The Mother Hunt - Strain Search - Part 1

Haha I feel you man! If you get these you're not gonna gently apply some oil, you just want them to be devoured alive! Doesn't matter if it's twice more expensive.

It's cool that you hunt all these strains, it's an aspect of growing cannabis that I'm totally not used to since I have 0 smoking knowledge. But the way you seem to be doing it, it's like hunting for very fine and special wines. I hope you'll be documenting all of it! Can't wait to join the ride ;)

Update 12/12 Day 71+72

The damned spider mites came back, so I had to get another pack of larvae for the last week but I didn't really bother to deploy them as precisely as the first lot.

All the girls were chopped after 10 weeks in flower (Day 71 and Day 72 from flip)

I've been harvesting and washing the entire weekend and just finished trimming the last girl now.
The THC Bomb was the first to go and it looks like I'm gonna get some rock hard and super frosty nugs off of her.

The 2 Northern Lights, the Berry Bomb and Orange Bud didn't look half as good as the THC Bomb, but except for the Orange Bud they look allright.
The Orange Bud is crazy foxtailed and I didn't bother to trim her at all, not many leaves left anyway just withered ones.

The THC Bomb that was moved to my friends house is still going strong with many white pistils and heavy buds reaching for the floor;) It's probably gonna be in flower for 12-12 weeks before it's ready.

After I chopped the girls I took the pots and soil away, turned off the exhausts and blasted the tents with a strong neem-oil solution.
Today I cleaned the tents and the room they're in with a generic cleaning agent.
The plants are drying in the room and when they're all jarred up I'll clean the tents and room with chlorine, open the windows and make sure there's a drafy throughout the night and hopefully the chlorine and 5°C will kill off any spidermites before I start my next grow(s).

My camera is acting up and it's hard to get a focused and unblurred picture... But here's some.

NL #1. NL#2, Berry Bomb, Orange Bud Day 64 from flip

1212_Day64.jpg

THC Bomb #1 before chop (Day 71)

WP_20161021_03_19_53_Pro.jpg

THC Bomb #1 before chop (Day 71) The purple branches

WP_20161021_03_20_22_Pro.jpg

THC Bomb #1 (Day 71) After Bud Wash

WP_20161021_05_23_08_Pro.jpg

:Namaste:

Great job dude! Can't believe the mites showed up again. Do you happen to know if cannabis tend to be more prone to pest invasion compared to other home plants?

PS : what's the buddha for? :)

Great job dude! Can't believe the mites showed up again. Do you happen to know if cannabis tend to be more prone to pest invasion compared to other home plants?

PS : what's the buddha for? :)

It's a very resilient plant in general, but when they're not healthy, pests and diseases come easily, and these things are not the cause but the symptoms of unhealthy plants.
The THC Bomb was only had spidermites on a handfull of leaves and the entire Orange Bud was infested.

The Buddha has to sit under the tree until he reaches enlightenment :)

That's interesting! So when you got a healthy plant it can fight off pests more easily?

I like that Buddha! At least you know when someone's stealing your pictures and it looks better than a watermark :)

That's interesting! So when you got a healthy plant it can fight off pests more easily?

I like that Buddha! At least you know when someone's stealing your pictures and it looks better than a watermark :)

Well yes, but more along the lines that pests are the result of an unheathy plant, not the cause.
They are not able to get a foothold/bridgehead on the healthy plant to begin with.

Ofcourse this only go for the tiny critters, slugs and deer will munch them down no matter how tough they are, but I don't let them into my tents anyway ;)

If anybody wanna steal my pics they're welcome :) It's a serious compliment ;) People can always crop pics anyway, and watermarks are often annoying and ruins a good shot.
If I ever get plants and photography skills/equipment to create pics worthy of stealing, I'll buy a gun rack and paint it purple and have it in the background :cool:

High PGR,
Your setups and plants:bravo: look great!
Eating popcorn over here! :popcorn:

If I ever get plants and photography skills/equipment to create pics worthy of stealing, I'll buy a gun rack and paint it purple and have it in the background :cool:

Till then the Buddha will remain the mascot :)

After Action Report and Final Dry weight

I learned a lot during this grow, and now I know what to expect from bigger pots, so when finances permit me trying Hi-Brix I'll have an idea of the plants final sizes.

Beside the space issue and the spider mite attack late in flower, this grow has been rather succesful.

The 4 plants that didn't get enough room didn't live up to their potential, but still produced a decent amount of very nice bud.

Vegging for 100 days is cool if there's room for it and all the energy eating undergrowth is removed before it becomes a jungle down there;)

As for the strains THC Bomb and Northern Lights are very strains that are certainly worthy of keeping as mother or growing from seed occasionally, it seems the NL is very consistent in growing and effect.
Having grown only one Berry Bomb, there's not much to judge it by and it might find its way to my grow room again, Orange Bud is not though - 2 hermies and 1 crazy foxtailing, with no Sativa effect but rather an allround Indica leaning effect.

I was at my mate's a couple of dasys ago helping him trim and wash THC Bomb #2 and it looks and smells very nice:)

Final Dry Weight

15L Air-Pots

Plant
Days in veg
Days in flower
Yield
Orange Bud(Hermie)
524721,2g
Northern Lights #3
527435,0g
THC Bomb #3
527442,5g
THC Bomb #4
527445,1g
Total
-
-

7 gallon Smart-Pots

Plant
Days in veg
Days in flower
Yield
Northern Lights #1
997356,0g
Northern Lights #2
1007248,0g
Orange Bud
1007257,0g
Berry Bomb
1007252,5g
THC Bomb#1
10071126,3g
Total
-
-
339,8g

A combined total of 483,6g dried bud and a lot of frosty popcorn and trim.

THC Bomb#1 is the undisputed winner and the nugs are frosty, dense and tasty. The result is very nice even though she spent the last 8 weeks of flowering alone in Setup B under just ~280w of LED light.

Strain reviews will be coming in one by one as I progress in testing the herbs ;)

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Back
Top Bottom