Raiven's 1st Clone Grow - THC Bomb Auto Large - 2014

Raiven

Raiven's 1st Clone Grow: THC Bomb Auto Large - 2014

Welcome everyone to my FIRST CLONE GROW!!! :welcome:

This could turn out to be an AMAZING thread and a great journal to follow!!
OR
It could turn out to be the shortest one yet...This being my VERY FIRST attempt at cloning...

Come check it out and please comment!!!

Thank you!!!

:blunt:

:peace:

Raiven...

Day 1
Veg. Day 1
07-10-14 10:30 pm

-Took cutting from the 3rd node of the Large Plant from my 1st Indoor Grow (See journal in my signature below!!!)
-Mixed GH Flora products together with water to soak RockWool cube in
---Flora Bloom - 1/3 mL
---Flora Micro - 1/3 mL
---Flora Gro - 1/3 mL
---Approx. 1/6 quart of water
-Enlarged hole in cube with small wooden stake
-Cut a fresh 45 deg angle on the clone
-Scratched the bottom 3/4" of the clone
-Dipped clone into rooting hormone powder
-Inserted clone w/ powder on it into RockWool cube
-Cube placed on rims of pots under lights
-Clone will get water if needed
-24 hr light
-Fanning will be the same cycle as the other plants
-Transplant into soil will happen when the clone is strong enough and the roots have taken the whole cube
-***EDIT*** I forgot to trim the leaf tips last night when I did all this... I will do it tonight though and post some pics of todays progress

20140710_222227.jpg
20140710_222240.jpg
20140710_222259.jpg
20140710_222308.jpg
20140710_222418.jpg
20140710_222520.jpg
20140710_222724.jpg
20140710_222636.jpg
20140710_222941.jpg
20140710_222959.jpg
20140710_223125.jpg
20140710_223343.jpg
20140710_223356.jpg

you need to put that clone in a humidity dome or you might have issues rooting.

Thank you for the tip!
I have plans to put together a dome tonight...
Didnt have anything on hand last night

I use ZipLock bags I put clone in it and seal it up and poke 3-4 holes, I get 100% clone success rate. Take clone out after 5 days and you have rooted clones.

Thank you for the tip!
I have plans to put together a dome tonight...
Didnt have anything on hand last night

I use ZipLock bags I put clone in it and seal it up and poke 3-4 holes, I get 100% clone success rate. Take clone out after 5 days and you have rooted clones.

That sounds pretty sweet...
Do you have a picture as an example of how you do it?
Im guessing you dont just open the bag sideways and put the clone in so that the bag is touching it do you?

I don't have any clones going atm so I don't have picture but basically I put like 6 clones in a tubbawear container so they stand upright, then put zip lock over it and seal it, the bottom of the zip lock should make a little tent for you plants.

No worries...
Ok I understand now

:thanks:

good luck , i have just started my own first clone day also , lets hope its a luck day to start , will keep you up to date , few passion#1 and some greenhouse cheese :thumb:

good luck again

Hey Paddy thanks for joining in the thread!!
Fingers crossed for both of us!!!

Those strains sound yummy :yummy: LOL

Def keep me posted!
Do you have a thread I can subb to?

this is my clones , few a bit droopy lol , i just cut them stuck them in rooting powder then put them into damp compost , dome was just made from a plastic sheet a light and a storage box , cheap and cheerful my friend , they are in the bottom of my water boiler , i added a cup with hot water and a sponge in it , hope they take ok with this method ,

P1050368.JPG
P1050369.JPG

this is my clones , few a bit droopy lol , i just cut them stuck them in rooting powder then put them into damp compost , dome was just made from a plastic sheet a light and a storage box , cheap and cheerful my friend , they are in the bottom of my water boiler , i added a cup with hot water and a sponge in it , hope they take ok with this method

Looks great!!
Great ingenuity for a frugal setup!!

It seems like it should do just fine...
I noticed tht you did not trim alot of the leaf tips...Do you find it un-necessary?

i did a few last week i didnt trim too much and they took , well 4 out of five as i got air in stem i think , never knew about the air thing until i read about it , i mist the plastic sheet daily also :thumb:

I dont know anything about air in the stem...
I will have to do some research on it...

I did read about moisture domes and misting daily to maintain humidity so I will def get that going...Hopefully tonight...

P1050371.JPG

Last weeks well ten days ago i think

Those plants look great for ten days
Looks like they all took root pretty well

Thank you so much for the pictures and helpful tips!! :thanks:

Stay tuned for daily pictures and updates on my adventure and Ill do the same for yours!!

:blunt: :high-five:

yes its great when two people start a new journey , i THINK its when you cut your cutting you have to place it in water right away , i cut mine under water this time , i didnt know about this until i seen 4 of my plants were happy and one just died a quick death , i think an pocket of air goes up the stem and kills the cutting , i could be wrong i could have read it wrong but i dont take chances on it now ,

Ill start a thread tomorrow if i can work out how to add the link to it .

Back
Top Bottom