R.Q.S. Hulkberry: Attack Of The Clones

Well its happened !!!. I have an excuse to move these ladies into coco for their grow. I am due to go away in 3 weeks and have had so many water based disasters while home that Mrs GG cannot cope with the thought of a disaster while we are away and coming home to chaos. The girls will be put under my 200w cloning light alongside some (hopefully) germing Barneys Farm seeds that will go in the buckets(maybe) when i get back.
They have been coping well with silly temps in the room above 30°c with tent closed but they are not showing any signs of a issue besides slower growth i think !
Will feel safer knowing nothing can flood while not here to be honest. I have considered finding a nice local hidey spot for the clones i wont fit in after. would be interesting to see how long they lasted before a scrote or bobby found them.
I dont have a lot of confidence in the yield for this strain now and have been watching other Hulkberry grows ( elsewhere,,gulp!!) and it does seem to be a theme of low yield for huge plants. Now i have my lughts and room sorted , ir seems crazy to work towards that end. I am going to keep this alive and will update occadinally while i sort the next beans. thanks for sticking with it and i hope you will join the copycat of @ProfessorFlora 's Barneys grow. cant wait now.
20190424_184246.jpg
20190424_184239.jpg
20190424_184235.jpg
20190424_184231.jpg
20190424_183507.jpg
20190424_183503.jpg

Attachments

• 20190423_215242.jpg
    20190423_215242.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 91
That's a good idea. Spare clones released into the wild! I've wanted to do it with some autos but I'm worried that it'll be too close to home and raise suspicion in the area
I think I'd probably be too worried to leave hydro plants unattended for periods of more than a few days. One trick I found was that if you're fortunate enough to be close to a transplant then you can get away with up to a couple weeks before the plants need a watering again

That's a good idea. Spare clones released into the wild! I've wanted to do it with some autos but I'm worried that it'll be too close to home and raise suspicion in the area
I think I'd probably be too worried to leave hydro plants unattended for periods of more than a few days. One trick I found was that if you're fortunate enough to be close to a transplant then you can get away with up to a couple weeks before the plants need a watering again
I am counting on the seedlings being less needy but will have to work out how to get some fluid into their pots to. Might try wicking somehow from plain ph water. can use the soaker hose i have to make dripper rings but not dure if the rdwc water pump is too high delivery at 650L/h. have got two nft trays to take 80 litres run off at a push , but hoping can keep the feeds for 10 days below about 60Ltr to avoid overflowing the drain off res. Not sure how high flow rate pumps function as dripper pumps .Any advice welcome @ProfessorFlora

Well heres the new plan. Due to going away and not trusting the rdwc not to leak, block , die , blow my house up etc... I am putting these girls into coco for their finish. Sadly i am not confident of their proving me wrong on the yield so need to maximize the space better. I am germinating some Barneys Farm new strains beans now for the rdwc. ( Diaries will follow). I am intending to continue with this one also just alongside.
They have been growing nice and steadily and they have kept steady on the numbers Ph 5.6-6.1 sliding down. Ppm has been steady around 800 and they have loved the air stones too. roots are forming up nicely so should transplant ok hopefully. They will get extra veg time too as the new beans catch up and it will possibly mean a few will become guerilla grows locally. Will keep the best lookers for the room though
Need also to work on the noisy airpumps before setting off again. sounds way too noisy for stealth and sleep.
Heres the girls on their final day in the buckets.
20190425_225848.jpg
20190425_225851.jpg
20190425_225844.jpg
20190424_184239.jpg
20190424_184235.jpg

Not sure how high flow rate pumps function as dripper pumps
Sorry GG. Must have missed the notification for this one
It will squirt out in a jet but as long as the stake is in the pebbles securely it should be ok. I had a stake come loose but luckily the water went back into the system. From that moment on I now bury them deep lol

Sorry GG. Must have missed the notification for this one
It will squirt out in a jet but as long as the stake is in the pebbles securely it should be ok. I had a stake come loose but luckily the water went back into the system. From that moment on I now bury them deep lol
Sounds sensible advice. Was concerned at flow rate being too high and just drowing it all in 15 min daily feed( minimum timer sectors are 15min segments) Am hoping the soaker hose rings can hold the pressure to slowly leak rather than flow. If not then drippers it will be. Thanks Prof.

You can get different dripper steaks. Some are designed for pebbles and they allow more water out creating the jet effect. You can also get stakes designed for soil and coco which allow less water through. I actually have some but I've not used them as I have only grown with clay pebbles in the system. I don't know what they're like when they are running lol

You can get different dripper steaks. Some are designed for pebbles and they allow more water out creating the jet effect. You can also get stakes designed for soil and coco which allow less water through. I actually have some but I've not used them as I have only grown with clay pebbles in the system. I don't know what they're like when they are running lol
Thanks Prof. Do have some odds and ends of dripper stuff around from past too. hoping the rings give me a decent usable flow. Trying to get below 70lts so can leave it feeding for the 10 days i am away. Nft tanks will store 70lts of runoff between them hopefully !!

Hey Ganja what's the flow rate of your pump and how many rings do you have?
Hi sog. The rings are from soaker hose , about 4inches across . there are 8. The pump is 650 L/h according to the label.

I am hoping the soaker hose has the right flow rate for less than 10 ltr per 15min feed. Res can hold 80l at a push for drain to waste if needed . Going away for 10ndays so need a solution. Cant leave in rdwc and wont leave hps on for that long unchecked. Considering standing in nft res with solution to wick it up maybe. Am testing the soakers tomorrow to see how much they actually pump through for 15 mins.

I am hoping the soaker hose has the right flow rate for less than 10 ltr per 15min feed. Res can hold 80l at a push for drain to waste if needed . Going away for 10ndays so need a solution. Cant leave in rdwc and wont leave hps on for that long unchecked. Considering standing in nft res with solution to wick it up maybe. Am testing the soakers tomorrow to see how much they actually pump through for 15 mins.
Aren’t there maybe regulated small pumps where you can adjust the waterflow to a minimum? And I know for fishtanks they’ve got really small waterpumps with low flowrates.
*corrected the air to water lol

Aren’t there maybe regulated small pumps where you can adjust the airflow to a minimum? And I know for fishtanks they’ve got really small airpumps with low flowrates.
There are Peter but the smaller pumps wont have enough pressure behind them for the drippers I reckon
Usually small fluid pumps are more suited to NFT tables ( not off the cards yet and considering setting both tanks back up for warmer weather issues .) Hopefully the rdwc pump will be able to supply the soaker hoses with a slow flow. Standing them in water could also be an option if I use big fabric pots to wick water up to the roots. Should be a steady enough growth rate that the roots wont get that far down before I get back . ( Hopefully)

There are Peter but the smaller pumps wont have enough pressure behind them for the drippers I reckon
Usually small fluid pumps are more suited to NFT tables ( not off the cards yet and considering setting both tanks back up for warmer weather issues .) Hopefully the rdwc pump will be able to supply the soaker hoses with a slow flow. Standing them in water could also be an option if I use big fabric pots to wick water up to the roots. Should be a steady enough growth rate that the roots wont get that far down before I get back . ( Hopefully)
Yeah sounds like a good alternative.
Sounds weird but a friend was lookong at complete dripper systems from aliexpress lol

Yeah sounds like a good alternative.
Sounds weird but a friend was lookong at complete dripper systems from aliexpress lol
They a be a godsend and feed great with them. Am going to use wicking for the young beans while I am on holiday and the drippers for the clones on my nft table. Need to find a usable solution.

Update Day 26 veg: I have now put all of these girls into coco. Due to being away and rdwc leaks ect... , i decided a new route will need to happen. plan is to slow these down with the cloning light while away ( and new seedlings in) . Once i get back i will be hitting them again with full MH for a little more golden light before flowering. They should have a nice structure by this point but not too large. I plan on them being in the corners of the room like pillars hopefully. fi gers crossed. They all look very happy but when transplanting, a few had roots damaged that came away. Hoping the recovery is fast as i only have a week before i leave for 10 days . The pump idea is a no go i think ( too high flow) so will be wicking somehow or maybe the standing in water idea.
20190503_210721.jpg
20190503_210712.jpg
20190503_210703.jpg
20190503_210700.jpg
20190503_210655.jpg
20190503_210646.jpg
20190502_201224.jpg
20190502_201215.jpg

Attachments

• 20190502_201208.jpg
    20190502_201208.jpg
    806.3 KB · Views: 76