PurpleGunRack's 3rd Grow - Organic - LED - Hash Bomb - White Widow - NLxBB - Aug 2015

PurpleGunRack

PurpleGunRack's 3rd Grow

:welcome:

Hi 420 friends and welcome to my 3rd grow.

This time I'll be using a new setup with room for more plants and a lot more light,
I'm also working on making the setup more silent.
For starters I'll be growing 6 plants all photoperiod.

The Strains:

4 x Hash Bomb from Bomb Seeds

1 x White Widow from Dinafem (Freebie from my local growshop where I bought the Hash Bomb seeds)

1x NLxBB fromWorld of Seeds (Freebie from Herbies)

They where all put in paper towels to germinate on 22AUG2015 and planted out after 3 days.

Billede05341.jpg

The setup:

Light: 2 x Mars Hydro Reflector 144x5 w (Silent fans have been ordered)

Tent: Homebox Q120 (120cm x 120cm x 200cm)

Extration: S&P TD350/125 Silent and 125 mm carbon filter from PrimaKlima (Silencers and step swith for the 2-speed S&P fan will be added later on), and I'll get a circulation fan soon

Pots: Superroots Air-Pots 1L, 3L, 15L

Medium: BioBizz Light-Mix

Fertilizer: Full BioBizz regime

WP_20150830_00_36_42_Pro.jpg

WP_20150830_00_37_04_Pro.jpg

The Plan:

This time I will be growing organic as I have substituted the pH up/down with some organic Italian lemon juice I found in my local super market.

I will be using the Gas Lantern method for veg and the Diminishing Light Schedule for flowering, so far I'm only using the Veg setting on the light but I'll be turning on the bloom setting aswell in a week or two.

I am going to try out some training and some different ratios of Light-Mix to perlite/LECA. For the seedling I'm using pure Light-Mix and water with water ph 6,5 and Root-Juice.

WP_20150830_00_36_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20150902_00_22_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20150902_00_23_21_Pro.jpg

Unfortunately on of the fans in onof the panels didn't work it turned out to be because of faulty wiring from the power supply to the 12v plug, Sara has been very helpful and the needed replacement is on its way. Luckily I only need to run one of the lights for now and I'll be doing some wire splicing if I need it sooner than the spare part arrives.

Any comments, advice and questions are more than welcome.

:Namaste:

Re: PurpleGunRack's 3rd Grow - Organic - LED - Hash Bomb - White Widow - NLxBB - Aug

Update - Day 21 from seed

3 weeks since germination started and the baby girls are growing nicely and I'm gonna transplant them into the 3L Air-Pots soon.

They really seem too enjoy the LED light and since I'm only running the veg setting their node distance is very short and because only one of the lights is on now, I'm actually using less electricity than I would have in my old 250 w HID setup - atleast for now;)

WP_20150910_17_39_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20150910_17_39_58_Pro.jpg

Re: PurpleGunRack's 3rd Grow - Organic - LED - Hash Bomb - White Widow - NLxBB - Aug

Nice work. What kind of adjusters are you using to lower and raise your light? I haven't seen those.

Sweeet dude! Your auto grows were jaw-dropping. I'm excited to see you growing photos and trying out LED. Looking lovely; sending photons your way.

:thanks: Good to have you along for the ride Versai:) I'm really excited about growing photo's now and using LED's aswell.

Nice work. What kind of adjusters are you using to lower and raise your light? I haven't seen those.

Thanks! I think they're called Easy-Rolls or Roller, they're quite nice and should hold up to 5 kg each - not sure about that though as I have 4 for each light and they seem to stretch the string a bit, but the lights haven't crashed down so it's all good:)

Update - Day 26 from seed

I transplanted the girls into 3L Air-Pots today and it was not too early. One of the Hash Bombs looked quite droopy and another had some wilted spots on some of the leaves.
The plants I'm vegging for my friend are in 3,5L square pots and they look fine, so I hope the transplant will help.

I fired up the 2nd Reflector today, both are on veg setting, I dont know when I'm gonna switch on the bloom spectrum, any ideas?

WP_20150915_20_15_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20150915_20_16_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20150915_21_24_33_Pro.jpg

Looking good in there,I've gotta look into the silent extraction fan as mine sounds like a jet taking off if your in the room with the tent in it

:thanks:

The fan itself is quite silent, but the airflow isn't, I've got a silencer and some acoustic ducting but I haven't gotten around to install it yet. They're affordable on ebay, I got it for less than half of what my local growshop is charging.

Update Day 42 from seed

The girls are doing very fine and it looks like a transplant is overdue once again, so they'll soon go into the 15L Air-Pots in which they'll finish.

I've added a 2,6L humidifier to keep the RH up and it works well though it runs outta water pretty fast, I ordered the 6L one but got this instead...

About a week ago I switched the bloom switch on the lights on so I get max wattage since I've been having some heat problems but it was mostly because of the outside temperature, though I do intend to make an active intake with some computer fans I have lying around.

WP_20151001_15_48_17_Pro.jpg

Here's some pictures of Hash Bomb plant # 4, it was the runt of the litter and at one point I thought it might not make it, but now it's super healthy and the widest and most bushy of the Hash Bombs.

WP_20150930_17_36_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20150930_17_37_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20150930_17_38_12_Pro.jpg

nice growing :thumb:

I changed the fans in the lights and they're really quiet now:)

WP_20151004_01_26_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20151004_01_36_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20151004_01_25_42_Pro.jpg

WP_20151004_01_35_44_Pro.jpg

Subbed in for the ride Looking fantastic so far

Love to see your journal. Great job there! Subbed

Update - Day 57 from seed

I transplanted the girls into the 15L Air-Pots last wednesday and a couple of days ago they really took off:)
So I'm definitely going to transplant earlier next grow and not use the 1L pots but plant the seed straight into the 3L for starters and then go up to the 15L pots.

I've had a Magnesium deficiency and I got some Canna Mono Magnesium and some Canna Mono Calcium the latter is in case I over do the Mg and lock out the Ca.
The white tips seems to have disappeared from all the plants except the White Widow which has the worst Mg deficiency, even though I gave her twice as much Mg as the others.
Cannabis_Nutrient_And_Deficiency_Table3.JPG

I haven't fed them any nutes since before the transplant, but I'll probably give them some when I water later today or atleast a full round of boosters.

WP_20151016_18_11_23_Pro.jpg

Hash Bomb # 1

WP_20151016_18_12_00_Pro.jpg

Hash Bomb # 2 - Most of the fan leaves were taken off a couple of days ago as a test and yesterday I ponytailed the top, method copied from Atulip.
Atulip's Closet - LED - Swick Organic Soil - NLxBB - White Widow - Blue Kush

WP_20151016_18_12_16_Pro.jpg

Hash Bomb # 3 - Seems to be a different pheno from the other 3 being taller and less bushy.

WP_20151016_18_12_34_Pro.jpg

Hash Bomb # 4

WP_20151016_18_12_54_Pro.jpg

White Widow

WP_20151016_18_13_13_Pro.jpg

White widow - close up showing the white tips, red stems, and yellowing of the lower leaves that made me go get get some Mg.

WP_20151016_18_14_16_Pro.jpg

NL X BB

WP_20151016_18_14_40_Pro.jpg

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom