The Mother Hunt - Strain Search - Part 1

Harvest of the Hermie Orange Bud

I chopped the hermied Orange Bud 47 after flipping to 12/12, and I'm happy I did because I found more nanners while trimming.
I moved the smallest Northern Lights(#1) from Setup A in her place to make more room, but I still think I have to get rid of one of the plants in setup A to make room.
My mate might take the biggest THC Bomb and finish it, if we can manage to move it unseen through town:)
If not I'm gonna move the last Orange Bud outdoors, or otherwise get rid of it since the 2 other seeds from the same pack grew hermies in two different setups...

WP_20160813_15_01_21_Pro.jpg
WP_20160813_15_01_00_Pro.jpg
WP_20160813_15_00_21_Pro.jpg

:Namaste:

Update Day 106 from seed

A lot has has happened since last update, I flipped the remaining plants to flower on Day 100 from seeds as a little symbolic thing;)

There are way too many plants for the space I have and I tried to move them around a bit until I can move one or two out.
I moved the 3 remaining plants in 15L Air-Pots to Setup A, along with the 2 THC Bombs in 7 gal. Smart Pots, to get some more light on them the last 3ish weeks of flower.

So now I have 2 Northern Lights, the Berry Bomb and the huge Orange Bud crammed into Setup B.

Northern Lights #1 was moved to flower on Day 97.

Other than the space issues and the hermie Orange Bud, things are running pretty smooth:) and for the first time I'm actually not having nutruient problems.

I've never had plants this big and I'm really curious to how they flower with all their side branches on side branches.

The Northern Lights seem s to be a heavy feeder, and I thínk it might be a good idea to start out flower nutes pretty strong in the first 3 weeks of bloom to get some bud explosion going.
I fed Northern Lights #1 the day I flipped it with a pretty strong mix and she's not showing any signs of nuteburn.

Setup A

WP_20160820_11_06_20_ProII.jpg

WP_20160820_11_06_36_Pro.jpg

THC Bomb #1

WP_20160820_10_31_09_Pro.jpg

THC Bomb #2 Got the upside down pyramid shape going:)

WP_20160820_10_34_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20160820_10_36_27_Pro.jpg

Northern Lights #3 Buds are getting fatter

WP_20160820_10_39_17_Pro.jpg
WP_20160820_10_39_39_Pro.jpg
WP_20160820_10_44_29_Pro.jpg

THC Bomb #3

WP_20160820_11_01_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20160820_11_01_39_Pro.jpg

THC Bomb #4 I'm sooo looking forward to chopping and smoking this chubby lass:drool:

WP_20160820_10_50_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20160820_10_55_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20160820_10_53_40_Pro.jpg

Setup B

It's a jungle down there;)

WP_20160820_11_09_21_ProII.jpg

WP_20160820_11_09_47_Pro.jpg

Subbed.. Looking great..

Update

Becasuse of the lack of space, I evacuated THC Bomb #2 to my friend's house where it fills up his 80x80x180 tent:)

I chopped and washed NL#3 , THC Bomb #3 and THC Bomb #4 thursday night(Day 126 (THC Bomb#4 day 119) from seeds, day 74 from flip)

So now I'm down to 5 plants all in 7 gal. Smart Pots, NL#1, NL#2, Berry Bomb and Orange Bud in Setup A and THC Bomb #1 alone in Setup B.

My lack of attention to the ladies has resulted in a lot of small side shoots and undergrowth wasting time and energy, I decided to cut off a lot now in the beginning of week 5 in flower...
Definitely gonna stay on top of that, the space issue and begin LST'ing early on next grow;)

Some before chop pics

THC Bomb #3

WP_20160908_18_57_25_Pro.jpg

THC Bomb #4

WP_20160908_21_43_58_Pro.jpg

Norhern Lights #3

WP_20160908_22_20_02_Pro.jpg

After Bud Wash

WP_20160908_23_47_17_Pro.jpg

Setup A

WP_20160911_00_01_06_Pro.jpg

Setup B

WP_20160910_23_51_52_Pro.jpg

After a little LST and pruning

WP_20160911_00_36_57_Pro.jpg

War has been declared!

By spider mites....

Luckily Setup B isn't really under attack.

First I thought it was thrips, panicked and sprayed the tents with BioBizz Leaf-Coat while the lights were on, not the best idea but didn't do any damage.

A couple of days later I sprayed all plants with neem oil, while lights off, didn't kill them...
But I have an ace in my sleeve:) a little critter called Green Lacewing(Chrysoperla carnea), or more specific their larvae.
I learned about them on a Danish forum and ordered some the day I noticed the attack.
I received them in the mail today, and just 10 minutes ago released almost all of them on my girls (saved some in the fridge in case the plant my mate got have spider mites as well)
They are some ferocious looking creeps and I woulnd't wanna be something smaller than them in my tent:yikes:
I ordered them from a local biological pest control company, and paid 30 USD for them shipping included.

That sucks! How did you notice them?
Got any idea about how they showed up? Great solution the predator. I'm wondering if you can order them in Europe as well. I might look it up, you never know...

That sucks! How did you notice them?
Got any idea about how they showed up? Great solution the predator. I'm wondering if you can order them in Europe as well. I might look it up, you never know...

White dots on the leaves, they probably crawled in or there was some on my clothes or something.
I am in Europe mate:), the company only ships inside Denmark, but you might find some in your country.

Sharp thinking dude! I already found a company selling these bad boys and bookmarked it just it case it ever happens.
Didn't know that the spider mites showed up that easily. How's the plant now? Do the dotted leaves recover or they just die?
Cheers

Sharp thinking dude! I already found a company selling these bad boys and bookmarked it just it case it ever happens.
Didn't know that the spider mites showed up that easily. How's the plant now? Do the dotted leaves recover or they just die?
Cheers

I took the worst looking leaves off before I deployed the lacewings, but I don't think they recover.
Looks like no new damage has been done since my troops took over;) still not sure the spider mites are all gone or if they'll try to make a counter attack.
I don't like the overall state of the plants in setup A mostly because of my lack of planning and neglecting them... but the THC Bomb is looking good. So I'm looking forward to getting this grow done and start a new, I just have a lot of planning to do - so many nice strains to try:cool:

That THC Bomb is indeed looking crazy nice.
Where do you think you messed up with the setup A?

Bad planning, too many plants(SORRY not enough room:)), not enough attention, late LST, too long veg time etc etc etc;)
All plants were affected, but the now chopped ones and the THC bombs were treated the best, the ones in Setup A now are the 4 that were cramped in Setup B for weeks.
I don't think the spider mites got to do much damage, it looks like the Lacewing larvae eradicated them - new favorite pet:love:

Yes these guys don't go exactly cheap but it's better than using pesticides I believe!
What do you have planned for your next grow? Or maybe it's a surprise? :p

Yes these guys don't go exactly cheap but it's better than using pesticides I believe!
What do you have planned for your next grow? Or maybe it's a surprise? :p

Rosemary oil or garlic oil should get them too, I just like the idea of something hunting the little pricks:)

Well, for the motherhunt I already bought Sugar Black Rose from Delicious and The Black from BC Bud Depot.
But I recently discovered In House Genetics, Burning Bush Nurseries, Obsoul33t Genetics Group and a lot of other interesting breeders.
Only few seedbanks offer these seeds and not many ship to Europe...
I hope to get my hands on some Platinum Gorilla, Rainbow Cookies or Sunset Sherbert seeds;)

Back
Top Bottom