R.Q.S. Hulkberry: Attack Of The Clones

Update Day 26 veg: I have now put all of these girls into coco. Due to being away and rdwc leaks ect... , i decided a new route will need to happen. plan is to slow these down with the cloning light while away ( and new seedlings in) . Once i get back i will be hitting them again with full MH for a little more golden light before flowering. They should have a nice structure by this point but not too large. I plan on them being in the corners of the room like pillars hopefully. fi gers crossed. They all look very happy but when transplanting, a few had roots damaged that came away. Hoping the recovery is fast as i only have a week before i leave for 10 days . The pump idea is a no go i think ( too high flow) so will be wicking somehow or maybe the standing in water idea.
20190503_210721.jpg
20190503_210712.jpg
20190503_210703.jpg
20190503_210700.jpg
20190503_210655.jpg
20190503_210646.jpg
20190502_201224.jpg
20190502_201215.jpg
Looking good! I have no experience with coco but doesn’t it dry out really quick compared to soil?

Looking good! I have no experience with coco but doesn’t it dry out really quick compared to soil?
It is very like hydro but does hold water very well too. even at total saturation ,it maintains 30% oxygen level. It is very hard to over water it . The size of the pots (20ltr) will keep them very happy once soaked and should keep moisture for at least 4/5 days before really needing water again. I dont do the wet/dry cycle with coco and use regular drenchings normally. .I do plan on automating these girls with feeds once i get back from jollies. As they are still fairly small and under a low light with very cool room temp , they shouldn't use up much anyway. Thats my hope anyway. They are looking ok today too thankfully. fingers crossed they wont miss.me too much lol.
They look very happy and healthy but can see the difference between clones and seed grows clearly here. They do tend to continue with the "branch" like growth so are not as thick or symmetrical in their structure. They will end up as big eventually but can take a longer veg time.
20190505_085422.jpg
20190505_085411.jpg
20190505_085405.jpg
20190505_085400.jpg
20190505_085355.jpg
20190505_085341.jpg

Nice colour coming through on them GG. Off to anywhere nice? I don't think I've asked yet
Thanks prof. Off to Alcudia (espana) Be a nice break for us all. let someone else clear the dinner mess up for a bit. My kids are animals on an all u can eat. The staff didnt stand still too long near the food table !!. Just want all these girls settled and happy before i desert them.!!
I think the Hulk will make nice corner pillars for the beans growing too. saves a blow out yield if they dont perform well. do like how they look but are not big girls yet. hopefully better lighting will blow them up when i return.

enjoy your hols lol
i just had one couple weeks back, came back to a slight mishap so fingers x you dont come back to same lol
Thank you. I think we worry more about the plants than the holiday and plans.lol . i am confident that a good soak will be enough for them till i get back 12 days ( 2 till we leave so only 10 days)
Still havent had to water their pots since transplant so they should hold plenty with a soak too. They are looking happier in the coco than they were in the dwc tbh.

Update Day 32 veg: girls looking happy and settled now. hoping they are prepared for not seeing me for so long. lol
Growth has been thankfully slow but healthy. Have a spider patrol crew that are keeping any beasts at bay so far. temps have been around 23 °c .Rh could have been better than the 38% but once all the leaves and size build up this will change.
20190510_150942.jpg
20190510_150938.jpg
20190510_150931.jpg
20190510_150924.jpg

Good old spider crew! Mine are about to leave as I'm flowering tomorrow. It's for their own good lol. Those babies are still looking lovely and green GG!
Cheers prof. They do feel very healthy too. should make good corner pillars for the Barneys grow. Have lost too much faith in them to pour the attention in.lol. might surprise me yet ?.

Cheers prof. They do feel very healthy too. should make good corner pillars for the Barneys grow. Have lost too much faith in them to pour the attention in.lol. might surprise me yet ?.
You never know, they just might do. I threw some seeds in some dirt back in January and haven't paid them much attention since. Unlike the Barneys grow they have just done their thing without any complaints. As soon as these 3 are done the POG is going in here to be flowered. I'm itching for the space now and just want these 3 to hurry up lol. They look quite pretty though....
ORG_DSC00431.JPG

Chocolate Mint OG....
ORG_DSC00432.JPG

Island Punch....
ORG_DSC00434.JPG

Cheese N'Chong....
ORG_DSC00435.JPG

You never know, they just might do. I threw some seeds in some dirt back in January and haven't paid them much attention since. Unlike the Barneys grow they have just done their thing without any complaints. As soon as these 3 are done the POG is going in here to be flowered. I'm itching for the space now and just want these 3 to hurry up lol. They look quite pretty though....
ORG_DSC00431.JPG

Chocolate Mint OG....
ORG_DSC00432.JPG

Island Punch....
ORG_DSC00434.JPG

Cheese N'Chong....
ORG_DSC00435.JPG
even your "dont cares" look great. We need a business in the UK "Crop rescue rooms"
sort your messes out for % of final yields dependant on the "hands on needed"
sick if hiding away trying to make a small living.lol

Update day day 46 veg. After the 10 day absence of daddy, the ladies have kept enough moisture for the entire period. They don'tshow any signs of missing me ( nothing new there.!) I am putting the sun back on tomorrow so they can get on with growing those pillars. Am sticking to just a single 600MH for a week to allow the new ladies to adjust alongside the Hulks. I am relieved to say the least and will be cooking a new mix for them tomorrow as a treat for behaving. A few quick shots and a proper update soon.
20190523_201613.jpg
20190523_201607.jpg
20190523_201604.jpg

Looking really healthy @Ganjagrandaddy :bravo: Can’t believe they held up so well for 10 days! Power plants :cheer::ganjamon: I’m sure they’ll enjoy the feeding.

Looking really healthy @Ganjagrandaddy :bravo: Can’t believe they held up so well for 10 days! Power plants :cheer::ganjamon: I’m sure they’ll enjoy the feeding.
Thanks irie. They are in 20ltr but went in smallish rooted after damage from rdwc issues. I really want to nail these as i need to know if it was the pheno or my method with the motherplant. Been trying to catchup after vacation now so will get some time to get busy soon enough. roll on the work with these now.

Update Day 47 veg:. Now i have had some time to get back in to the grow again , i have been busy arranging their future grow pattern with some lst and a few pinches to stems.
I have put one of the 600w Metal Halides on but will only use it solo to keep heat down amd they are all able to fit under the canopy of light easily at this stage.
I have spread out the stems to get max light to the emerging tips within the leaf bracts and hope they will send some stems for bud out pronto.
I plan on a few more weeks veg at least with these ladies and it will allow my other strains time to establish and lst ready for the flip. They are only in Veg day 1 officially today with the light switch.
I will be back on this grow again now and will get the max i can from them alongside their new neighbours. Clones grow at a much slower rate so should even out nicely as we go. I Have a spare pair of trousers and a shirt for when they change back to mr Banner from Hulkberry so dont worry about green shrivelled dangly bits until their buds !!

Before the work
20190525_130944.jpg
20190525_130936.jpg
20190525_130931.jpg
20190525_130927.jpg

After the tying and bending
20190525_130921.jpg
20190525_143744.jpg
20190525_143737.jpg
20190525_143734.jpg
20190525_143732.jpg
20190525_143727.jpg

Update:Day 53 Veg
I am pleased with their look now and they seem to be setting up nicely for the planned ,short and stout. Being clones their growth differences from their mother plant ( Seed) is so noticable. I think if i was to grow a whole crop of these ,either scrogging or sea of green would have to be the best way to push the yield. They have only been back under the MH for a week again so i didnt expect trees to be behind the curtain but seeing how quickly the seeded mother grew to 1.2m , i did expect a spurt of growth.She doubled easily during the stretch so hopefully when i flower the room they will shoot up.
I have been feeding them every two days to run off and they are pushing water out quickly so havent started feeding vigorously yet. They were fed at ppm 600 after all the mix was done. ph 6.1. They took at least 1ltr each before run off began. There are no signs of any issues yet so all good.The plan is to flip in about 2/3 weeks depending on how the new tenants settle in.
They look great for healthy green colour , no tip burn or bug trails. still some residue from the milk spray but nothing sinister.
They took well to being spread out more and have responded with lots of good looking bud sites to fill up hopefully. I am not intending to keep all 5 but 4 will be going to the end with me. Sadly i know who is getting the chop !!!
20190530_190858.jpg
20190530_190851.jpg
20190530_190845.jpg
20190530_190840.jpg
20190530_190836.jpg
20190530_190829.jpg
20190530_190817.jpg
20190530_190807.jpg
20190530_190802.jpg

They are looking great @Ganjagrandaddy! Nice and healthy :ganjamon:
thanks irie. They have been through so much shit getting to this point 2 false starts , in and out of the rdwc twice due to landlord inspection and the holiday , i am impressed with their keeness to keep going despite it all. I forgot how different clones grow in comparison to the seed option. Been years since used clones.lol I do think the head start gives them a chance against the Barneys seedlings at least. I wasnt too impressed with the smoke of their mother plant so am trying to see if it was my growing of it that caused my disappointing result. she got over fed until harvest and her thick , dark green leaves seemed to show too much N i was told. Not really seen any good harvests of the strain yet but some good smoke reports. It did hit initially heavy but tailed off real quickly. I am thinking of "cobbing" most of them this time for a few months to see how they "ferment ". The Bruce Banner x had me jumping at it initially when i bought them.

I'm sure I don't get notifications from your posts GG. Irie posted and I saw that one lol. The gardens looking super healthy. Looks like you've got the nutes dialled in nicely. Hope you're well my man! :passitleft:
All good thanks prof. good to see you here anytime. I have started a journal for the Barneys " phantom Og The Opera Goes Apeshit" too now. will still be with the community grow too but wont photobomb rhe place so much lol. I am stoked with their progress. now in the coco final pots thankfully so all systems go now. Will be updating tomorrow on the progress. See you in your Barneys room soon. ( or anywhere is always welcome). have a good one prof.

Back
Top Bottom