Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

The only picture left to post is the Gorilla Zkittlez. I was going to do it yesterday and got distracted. Not even high at this time of the morning LMAO can't blame weed for that.

I waited because there is a lot of interest in Gorilla Zkittlez these days. I figured there may be more discussions with it. All plants look good so far. One of the phenos of this strain is already 6" taller than everything else and still stretching.

The other phenos are shorter and bushier. The tall pheno looks real similar to the Glueberry I just grew. Because of that I am guessing this pheno is GG #4 dominate. I really like the flavor and high of the GG #4. I am putting it on the short list of strains to buy.

That leaves me with 2 strains I really want to get and self. I don't normally grow strains from either breeder but feel it is best to go right to the source for them. Here are what they are and why.

Ghost Train Haze, Best Haze I have ever smoked. By far. Might as well bite the bullet and get a pack of feminized to find one to self. It has been on my list for a while now. I really need to try and get it while I still can. If I can.

GG #4. The original is what I like. No more trying to find a good hybrid that is like it. Why try and and find as good when I know better. I have quoted to "Go to the original source" for so long it is time I follow my own advise. Same here I need to try and get some while I still can.

I was just about to let you know the last pic said C99 lol. I do have to say your girls all look perfectly healthy this run!! Are there any smells coming from the GZ yet? I have noticed alot of people either want to run that strain, or are already running her.

I don't smell plants much tell later in flower. The tents are starting to smell real nice though. I have did some smell checking on the Snowdawgs yesterday. Still trying to figure out which plant to use with the Headband. One seems to be showing lots more smell at this stage so it is the top choice so far. Only a day or 2 more before I decide so it may just be the winner. Smell right now is all I have to base my decision on.

I also wanted to mention. EVERYTHING IS GOING TO SHIT!

I have decided to switch to guanos from here on out for feeding. I don't have problems using Miracle grow Nutrients. I have used them for years with great success. I never tried to push my plants for more with it. Great thing to use if that is what you want I just am not used to it. Someday I will try to push a single plant. They don't grow truck sized pumpkins with guanos LMAO.

With that said. Guanos spread over the top of the soil is a lot safer way to push plants I think. I have never really had any problems with burning because of it. Plus it releases its nutrients over a couple of waterings. Starting with the 12-10-3 now and will be switching to a 0-13-0 in a few weeks.

I think by doing this I won't ever have plants too hungry. They should always be getting a least a little food. This is the way I did it before. I am just adding more guano more often. First time I have used the 0-13-0. I had a 0-7-0 from a different maker. I have switched to only Buried Treasure guanos now so I chose this one. They all have very good info for how much to use and how often. I have been running there 12-10-3 for years now with great results.

Flavor may improve now also. I never noticed much difference when I switched to organic. I have never compared the 2 head to head with the same strain though. They say it makes better flavor but I didn't notice it before. Still I know it won't hurt flavor or production. I planned to switch because of production. Till I found out the most of my production problem was me and not the food I was using.

No major changes or info to add today so I will just ramble.

Everything got dosed with the guano yesterday. Sooner than I normally would have added any nutrients. A couple of plants are showing slight yellowing in the lower leaves. I know some want more food but not all of them. I could be pushing it if I have strains that want very little food.

Everything is going to well to not try and screw it up now LMAO. This feeding is to keep the plants fat and happy not just happy.
I always screw something up in a grow. Maybe this is the time for this grow. On the bright side this is when I ran into problems in one of the tents last grow. Everything's still fine now. Better fed at this time so I shouldn't have the same problem as before. That is always a plus LMAO.

Gorilla Zkittlez is starting to smell a little. I don't have a name for the smell lol. I don't identify smells well. I can't put a name on that smell but it smells like Crown Royal did. That will only help the people who have grown Crown Royal before. The smell is on the dank side so I will probably like the flavor.

Look what Trailer Trash Betty did to my genetics!!! Lol, my lucky phenotype. :high-five:

:woohoo:
The Devil's Pitchfork and her DDA mother never had frost like this, especially so early in flower. Also, she started flowering super fast compared to the speed at which her sisters are moving.

Hopefully I can get a few lower buds to stay alive long enough to pollinate with him...

Hope you are having a good Monday.

Way cool. Thanks for sharing with us. That is the thing about TTB. While it may be dated a little when it comes to flavor. What it brings to the table hybrid wise is amazing. It seems to improve everything it touches.

That is what TTB has been bringing to hybrids for years. Frost early and big. With luck you will get the no ceiling part and it will really kick your ass. Weird thing is. While it adds a lot. Not many come back just like TTB. In lots of hybrids the outcome will have a little of each parent and a few inbetween. Not so much with TTB. It just seems to make the mothers more badass. It seems the TTB leaning phenos pick up flavor which brings them back to where it needs to be.

Betty shows sex faster than any strain I have ever grown. It might mix well with Auto genetics even though Autoflower is a regressive trait.

Now back to Trailer Trash Betty. The more I see it work for me the original breeder and others. The more I want to work with it in the future. First and foremost in my mind is to cross it with Tahoe Og. Another strain that seems to improve anything it touches. While TTB was the best strain when I grew only one strain. As much as I smoke now days the indica part is a little too much now. A 50/50 hybrid would bring it back toward the middle some. The flavors Tahoe can bring to the picture could be all TTB needs for greatness.

A hybrid with C-99 is my other thought for a hybrid style buzz. Cindy can add lots of sativa effects to the TTB. Plus they are both early strains. This hybrid could be one hell of a cash crop strain if it could be in and out in less than 60 days.

Strength should not be a issue with either one of these hybrids. What happens will be strong I am sure. I just don't know what what will be LMAO.

When I did this I planted 2 TTBs hoping for a Male. Ended up with two females. I pollinated them both with my hybrid. The first was very potent and yielded me about 30 seeds which is just the amount I like to make when doing crosses. The second plant was much better in structure/potency/everything, but only yielded me 11 seeds.

The hybrid above, and the 4 other phenos came from the less robust example of TTB. The 11 seeds I have placed in my special reserve stash will be destined for greatness... perhaps use those to do some back crosses.

Planning a big sativa grow this summer, undecided on what I want to cross with what. Found out my Columbian Gold has been a bit hybridized for an alleged 10week flowering time, undecided on how I feel about that. Maybe I will get those Punto Rojo's crossed with a TTB....

Interesting that you went the opposite way and still go Betty's genetics to come out. Like you said it may be great for a back cross.
With a long winded sativa it would be better to use the Betty as a male to shorten flower time. I think any sativa like you have mentioned would be really interesting crosses with it. Best flavor or the most psychoactive would be the best choices. TTB has good psychoactive properties and would mix well with a sativa that had high levels of it.

And now we have Deadhead. Not a new strain just the reversed Headband is about done. I wanted to use the last of it for a new hybrid but there doesn't seem to be very many new pods left to open. If all goes well I will have 3 hybrids and more feminized headband seeds. That is enough.

all the plants that got cloned to be seeded were the best phenos. Any hybrid I get should be very good if not great. It looks like there will be at least a few seeds. The Basic 99 clone is covered in red hairs. It shouldn't be yet. This plant was directly in the path of the fan on the reversed male. I did this just for that fact and may have got lots of extra seeds because of it. More pollen may have blown off then just dropped onto the plants below. I kept all plants rotated really well except for the Tangilope. It was always close and I shook the reversed plant over it a few times. All the others spent time under the reversed plant. With my luck the Basic will have tons of seeds and be great. Haven't a clue what to name it. Basic Head just wouldn't work. Not with a strain called Killer Head . Who would ever want Basic Head LMAO.

Yes I would absolutely go for the recommended Male TTB and cross with a few of my Punto Rojo crosses, and maybe the modern Columbian Gold when the time comes. I just winged it with what I had last round.

The world of seeds Columbian Gold I grew out would have been a great candidate for Betty. It had a great minty smell and flavor that could have did wonders with Betty's genetics. It had a good all around old school high with some body to it. It just lacked slap you in the face strength. TTB has been known to do that. Hell I live on winging it LMAO.

The world of seeds Columbian Gold I grew out would have been a great candidate for Betty. It had a great minty smell and flavor that could have did wonders with Betty's genetics. It had a good all around old school high with some body to it. It just lacked slap you in the face strength. TTB has been known to do that. Hell I live on winging it LMAO.

Turns out, the parents of my Columbian Gold are world of seeds from seedsman. A private breeder bred them for some reason or another, probably for genetic diversity in hers/his breeding programs, but we don't always need a reason for making seeds... lord knows I still have enough Purps hybrid seeds to last me several years.

I will keep the CG on deck for the summer grow based on your above comment. Seems like the right thing to do.

The first time I ever planted a seed was 20 years ago. I was 17 and it was a bag seed that I planted in my parents backyard, it grew to about a foot tall and my dad caught me watering it one day and he ripped it out of the ground...lol

Back
Top Bottom