You can tell who gave them to you by scrolling to the bottom of your control panel. This will show you the last 5 or so users that gave or took away reputation from you. You'll also see how many points you have in total.

Here's the link

https://www.420magazine.com/community/account/account-details

The more points you have, the more the reputation you give is worth. It's peer review.

THANK YOU SONIQ your so helpful lol...

Thanks BayAreaStonerGirl

looks like i got some work to do...got a whole 11 points!!! YESSS!! lol...whats the different labels under the "username" mean? Like, grow support and such...i know what grow support is..how do you get up into the biggs?

Keep bringing content to the site and/or helping people whenever you can. It's customary to give someone rep when they go out of their way to try to answer a question you have, say something extraordinarily funny, or bring some great conent. Also, grows are routinely honored in this way.

++reps for the great question

Thank yall for clearing that up cause I thought only those who have some kind of high status could give rep nice to no that I can to

Thank yall for clearing that up cause I thought only those who have some kind of high status could give rep nice to no that I can to

Well I think we all have "High" Status if you catch my drift ...lol

I've received a few emails lately asking for more specifics on how the reputation metrics work. Please see below ;)

Spreading reputation around - you need to rep 20 other members before you can rep the same member again

How many reputation points per
- Each 100 rep points you receive will add another below your post count.

How many members can I rep per day - Up to 10 members per 24 hour period

How many reputation points do I award when I rep someone - The formula considers three factors...

(1 point for each year of membership)+(1 point for every 1000 posts)+(1 for every 100 reputation points you have earned)=(how many points you award to others per click)

Administrators are self-limited to 10 points per award but don't need to spread reputation around before re-awarding it.

[Edit] - Negative rep = half of your positive rep value

...can we trade them in on 420 gear...or maybe some of 420fieds buds?????

For every 100 rep points you acquire, you donate $4.20 to the site ;)

Just kidding; kinda ;)

Seriously, reputation points are a peer review tool. You can show your fellow members that you respect their work or appreciate their comments (or the opposite if someone says or does something you don't like).

When people get feedback they know they are appreciated and it builds a better community. Others (new members) can size up a member a little easier by instantly seeing how long they've been on the site and how much positive feedback they've gotten.

Hope this helps ;)

I don't REP people - I REP posts.
(This keeps me from "biased" REPping because of who the poster is - either positive or negative.)
I may REP posts for:

• Teaching a new or innovative thing
  • Stating something in a clear easy-to-understand fashion that may be especially useful to the newbies
  • Stating something that caused me to "violently nod my head"
  • In the case of, say a journal entry with pictures: Causing me to have to pick my jaw up off of the carpet
  • Stating facts and backing them up with experimentation/research
  • In the case of a newbie: Showing that he learned something, gaining understanding of a concept, understanding why he got the results he did when he tried something, etc.
  • Greatly uplifting my mood when I have had a bad day
  • Schooling me
  • Properly handling a member who might be causing friction instead of getting into a "site fight" with the other member
  • Showing that the author is mature when the easy (or common) way would be to act immature
  • Going that extra step in helping another member
  • Building it himself instead of just throwing cash at it
  • Providing an unbiased review of a product, service, or sponsor (whatever the result of the poster's experience)
  • Providing a link to a product/service on a sponsor's web site when such a product/service is being discussed
  • Doing something special for this site
  • Providing insight into the human condition
  • Showcasing the poster's achievement (see also: "picking my jaw up off the floor" lol)
  • Etc.
I may anti-REP a post for:

• Causing friction
  • Fighting
  • Disregarding site rules in some extreme fashion
  • Knowingly spreading misinformation
  • Pushing a competitor's product over a sponsors for no good reason
  • Etc.
I admit that my REPping is not 100% objective. Some days I might notice or be affected by a post more so than on other days. I may... REP someone of low-moderate skill level for something that I would never consider REP someone of high skill level for.

But - again, I try VERY HARD not to let personal likes/dislikes of a poster enter into my consideration. For me it's not a popularity or social tool. I might REP someone that I dislike.

I anti-REP very rarely. The reason for this is that if a post meets my criteria for doing so, I am more likely to reply (in the case of misinformation) or click the icon that will report the post to site staff (in the case of a post that I feel is a detriment to this site). It's been my experience in general that if a person is a "problem poster" that negative feedback, however constructive it may be, often causes more problem posts or can cause the REPper to be drawn into fighting (which is never a good thing).

These are just some of the guidelines that I try to follow when deciding whether or not to REP. Your mileage may - of course - vary.

A few people have been asking for a little more detail on how many reputation points you need to have for each green square....

Reputation.png

Really User? You thought it was a cauliflower? lol That made me laugh. Thanks. I needed that.lol Guess it helps that I use a 42 inch lcd tv/monitor to read and post on. Everything comes up super clear and "BIG".lol This laptop I have now has a HDMI output so I see everything in 1080p.lol

Racefan, if you don't mind me asking do you hook up your laptop to the big-screen just by running the HDMI cable from one to the other is that all there is to make viewing possible on the television or is there something else that needs to be done? :reading420magazine:

Racefan, if you don't mind me asking do you hook up your laptop to the big-screen just by running the HDMI cable from one to the other is that all there is to make viewing possible on the television or is there something else that needs to be done? :reading420magazine:

Nope, but you need a DVI to HDMI cable or adapter if you dont have a HDMI out. adjust your resolution and you should be good.
I used to play WOW on my 50" plasma lol

I had the same question Skunk. Thanks for the info Irie. I will send some rep to the both of you for the help! :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom