Recirc Top Feed Hydro - 3m x 1.5m x 2m Tent - GLR & LST - 1800W - Assorted Strains

Re: Recirc Top Feed Hydro - 3m x 1.5m x 2m Tent - GLR & LST - 1800W - Assorted Strain

I thought you've grown somango before?

i have.. is what i meant by "grows".. plural. first from seed, tasted sublime but didnt yield much at all.. 2nd was in top feed hydro with 1st gen clones.. all the while i thought they were black domina x cheese clones, right up till the last 3 weeks when that smell was unmistakable... and this was just a fill in as these plants were supposed to go to someone else but i ended up putting them in my tent. my next grow, 2nd gen cuttings, in top feed recirculating hydro.. will be my 2nd proper grow with these ladies, imo anyhoo

Re: Recirc Top Feed Hydro - 3m x 1.5m x 2m Tent - GLR & LST - 1800W - Assorted Strain

Hey bro , dam I haven't had a minute to my self all week .busy with work then busy with kids then trying to fit my garden in . I got a bit lazy and didn't clean my ez cloner properly had some mushy stems only one or two but it goes to show how careful we have to be when not fully paying attention.
Also found some s mites in my flower room spayed the fuck outta them .i have good air cur but temps have dropped here .

Your girls looking mighty fine cuz I can smell it throu the screen yummy ..
Did you check out the plynth off for clorine ?
Also should I be using silica magic in flower as well as in veg?
Churr bay

Hey bro , dam I haven't had a minute to my self all week .busy with work then busy with kids then trying to fit my garden in . I got a bit lazy and didn't clean my ez cloner properly had some mushy stems only one or two but it goes to show how careful we have to be when not fully paying attention.
Also found some s mites in my flower room spayed the fuck outta them .i have good air cur but temps have dropped here .

Your girls looking mighty fine cuz I can smell it throu the screen yummy ..
Did you check out the plynth off for clorine ?
Also should I be using silica magic in flower as well as in veg?
Churr bay

i hear ya bro! i started work tuesday the week before last and today is my first day off.. hectic start to the summer hort season here, i been driving for 20 vanuatu brothers.. that, and like you say bro, whanau and other hobbies makes for fuck all time for online updates etc :]
yeah bro, there are always a few casualties in the cloning dept for me- these days anyhoo... at present i lose a few cuttings to my dome... maybe about 10-20% get culled but i always have too many- more than i need, just to be on the safe side of things... finally got room to get my veg tent up n running in a week or two, which will make for less stress
if u ever find time to bro, check out 'bioforce' for "predator mites". i go through them as do a heap of commercial and domestic growers alike, they have predator mites/bugs for a range of infestations bruv(Bioforce - Mite-E (Spider Mite Predator)) these are designed especially for spider mites bro, around 30bux for 1000 delivered right to your door, i used to get 3-4000 per grow and a preventative measure and i'd use them just after turning over to flower.. they are better in the early stages but if you become infested and have a spare few bob get a heap and once they've dealt to your spider mite issues they cannibalize on each other! talk about natural efficiency ;]
cher cher bro! hope you have a good week and don't work too hard! ;]

oh, and to answer yor other questions, i havent got to the stage of checking the pythoff yet bro! as i've been working in soil at present and havent got my chlorine test strips for the pool yet i'll do that asap when i do though!

silicamajic can be used through veg to flower bro, i have used it right up to the last 3 weeks in my hydro.. it's GREAT for rooms that get hotter as it supports plants ability to handle heat, as does their grostorm... check this link out bro: Potassium Silicate | Silica & Plant Growth

all the best dude

hey 420!

time for a photo update... today is

DAY 40 of flower

watering every 2 days... and feeding p and k booster, 'liquid lead' @80mils per 40L twice per week or every 2nd watering and flairforms 'grostorm' @20mils per 20L.

pics @lights just on:
P1030380.JPG

P1030379.JPG

P1030378.JPG

P1030377.JPG

P1030376.JPG

P1030375.JPG

P1030374.JPG

P1030373.JPG

P10303721.JPG

P1030371.JPG

and this, cherry bomb #2 finally slowing on it's stretch to begin filling out(hopefully!!), it reminds me of the kualar lumpur towers:
P1030370.JPG

petronas-towers1.jpg

thanks all :thanks:

Knowing your grow style?
Those buds are going to fill out like upside down baseball bats.
Cherry Bomb's are spitting images of kualar lumpur towers bro.
Fantastic work as always Alk!
:high-five:

Looking fantastic as always bro.gonna be some monsters in there.
I see you have browning pistils , I have the same happening at just on 4 weeks into flower only really lower bud site .never really seen it this early in.
Checked my clones today and they looked like shit so just did a full proper bleach clean x2 on that fucker ha.
New cuttings coming up ,that will learn me for being lazy ha.
I bet you can't wait for your veg tent to be running yeah ya..
Kai time for the whanu bro chur

Also bro do you ever re use clay balls?

Knowing your grow style?
Those buds are going to fill out like upside down baseball bats.
Cherry Bomb's are spitting images of kualar lumpur towers bro.
Fantastic work as always Alk!
:high-five:

thanking you kindly Vick! i'm certainly hoping they fatten up considerably! as do all growers i s'pose *chuckles* i still need to get my co2 gen timed with my extraction fan.. hoping that can add a bit of ooomph to their size too! *fingers crossed*

thanks for stopping in Vick, always a pleasure :Namaste:

Looking fantastic as always bro.gonna be some monsters in there.
I see you have browning pistils , I have the same happening at just on 4 weeks into flower only really lower bud site .never really seen it this early in.
Checked my clones today and they looked like shit so just did a full proper bleach clean x2 on that fucker ha.
New cuttings coming up ,that will learn me for being lazy ha.
I bet you can't wait for your veg tent to be running yeah ya..
Kai time for the whanu bro chur

Also bro do you ever re use clay balls?

howsit trippa!?

yeah bro, they started to brown about a week ago.. i usually get a wave of browning pistils then renewal(i s'pose this would depend on strain too??) with a fattening of the calyx and then a final browning with the much sort-after milky to amber trichs.. tbh bro, i'm not entirely sure why they go into that early browning.. the anatomy and physiology of it all.. but i'd be surprised if it wasnt a natural thing. i know what you're talking about bro, i've found the last couple of grows the pistils on all the lower buds turn first while the main colas at still pumping out white as white pistils! i'm just wandering if it is due to less light than the main colas?? or POSSIBLY due to them being closer to the roots and thereby hitting maturity first? just clutching at straws there bro but it'd be bloody interesting to know the process for sure.
hahaha good shit bro, that'l get em! lol yeah my clones have been hit by a few spidermites- as ive been leaving them outside the last 2 weeks to soak up some natural goodness.. i really do need to get my cloning sorted for the veg tent.. and hell yeah! can't wait till that baby is up n running, sorely neglecting my need for a stable mother space not to mention cutting space! having mine outside was all good.. right up till the damned mites got their dirty fucking claws into my babies lol

it's so easy to get lazy every now and then bro ;) i have those moments more often than not lately.. esp with work but thats only for a coupla months so i got time to sort my shit out.

yeah bro, i wash and rinse my hydroton clay balls with a light bleach mix.. i saw a cool journal on here where the bro had a large screen door type of setup.. and he'd lay his hydroton out on that and rinse them.. looked quick and efficient az.. but me? lastfew times i just chuck as many loads through a 100L plastic tote, hole drilled at the bottomg and covered with mesh- so the water can flow out the bottom... get rid of as much roots as i can.. once clean i put em back in the system and run pythoff and then a diluted bleach mix through the res for a couple of days.. finish by washing straight ph'd water through the system for another day or so then back to business! you could also use river stones too bro, not beach stones due to the salt fucking with your ph etc but river stones work well too.. and last forever. u reminded me, another thing i need to get sorted :)

take it easy bro! and look after that whanau /|\

Glad these temps have dropped aye bro , just a kia ora to you bro hope things are good

you can say that again bro, been a VERY welcome relief at mahi having clouds and cool winds.. we havent been hit anywhere near as bad as chch tho- poor fullas.
cher cher bro

A quick Q for ya bro . If everything is looking good while in flower week 5 . Is there any use in flushing them for couple of days to rid of salt build up or just a waste of time . I will pop some pics up for ya bro in the weekend got some time off yeah ya.

i personally don't flush brother.. that's just me though bro, others do religiously, i don't though.. i don't see the harm in providing nutrients for the plant all the way upto its harvest date.. i could be waay off with that tho!

g'day 420 folk!

today is
DAY 44 of flower

just watered in a dose of liquidlead heavy P n K booster- 80mils per 20L, and flairforms grostorm- 40mils per 20L

temps have been around 28celcius- max and 15celcius- min
RH at around 40%

some random shots 5 mins before lights on and an hour after lights on- in no particular order:
the cave:
P1030432.JPG

P10303901.JPG

P1030391.JPG

P1030392.JPG

P1030393.JPG

P10303941.JPG

cherry bomb #2:
P1030395.JPG

P1030396.JPG

P1030397.JPG

P1030398.JPG

cherry bomb #1:
P10303991.JPG

somango x critical:
P10304001.JPG

P10304041.JPG

somangox #2- needing some supporting:
P10304111.JPG

another of cherry bomb #1:
P10304122.JPG

somango x #3
P10304134.JPG

somango x #4 getting some support:
P10304141.JPG

somango x #6 taking a break on a temp stake:
P10304161.JPG

somango x #7:
P1030420.JPG

another shot of the cherry bomb #2
P1030421.JPG

somango x random colas:
P1030424.JPG

P1030425.JPG

P10304262.JPG

P1030427.JPG

P1030427.JPG

P10304281.JPG

P1030429.JPG

P1030430.JPG

somango x #1 with some added supports:
P1030436.JPG

somango x #2 finished for now
P1030437.JPG

so far ive noticed two quite distinct pheno's but both seem to have a nice low leaf to flower ratio which always makes trimming time a little easier to bear :p so the next round will be a process of trying to filter out the pheno i don't want as much..

cheers all!
:thanks: :circle-of-love:

Looks like some chunky colas in there cuz,it's good to see the fruits of your labour fatten up .
You have done an outstanding job.do you think you will go back to hydro?
If so how do you think the somango will preform .
I'm still fighting these mites only 3 weeks to go so might just spray them fuckers again .they only really on 1 plant.
I checked out that site other day , I will def use them next time in early flower thanks for that.
They still look good starting to smell I think I need new filter.
Dam weekend goes to fast ..
Che bay

Looks like some chunky colas in there cuz,it's good to see the fruits of your labour fatten up .
You have done an outstanding job.do you think you will go back to hydro?
If so how do you think the somango will preform .
I'm still fighting these mites only 3 weeks to go so might just spray them fuckers again .they only really on 1 plant.
I checked out that site other day , I will def use them next time in early flower thanks for that.
They still look good starting to smell I think I need new filter.
Dam weekend goes to fast ..
Che bay

cher brada,
yep, i'll definitely be going back to hydro with the next round, finally got my mother/clone tent up last night, with a 400w MH bulb, which i wired together myself a few years back.. so i'm working on getting the next round of cuttings prepped for the hydro system, they had 2 weeks outdoors and started to flower so i got them pumping under that 400w MH on a GLR cycle.. hopefully they'll re-veg sooner rather than later :] but all things in good time i s'pose. i think the somango will Love the hydro kuzzy! my last round, thinking they were black domina x cheese, went mean as hell! which reminds me.. the two pheno's i mentioned in my last update... im almost convinced the 'other' pheno is actually the black domina x cheese i ran in the last round! cmu

yeah bro, i got a few liL critters running around and showing themselves on random lower branches... i've been using a rosemary oil based spray which seems to do the trick.. but i reckon nothing beats predator mites, they go and go and go till there are no more fuckers to eat lol them they eat themselves! out-of-it liL dudes.. you should be ok though.. if they are only showing on one plant you should be sweet.. but as you prolly know, it doesnt take long for them to spread throughout your whole crop :\

Hey also bro or anyone,what's the best way to smoke bubble hash .
I just made a batch and I normally just stick it in my pipe but it clogs it up .
I wanna see it melt?

i just normally spot it bro- bubblehash i'll spot on hot knives.. MMJ i'll ALWAYS cold spot- ya can't beat that taste! :) or occasionally smoke over MMJ in a cone/pipe.. over the bud seems to act like a mesh of sorts and keeps it from clogging your pipe.. you use mesh at all??

che che bro :ganjamon:

was just looking over your last journal and the photo of my full room looks like your pic of the pines .yummy.
and congrats on the veg room ,more work but more consistency .

looking awesome there bro! nice healthy looking ladies, wicked sea of buds :]
how many pots you got going?? that a tent you growing in?

cher cher bro :ganjamon:

ok.. so four days since my last journal update.

today is 10-03-2014

DAY 48 of flower

so i got the dreaded spidermites persisting with one plant..decided to harvest her and remove the plant from the grow space.
starting to see noticeable increase in density and size, looking to be 2 more weeks i reckon.. although, only they will tell me with the trich colour when the time comes. also, it appears i have 3x black domina x cheeses and 5x somango x criticals LOL plus the two small thc bombs and cherry bombs. i took cuttings from a few different plants and silly me, i didnt take note of which mother the cuttings come from *tsk tsk* will be a task for me to separate out the black domina x's with the next round.

some random pics of the plant i culled and a few of different random plants in the cave:
girl i cut today, due to spider mites :[ this is actually a black domina x cheese, if i'm correct:
P1030479.JPG

P10304621.JPG

P10304541.JPG

P10304551.JPG

P1030457.JPG

P1030458.JPG

rest of the gurls:
somango x
P1030463.JPG

P10304641.JPG

some are starting to fatten up a little
P10304661.JPG

P10304671.JPG

cherry bomb #2
P10304681.JPG

love dem chunky gurls:
P10304691.JPG

somango x #4
P10304701.JPG

with flash on to bring out that crystal:
P10304711.JPG

P1030475.JPG

P1030476.JPG

P10304771.JPG

flash on:
P10304801.JPG

flash on somango x #8
P1030481.JPG

temps been sitting around 28celcius max.. and around 15celcius min, RH at around 40%

thanks all :thanks: :ganjamon: :peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom