants
They had problems at first getting a stable strain crossing with Sativa plants & now the more they cross it with unstable hybrids the more they are getting messed up.
This is why some people are putting them in 12/12. They get impatient. Not all autos today will start to flower at 21 days now.
I have an auto that doesn't start to bloom for 5 -6 weeks

Maybe slowly each day add more time
Yeah - they are I feel like a bit of a hand grenade with an unknown flower date! Even in the same packages, allegedly same phenos. It just for the perpetual grow is too much risk.

But the traditional issues - smaller, lower thc levels because of the cross with the northern weed russian/siberian has been bred out a bit. The delta between a photo northern lights and an auto northern lights (just picking a classic strain at random) - differential/delta between the two types is getting closer. But the flip is when the plant decides still and its more light for less return. But that’s mine you’re not full time on it and want an easier life and the electricity is an extra $10 a month. The difference for me between 12-12 in 9 weeks of flower and 20-4 i. 9 weeks of flower? Hehehe! That's I reckon $400 USD p/m and I get lower yield. But little tent, minimal work, set and forget! For some fun and personal grow. Autos sure. That's nice and simple.

There is always a trade off whatever way you grow!

EDIT on the electricity - 8 hours more a day lights also means 8 hours more day AC on full whack and 8 hours more a day of Co2 a day. (People also rumour that Co2 has less effectiveness on Autos) so our whole grow costs like more money per gram which is what we count - BUT that’s not true for lots of people

Nick

You have to be careful picking your autos these days with the advances they have achieved compared to the first autos.
First ones they crossed with was indica & took a while before they got the THC up on that as the ruderalis is similar to hemp
Went by names like low rider because of the fast 21 day start to flower from seed & small growing plants
They had problems at first getting a stable strain crossing with Sativa plants & now the more they cross it with unstable hybrids the more they are getting messed up.
This is why some people are putting them in 12/12. They get impatient. Not all autos today will start to flower at 21 days now.
I have an auto that doesn't start to bloom for 5 -6 weeks

Maybe slowly each day add more time
Mine were at 6/7 without a flower. I went 12/12. Been 2/3 weeks and they look like this now

20230325_191947.jpg

20230325_191642.jpg

20230325_191618.jpg

They’re lush green looking early flower plants! Bang 20 hours of max light on them soonest, up the nutes by 20% snd give then Co2 any means possible while letting the temperature and humidity rise beyond what you think is sensible.

🍿

But that’s me and my wife’s style and yeah. Don’t do that. But basically its the only way we know! So its nice seeing people go all the different styles! More than snything its about taking a jit of one style and seeing how you might tweak your own to “dial it in”

Love that.

Nick

I've got a Blue Gelato Auto going out there. 3 Glookies Autos. I really wanted something that flipped quick flowers. I didn't realise autos were more difficult to handle and raise? What's the difference between an auto and a fast flowering? That could be a ridiculously silly question 😭 I've going through some awesome wedding cake, it's hitting the thought process hard 🤯
Good question. :thumb:
If you take a photo period and cross it with a weed that flowers automatically you get an auto.
Or auto seeds.
This plant has the characteristics of a pot plant but will go into flower automatically.
Like a dandelion, you have them in Kent?
These plants need a steady stable environment at each stage of growth.
Because there is no second chance unlike a photo.
You can almost kill it and still grow it back to a decent plant.
Photo periods produce a hormone when they are in the dark.
It takes 12 hrs of constant buildup of this hormone to trigger flower.
This gives you control of her.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Mine were at 6/7 without a flower. I went 12/12. Been 2/3 weeks and they look like this now
So you are saying you were between 42 an 49 days with no flower ?

Most auto growers would be ecstatic with that ;)

As has been said, auto's are on their own time line. They flower whenever their internal clock says they are ready, he, he...

My experience with auto's is that everything has to be perfect the first few weeks or you will end up with midgets.

I've grown them the traditional way on 18/6 and in with photo's where I flip to 12/12 after 50 days.

The auto's on 12/12 just take longer, in my case it was a little over two weeks longer than breeders estimate.

I'm of the camp cannabis benefits from a period of light so why waste the electric ?

And I've had auto's go 120 days ! That plant produced 11g short of a pound :yahoo:

Cheers

They’re lush green looking early flower plants! Bang 20 hours of max light on them soonest, up the nutes by 20% snd give then Co2 any means possible while letting the temperature and humidity rise beyond what you think is sensible.

🍿

But that’s me and my wife’s style and yeah. Don’t do that. But basically its the only way we know! So its nice seeing people go all the different styles! More than snything its about taking a jit of one style and seeing how you might tweak your own to “dial it in”

Love that.

Nick
Any tips on getting co2 in to the tent dude? I'll be honest, where I'm running everything outside in my shed. I'm trying to keep noise levels down as much as possible. I have fairly understanding neighbours but being careful none the less - for that reason I've opted against any serious fan equipment

Good question. :thumb:
If you take a photo period and cross it with a weed that flowers automatically you get an auto.
Or auto seeds.
This plant has the characteristics of a pot plant but will go into flower automatically.
Like a dandelion, you have them in Kent?
These plants need a steady stable environment at each stage of growth.
Because there is no second chance unlike a photo.
You can almost kill it and still grow it back to a decent plant.
Photo periods produce a hormone when they are in the dark.
It takes 12 hrs of constant buildup of this hormone to trigger flower.
This gives you control of her.

Bill284 😎
Thanks for that Bill 👌🏻✌🏻

So you are saying you were between 42 an 49 days with no flower ?

Most auto growers would be ecstatic with that ;)

As has been said, auto's are on their own time line. They flower whenever their internal clock says they are ready, he, he...

My experience with auto's is that everything has to be perfect the first few weeks or you will end up with midgets.

I've grown them the traditional way on 18/6 and in with photo's where I flip to 12/12 after 50 days.

The auto's on 12/12 just take longer, in my case it was a little over two weeks longer than breeders estimate.

I'm of the camp cannabis benefits from a period of light so why waste the electric ?

And I've had auto's go 120 days ! That plant produced 11g short of a pound :yahoo:

Cheers
Precisely that. I had two at about 3 weeks in the same tent. They decided to start flowering too when I manipulated the light schedule. I'm quite keen to see what I end up with now I'll be harvesting 4

Actually
Yeah I think she did as well, that’s really crazy though because it’s supposed to be so much sooner. CL🍀
That's the unstable strains that are coming to the market, to keep up with the latest trends.
Look at all the fruity candy flavored strains they have today.
How many seed companies in just the last 5 years
How many people that have learned the secrets of feminized seeds.

Actually

That's the unstable strains that are coming to the market, to keep up with the latest trends.
Yea but there’s that few that are making some incredible crosses, key is too finding them, but their definitely out there .There’s some absolute ripoffs out there too , it’s easy to find the good ones as long as you don’t google it and expect to get great seeds , isn’t gonna happen

Precisely that. I had two at about 3 weeks in the same tent. They decided to start flowering too when I manipulated the light schedule. I'm quite keen to see what I end up with now I'll be harvesting 4
You didn’t make them flower, their on their own schedule. Just go to 20/4 and your plants will finish in May , stay at 12/12 you’ll be looking at June and for absolutely no reason. You don’t run autos at 12/12 , you didn’t manipulate anything. I give up do whatever you wanna do it’s your garden and your seeds , grow them how you want . They look good already you’ll get a nice harvest

Any tips on getting co2 in to the tent dude? I'll be honest, where I'm running everything outside in my shed. I'm trying to keep noise levels down as much as possible. I have fairly understanding neighbours but being careful none the less - for that reason I've opted against any serious fan equipment
That actually works in your favour with Co2 thr gas will sit there more and you’ll ise less. They need less airflow because they loving the gas. I run the 6” inline at about 30% in an 8x4 tent only during lights out.

The rest of the time I have a single 10” swing fan with a 6mm co2 pipe wedged in the back of it blowing air around laced with Co2. When the Inkbird Co2 controller and sensor see the Co2 level hits 1200ppm in the tent it kills the power to the solenoid on the Co2 regulator cutting off the flow of gas. I’ve never done this but you can set your inline to come on at this point to “freshen up” until the level hits background 450ppm or whatever.

The solenoid and reg are connected to the Co3 cylinder - same as your local bar uses for kegs or diner for the soda gun. Or a steel shop because they use it for welding.

Biggest two bits of advice I’ll give you.

#1 Take safety really, really f-kin seriously. Where is that gas disappating? Where does it vent? Am I using a reputable brand (Ink bird a there’s an or age and gray one well regarded too) how am I transporting and storing them? Its terrfing have an 80Kg -180lb can of gas that can kill you suddenly decompress and frost your pick up truck up!

#2 Use a brass regulator and solenoid. The aquarium stuff is stainless and just cross threads and leaks with all the plumbers tape in the world. The cylinders are brass. Its harder. Get brass regs. Please!
This is so true. There are breeders you go to the F4 - F5 level and pheno F1 hunters who say “its new! Its exciting! Its expensive!”

My guys are since 1984. Amsterdam and like actually serious biologists. Their new strain is huge. They were the first growers of Kali Mist the winningest sativa ever. Actually apart from that strain the other strains are just near identical phenos because they are so stable being bred through generations before being sold. The Kali is a stupid sativa and does what it does.

Nick

You didn’t make them flower, their on their own schedule. Just go to 20/4 and your plants will finish in May , stay at 12/12 you’ll be looking at June and for absolutely no reason. You don’t run autos at 12/12 , you didn’t manipulate anything. I give up do whatever you wanna do it’s your garden and your seeds , grow them how you want . They look good already you’ll get a nice harvest
I'm going to 20/4 from today. You say they are on their own schedule, but 3 of them they are the same seeds, same strain, same supplier. The two plants that I didn't 'manipulate' have come further than the two I planted 6 weeks before. The light schedule defo has something to do with it

That actually works in your favour with Co2 thr gas will sit there more and you’ll ise less. They need less airflow because they loving the gas. I run the 6” inline at about 30% in an 8x4 tent only during lights out.

The rest of the time I have a single 10” swing fan with a 6mm co2 pipe wedged in the back of it blowing air around laced with Co2. When the Inkbird Co2 controller and sensor see the Co2 level hits 1200ppm in the tent it kills the power to the solenoid on the Co2 regulator cutting off the flow of gas. I’ve never done this but you can set your inline to come on at this point to “freshen up” until the level hits background 450ppm or whatever.

The solenoid and reg are connected to the Co3 cylinder - same as your local bar uses for kegs or diner for the soda gun. Or a steel shop because they use it for welding.

Biggest two bits of advice I’ll give you.

#1 Take safety really, really f-kin seriously. Where is that gas disappating? Where does it vent? Am I using a reputable brand (Ink bird a there’s an or age and gray one well regarded too) how am I transporting and storing them? Its terrfing have an 80Kg -180lb can of gas that can kill you suddenly decompress and frost your pick up truck up!

#2 Use a brass regulator and solenoid. The aquarium stuff is stainless and just cross threads and leaks with all the plumbers tape in the world. The cylinders are brass. Its harder. Get brass regs. Please!

This is so true. There are breeders you go to the F4 - F5 level and pheno F1 hunters who say “its new! Its exciting! Its expensive!”

My guys are since 1984. Amsterdam and like actually serious biologists. Their new strain is huge. They were the first growers of Kali Mist the winningest sativa ever. Actually apart from that strain the other strains are just near identical phenos because they are so stable being bred through generations before being sold. The Kali is a stupid sativa and does what it does.

Nick
Thank you Nick

How does co2 work , I see a lot of people using or talking about it, I’m clueless
I know next to nothing about all of this dude. My set up is in a tent, in a shed. I'm being over cautious as to how stagnant my atmosphere is....although they seem to be doing okay so far and Nick said it could actually go in the favour of the grower as the gas is just sits around. There is a turn over of fresh air every time I go in and out of the shed and then open the tent?

I just presumed they would grow better and produce better buds in a Co2 rich habitat?

How does co2 work , I see a lot of people using or talking about it, I’m clueless
Good morning @Old g :ciao:
Plants use co2 for growth and gas off oxygen, Simplified.
Raising c02 levels and temp and light energy will give you increased growth.
That's why we watch our VPD.
Hope your having a nice weekend my friend.

Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom