Royal Cheese Preparations

ChiDude

I finally took the step and purchased seeds. I think I’m ready to get serious. All previous grows were bag seeds that I grew to learn. I bought a few seeds from Royal Queen Seeds. I’m going with a 3 gallon fabric pot so I can get a decent yield. The strain I be am growing first is feminized Royal Cheese. I’ve always wanted to grow a skunky plant.
My light is a Bloomspect SL600. I have a 1000 but it doesn’t fit in my grow cabinet.
My soil is La Viva living soil as a base, to which I added kelp extract powder, worm castings, and a 1 gallon bag of a compost/bio char/mycorrhizae mix I found and liked.
I will be using distilled water for the entire grow to keep things consistent instead of adjusting ph and dechlorinating tap water.
My feedings will be a rotation of Recharge compost tea, Planet Earth compost concentrate, and just distilled water.
I am confident that I will be able to grow a healthy plant and have a good harvest.
Wish me luck.

IMG_0644.png

IMG_0652.png

IMG_0648.png

IMG_0649.png

IMG_0645.png

IMG_0651.png

IMG_0650.png

IMG_0646.png

IMG_0647.png

Good morning Amigo :ciao:
Nice start.
Hope everything is going well.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

So it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. The Royal Cheese sprouted on the 29th. So far growth is slow going but I’m sure will pick up soon. I created soil from the ingredients pictured in my first post and the lil lady seems happy. It’s been warm in the cabinet (82) but the seed description says it likes warmer temps. The third set of leaves is growing in.
Once the fourth set starts, I’ll top her, and prepare accordingly for a nebula manifold, removing lower than the third set after topping. I had to improvise an exhaust fan, but it’s working well too move air.

IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0681.jpeg

IMG_0682.jpeg

IMG_0683.jpeg

IMG_0684.jpeg

I do like a bit of improvisation - good work 👍
Is the reek not going to be a problem?
Cheese has one of the most pungent, eye-watering stinks on record
Won’t be a problem. By the time she’s flowering, I’ll have something put together lol. I have one part taken care of, just gotta find a suitable second layer for my diy charcoal filter. In like to tinker so I prefer to use my imagination for everything lol.

Won’t be a problem. By the time she’s flowering, I’ll have something put together lol. I have one part taken care of, just gotta find a suitable second layer for my diy charcoal filter. In like to tinker so I prefer to use my imagination for everything lol.
Yeah, all sorts of modular carbon filters available for air purifiers, stove hoods etc - you'll think of something
:passitleft:

I have a question for all my growmies out there! I have my lil lady in a one gallon pot. I want to repot in a 3 gallon. With her being a feminized photo period seed, is there An optimal time to do so? Should I worry about stress or shock? She’s currently starting to grow her fourth set of leaves above the cotyldon so I don’t know if I should let her get bigger first or do it now. Keep in mind, my intention is to top/manifold this particular plant. Thanks in advance for any advice/info.

I have a question for all my growmies out there! I have my lil lady in a one gallon pot. I want to repot in a 3 gallon. With her being a feminized photo period seed, is there An optimal time to do so? Should I worry about stress or shock? She’s currently starting to grow her fourth set of leaves above the cotyldon so I don’t know if I should let her get bigger first or do it now. Keep in mind, my intention is to top/manifold this particular plant. Thanks in advance for any advice/info.
Good morning my friend. :ciao:
I've repotted literally hundreds of girls in veg at every age of growth without issues.
I don't find repotting stressful for my veg girls.
But what I did find was building a root ball before uppotting was more important than the age.
I let them fill the pot before moving up.
Then I sprinkle Dynomyco on the root ball for health.
While it's exposed, this helps quite a bit.
It's all in my Heavens Shores thread, pictorials explaining everything about potting.
Anything I can help with let me know.
Take care.

Bill284 😎

Good morning my friend. :ciao:
I've repotted literally hundreds of girls in veg at every age of growth without issues.
I don't find repotting stressful for my veg girls.
But what I did find was building a root ball before uppotting was more important than the age.
I let them fill the pot before moving up.
Then I sprinkle Dynomyco on the root ball for health.
While it's exposed, this helps quite a bit.
It's all in my Heavens Shores thread, pictorials explaining everything about potting.
Anything I can help with let me know.
Take care.

Bill284 😎
I appreciate the feedback! I’ve never taken the step to repot in a larger vessel so I don’t want to put any unnecessary stress on her. I’ve heard nothing but good about Cheese strains and I want this one to do well.

I appreciate the feedback! I’ve never taken the step to repot in a larger vessel so I don’t want to put any unnecessary stress on her. I’ve heard nothing but good about Cheese strains and I want this one to do well.
Roots are not fragile and can be moved without issues.
Always take the opportunity when you have it.
Mist the root ball with Superthrive or Roots Excelurator Gold and sprinkle on DYNOMYCO.
It's the best thing you can do for the roots.
Did you see my uppot pictorials?
Just my 2 cents. :Namaste:
Hope it goes well.

Bill284 😎

Roots are not fragile and can be moved without issues.
Always take the opportunity when you have it.
Mist the root ball with Superthrive or Roots Excelurator Gold and sprinkle on DYNOMYCO.
It's the best thing you can do for the roots.
Did you see my uppot pictorials?
Just my 2 cents. :Namaste:
Hope it goes well.

Bill284 😎
I up potted her last night. I watered yesterday in the morning, so when I did the transfer, the soil held together with no issues so the roots were never exposed. I don’t have any stand alone mycorrhizae on hand, but my soil mix is 2 gallons living soil and 1 gallon compost/biochar blend that contains mycorrhizae so I have faith that she will recoup well.

I up potted her last night. I watered yesterday in the morning, so when I did the transfer, the soil held together with no issues so the roots were never exposed. I don’t have any stand alone mycorrhizae on hand, but my soil mix is 2 gallons living soil and 1 gallon compost/biochar blend that contains mycorrhizae so I have faith that she will recoup well.
I always used Myco when uppoting because it helps the plant from the shock of the transplant. Personally I wouldn’t uppot without it. Good luck n happy growing. Btw I reside in Chiraq too. lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I always used Myco when uppoting because it helps the plant from the shock of the transplant. Personally I wouldn’t uppot without it. Good luck n happy growing. Btw I reside in Chiraq too. lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
What’s up Captain! We corresponded previously on my last grow! Hope all is well

So this is where I’m at currently. Up potted from 1 gallon to 3. Raised up my light and got a breeze going to keep the air moving. I have a feeling space is going to be an issue since I originally made this cabinet for small one gallon bag seed grows.
Now that I have a few quality seeds I ordered, I think it’s time to make a new cabinet with more room.

IMG_0690.jpeg

IMG_0691.jpeg

IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0693.jpeg

I finally took the step and purchased seeds. I think I’m ready to get serious. All previous grows were bag seeds that I grew to learn. I bought a few seeds from Royal Queen Seeds. I’m going with a 3 gallon fabric pot so I can get a decent yield. The strain I be am growing first is feminized Royal Cheese. I’ve always wanted to grow a skunky plant.
My light is a Bloomspect SL600. I have a 1000 but it doesn’t fit in my grow cabinet.
My soil is La Viva living soil as a base, to which I added kelp extract powder, worm castings, and a 1 gallon bag of a compost/bio char/mycorrhizae mix I found and liked.
I will be using distilled water for the entire grow to keep things consistent instead of adjusting ph and dechlorinating tap water.
My feedings will be a rotation of Recharge compost tea, Planet Earth compost concentrate, and just distilled water.
I am confident that I will be able to grow a healthy plant and have a good harvest.
Wish me luck.

IMG_0644.png

IMG_0652.png

IMG_0648.png

IMG_0649.png

IMG_0645.png

IMG_0651.png

IMG_0650.png

IMG_0646.png

IMG_0647.png
Great choice for breeder i grew their hulkberry which was incredible. I Hope the royal cheese is a fun grow 👍

So the idea that I was a bit tight on space was bothering me. I decided to do something about it. So I put this together today, as well as going back to using my 1000 instead of the 600 I ordered to fit the small space. Live and learn. I have to grab more foil tape to do the doors, and some foam insulation tape to seal cracks. Otherwise I’m pretty happy with it so I have more room to grow

IMG_0695.jpeg

IMG_0694.jpeg

IMG_0696.jpeg

IMG_0697.jpeg

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg

I topped the old gal on Tuesday and stripped the lower vegetation to begin my nebula manifold. She seems to be recovering extremely well between that and the re pot to a 3 gallon fabric pot. The fan leaves have doubled in their little size just since then. My only concern is that the soil seems a little hot. The tips look slightly burnt.

IMG_0706.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

IMG_0708.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom