Renaissance Man's First Official Grow: Blueberry OG, Gorilla Zkittles & Cream Caramel In Soil

Hi Renaissance Man :)

I’m fashionably late to your party. Looks like you have had highs, then lows, then highs then lows, then highs. It’s basically a bipolar bear grow bruv. :)

While it all looks okay atm, my only advice would be try not to overthink it. I always seem to run into trouble when I overthink my grow.

When I first started I went down the whole pH road on advice I was given and my friend in here sort of said, stop, breath, just water the fucking thing and stop trying to reinvent the wheel, and do you know what? He was right.

Gear change tho, of all the ages the renaissance is by far my favourite. It was that moment when people woke from the darkness, ignorance and torture that was the Middle Ages.

Thanks @Krissi1982! Actually, these are not autos. I had my title edited to the new seeds which are all photos. I know, the journal started off bad, but here we are now.

All 3 of these are photos and only using the Megacrop. I also have the DIY CalMag on standby, but not sure when to use it or how much to use?
How much Tega Brop *taps nose coz you can’t say mega crop* are you at?

I ask coz we are using the same nutes, and I think our plants are at a similar age.

How much Tega Brop *taps nose coz you can’t say mega crop* are you at?

I ask coz we are using the same nutes, and I think our plants are at a similar age.
Hey @Trala, thanks for chiming in. I don't know how to use that multi-quote button so i'll answer each one individually. I am measuring out 1.79g per 1.5L of water. I believe this is the equivalent to 4g/gal. Do you have current journal that I can reference? I may already be following it.. i'm following too... many... journals atm.

Hey @Trala, thanks for chiming in. I don't know how to use that multi-quote button so i'll answer each one individually. I am measuring out 1.79g per 1.5L of water. I believe this is the equivalent to 4g/gal. Do you have current journal that I can reference? I may already be following it.. i'm following too... many... journals atm.
Hi there :)

I have a poster I made of the basic rules for Tega Brop *taps nose* from a Tega Brop *taps nose again* expert in here. It has become my bible.

I’ll get a pic of it for you when I get up if you like.

I do have a journal and my Mimosa Eva is around about the same age as your plants I think. My journal is called Trala’s Tent. At the moment I am growing one seed plant and 3 clones.

Oh and me too regarding too many journals. Yours particularly interests me coz it sounds like we have a similar grow style.

Hi mate. The strips are a ball park measurement, plus it also depends in the temperatures of the solution being tested, there's an ideal range..
With all the nutrients and the medium they are grown in, they should be growing healthy. So, Ph, is what is standing out to me..
Thanks for your input. I actually ordered a pH pen yesterday. I needed it to test my alkaline water that I pay a grip for every month to make sure I'm actually getting what I paid for.

I have the chart that shows where the pH needs to be for certain nutrients to absorb, but is that tested prior to adding the nutrients or after? In other words, if I test my tap water at 6.2 and then it goes to 5.x, that's bad, right?

sorry, pH confuses me.

Awwwww mate, its an offsite reference; But we have all that info in house..plus its a link to a commercial website that sells nutrients.. I will go to the loo, see if you can find all that info on here and quickly replace that link, before a moderator sees it:p
Oopsies...didn't even pay attention just wanted to grab some ph basics...I stink Squig my bad!

Hi there :)

I have a poster I made of the basic rules for Tega Brop *taps nose* from a Tega Brop *taps nose again* expert in here. It has become my bible.

I’ll get a pic of it for you when I get up if you like.

I do have a journal and my Mimosa Eva is around about the same age as your plants I think. My journal is called Trala’s Tent. At the moment I am growing one seed plant and 3 clones.

Oh and me too regarding too many journals. Yours particularly interests me coz it sounds like we have a similar grow style.
Oh nice, I'm already following your journal although I joined at about page 196...Not sure what page the Tega Brop was mentioned but I'm going to go back for another look.

And yes, I'd love to see the poster please.

Oh nice, I'm already following your journal although I joined at about page 196...Not sure what page the Tega Brop was mentioned but I'm going to go back for another look.

And yes, I'd love to see the poster please.
Oh don’t worry about going back. It’s just loaded with bollocks really. It’s the most unprofessional and uninformative journal in the place lollll.

I’ll get the poster for you.

Two real experts regarding Tega Brop in here are Mr Sauga and Virgin Ground. Both are super helpful you just need to @ them.

I’ll get my poster feed pic for you. I follow the feed to the mg and I’ve never even needed to add anything extra. And their green has been bang on.

Just do it. You know you want to. :yahoo:
I do...but space...idk maybe...that's a lot of journals even for me...or maybe just a pop in a pic every few weeks thing if I find room

Oh don’t worry about going back. It’s just loaded with bollocks really. It’s the most unprofessional and informative journal in the place lollll.

I’ll get the poster for you.

Two real experts regarding Tega Brop in here are Mr Sauga and Virgin Ground. Both are super helpful you just need to @ them.

I’ll get my poster feed pic for you. I follow the feed to the mg and I’ve never even needed to add anything extra. And their green has been bang on.
I'm trying to catch up on the Tega Brop thread but only on page 10 of that 222 page journal also. If only I can find a way to get paid to read journals. Hmmmm.

I'm trying to catch up on the Tega Brop thread but only on page 10 of that 222 page journal also. If only I can find a way to get paid to read journals. Hmmmm.
Oh sweet baby Jesus get out now!

So here is my guide and a couple of tips that you never asked for.

With your Tega Brop *taps nose* if you haven’t done so already, tip some into a small jar, and get a anti moisture sachet thingy. They come in handbags and makeup bags and stuff when you buy them. It’s stops moisture getting in your TB.

Measure it to the mg. I prepare it to stop rush disasters. I have like a feeding station with my TB, teaspoon and scales.

FFEA8748-B8AA-4B15-B248-3677CAE3516B.jpeg

Because I struggle to follow the most basic direction my poster is a bit confusing. Just let me know if you need my afterthought arrows explained.

CF9BD494-E6A4-44A8-B723-DDDB4666EAA1.jpeg

Oh sweet baby Jesus get out now!

So here is my guide and a couple of tips that you never asked for.

With your Tega Brop *taps nose* if you haven’t done so already, tip some into a small jar, and get a anti moisture sachet thingy. They come in handbags and makeup bags and stuff when you buy them. It’s stops moisture getting in your TB.

Measure it to the mg. I prepare it to stop rush disasters. I have like a feeding station with my TB, teaspoon and scales.

FFEA8748-B8AA-4B15-B248-3677CAE3516B.jpeg

Because I struggle to follow the most basic direction my poster is a bit confusing. Just let me know if you need my afterthought arrows explained.

CF9BD494-E6A4-44A8-B723-DDDB4666EAA1.jpeg
The more I stare at this poster, the more my brain starts feeling like A Beautiful Mind and I start seeing equations and hearing voices. But seriously, I'm confused. Tega Brop's site says 1tsp = 6g. Yours states .25tsp = 2g. That would mean that yours would be overfeeding by .5g per .25tsp.

On top of that, I was using an online conversion calculator that is different that both of the previously mentioned. I was feeding per Tega Brop's feeding calculator of 1.59g / 1.5L of water in week 2 and 3. In week 4, I followed the "extended veg" of 1.79g / 1.5L of water. However, the first 2 weeks, I fed .79g / 1.5L of water. On my calculator, that showed as .185 tsp. Since my tsp only went down to 1/4, I had to eyeball between 1/8 and 1/4. By your calculation, I would have been underfeeding my seedling stage for weeks 2 and 3 by about 50%.

Since all that trying to eyeball .39tsp, i've decided to get a scale to be more exact.

Please do not ask me to make those calculations again. that was painful.

Thanks for your input. I actually ordered a pH pen yesterday. I needed it to test my alkaline water that I pay a grip for every month to make sure I'm actually getting what I paid for.

I have the chart that shows where the pH needs to be for certain nutrients to absorb, but is that tested prior to adding the nutrients or after? In other words, if I test my tap water at 6.2 and then it goes to 5.x, that's bad, right?

sorry, pH confuses me.
Hi mate. I didn't even know what ph was for the first few grows. Just mix up your nutrients and water together. Let it sit for 5 minutes, stir it again and let it sit again, then test the ph.. if its not within range, you need to adjust it by either adding a ph up solution or a pH down solution.
I'm an expert at poisoning plants with bad ph. It's the only thing I'm good at. :laugh:

Also, soil health is important. My last half dead plants had a soil pH of nearly 10. I recovered them by flushing the soil over many weeks with ph neutal water.
It will all click into place eventually.. but you are on the right tracks now with a ph pen :)

Also, soil health is important. My last half dead plants had a soil pH of nearly 10. I recovered them by flushing the soil over many weeks with ph neutal water.
It will all click into place eventually.. but you are on the right tracks now with a ph pen :)
How do you test the pH of the soil? Is that a different tool? And should the water pH match the soil pH?

Back
Top Bottom