Question about light

jueyman

So I will buying a 3x3 tent and I'm deciding if buying a REFLECTOR 144 or MARS II 700 . Any advice or suggestion is welcomed.

Go big or go home I'd go with the 700...

I don't know much about your lights or the ones you're considering. But I do know Murphy, and his law. Things break, so I'd take two good lights over one big light. But, in your space, I'm not sure of the specs.... And if two will work.

if your budget allows a little room, the 900 might be better as it is suited for a 3.5x3.5 area, so you will get more intensity in regard to penetration and reflection from your tent walls; not sure how much heat it puts off tho..

ive seen alot of people recommend 2 smaller lights instead of one larger light because it can give you better coverage with 2 center points, so that depends on what you're comfortable with, dealing with multiple lights or not.. also if one light has an issue, you still have one to get you through.

2 x Mars II 400 @ 2.5x2.5 each would give you a decent coverage but its a bit short for your 3' tent, if you go for 2 lights, i might look at 2x reflector 96 or 144 series instead of the 400

personally, i think i'd rather just use one larger light, but thats just me.

this is an excellent point tho
But I do know Murphy, and his law. Things break, so I'd take two good lights over one big light.

Good this was the kind of input I wanted. The size of tent I'm looking is 3' 3''X 3' 3''X 5' 11'' . I terms of money it looks better to buy a bigger one although money is not an issue and I'm looking for something good. If the 900 is not an overkill , I will definitely go for that one.

keep in mind before i answer that I am using HID and have never run LED lights, my input is based solely on personal research and what I have seen around the forum;

lighting is a big decision and investment so you're going to want the right unit for the job - the 900 theoretically will cover your 3'3 canopy with a bit of light to spare, but i cant say how much it will penetrate the undergrowth without some kind of training. (LST, SCROG)

check out other peoples grow journals and compare their results with different lights and tents as well;

you can post a question for Sara, the Mars Hydro rep here
Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

here is a member using the 900 in a 4x4 tent - which suggests the 900 would be adequate
Mars2 900 - 4x4 - Scrog

further discussion on various Mars lights
MARS LED Lighting Choices

keep in mind before i answer that I am using HID and have never run LED lights, my input is based solely on personal research and what I have seen around the forum;

lighting is a big decision and investment so you're going to want the right unit for the job - the 900 theoretically will cover your 3'3 canopy with a bit of light to spare, but i cant say how much it will penetrate the undergrowth without some kind of training. (LST, SCROG)

check out other peoples grow journals and compare their results with different lights and tents as well;

you can post a question for Sara, the Mars Hydro rep here
Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

here is a member using the 900 in a 4x4 tent - which suggests the 900 would be adequate
Mars2 900 - 4x4 - Scrog

further discussion on various Mars lights
MARS LED Lighting Choices

Thanks, I really appreciate the help. I will study more about this and later decide. But this thread really has helped a lot.

no problem!

good idea, there is a lot of information to read on this site, and many active members who can help you when its needed;
i've rarely had to go anywhere else to find what i was looking for!

:thumb:

Check out the Sun Systems 315 watt lec MH.... One plant in a 3x3 scrog screen, done right, will get you a half pound easy.... I'm running two in my current grow thread..... Led worked fine my last grow, i still use it to veg.... But to get an led to do as well as a ss315 will cost at least as much as a ss 315, probably more.... my 120 volt cost $470 ea shipped... The 120v model needs to convert 120v to 220v so draws about 20-25 more amps than the 220v model, which is also about $25 dollars cheaper....

Back
Top Bottom