Royal Cheese Preparations

I’m confident there are more than enough nutrients in the soil. I have been watering roughly every three days or so with rain water I collected from our last storm. I think my problem is the pH. I put my meter to check the water out of curiosity and it was above 7.2 which is a problem. I flushed yesterday with purified water that’s 6.6 out of the jug so I’m hoping that helps
Sounds like you found the culprit. At least one culprit. You solved it quick so hope she respomds quickly and makes full recovery.

Sounds like you found the culprit. At least one culprit. You solved it quick so hope she respomds quickly and makes full recovery.
I hope so. The pot was heavy after being watered two days in a row so I’m going to let it dry out a few days before continuing with bottles of purified water from this point on.

I read that when I first started trying to grow so I just make sure it sits out a few days if I gotta use tap water
I use tap water everyday till runoff and never had issues but whatever works best for you is best for you.Also if you’re using a buffered soil it’s already PH adjusted. CL🍀

I hope so. The pot was heavy after being watered two days in a row so I’m going to let it dry out a few days before continuing with bottles of purified water from this point on.
A plant that small in a pot that size should only be watered a small amount about once a week till it starts to get bigger!
Over watering is your problem if the pot is heavy. Watering it with a different pH will do nothing but make the problem worse as the soil pH is determined by the water saturation point!

A plant that small in a pot that size should only be watered a small amount about once a week till it starts to get bigger!
Over watering is your problem if the pot is heavy. Watering it with a different pH will do nothing but make the problem worse as the soil moisture is determined by the water saturation point!
I have no doubt that you are correct. I’m going to let her dry out and go from there.

I have no doubt that you are correct. I’m going to let her dry out and go from there.
Let her dry until she responds to drought before watering. I mean by that, let her go until she really starts to make upward trajectory with leaves just BEGGING for that light...it is the dry spells in nature that make the roots dive deeper.

Guessing what happened is, too much water drowned fresh "rootlets", coming off the taproot, and therefore, they couldn't survive, while the taproot probably STARTED to die but managed to survive this far with SOME lifeforce left. You will know when roots once more begin to grow when the plant begins to make vertical progress, the stem stops feeling "spongy", and your 'solar panels' (leaves) start really looking to take in more energy...right now, they can't DO anything with ANY amount of energy, so they are not interested in your light.

Let her dry until she responds to drought before watering. I mean by that, let her go until she really starts to make upward trajectory with leaves just BEGGING for that light...it is the dry spells in nature that make the roots dive deeper.

Guessing what happened is, too much water drowned fresh "rootlets", coming off the taproot, and therefore, they couldn't survive, while the taproot probably STARTED to die but managed to survive this far with SOME lifeforce left. You will know when roots once more begin to grow when the plant begins to make vertical progress, the stem stops feeling "spongy", and your 'solar panels' (leaves) start really looking to take in more energy...right now, they can't DO anything with ANY amount of energy, so they are not interested in your light.
I appreciate the advice very much

So she’s still pretty well watered and I doubt I’ll be watering again until around Saturday. I will say, it was most definitely the pH that was killing my plant. I won’t be using rain water anymore. Only the RO/purified jugs. Flushing with good water made a noticeable difference immediately. The burning has all but stopped other than some light damage on the tips of a few leaves. Even the badly burned leaves stopped burning although they will still certainly die.
I got most of the stress on the plant out of the way early. I pinched off the other set of leaves on the 4th node, which will ultimately leave me with 12 colas. The last set that will stay are small but growing out. Then I’ll top the two ends and let her grow a bit more before flipping to 12/12. From what the description says, Royal Cheese flowers fast (7-8 weeks).

IMG_0739.jpeg

IMG_0744.jpeg

IMG_0742.jpeg

IMG_0743.jpeg

IMG_0741.jpeg

IMG_0740.jpeg

I’m at my wits end y’all. She’s still drying out but I noticed an exposed root that I think is the reason for the yellowing. I don’t think I’ll ever get her back to health. I’m failing.

IMG_0756.jpeg

IMG_0757.jpeg

IMG_0758.jpeg

IMG_0759.jpeg
I'm gonna disagree...I think you are seeing the root bc she craves oxygen and that soil is compacted to tightly. AERATE!!! Go ahead...CAREFULLY with your fingers brush away dirt and/or scoop her up from well underneath, and get her into suitable substrate ASAP. Buy some coir, its like $8 a brick, and don't pack it tightly, just let it fall loosely into the grow bag. That soil looks super compact. If she still isn't improving you have nothing to lose, and either way something is a problem in that dirt...whether pH, nute lockout, compaction/reduced oxygen to the roots, or overwatering and not good enough drainage...do you have drainage holes in that grow bag?

I'm gonna disagree...I think you are seeing the root bc she craves oxygen and that soil is compacted to tightly. AERATE!!! Go ahead...CAREFULLY with your fingers brush away dirt and/or scoop her up from well underneath, and get her into suitable substrate ASAP. Buy some coir, its like $8 a brick, and don't pack it tightly, just let it fall loosely into the grow bag. That soil looks super compact.
I’m going to do that as soon as I get home from work

I'm gonna disagree...I think you are seeing the root bc she craves oxygen and that soil is compacted to tightly. AERATE!!! Go ahead...CAREFULLY with your fingers brush away dirt and/or scoop her up from well underneath, and get her into suitable substrate ASAP. Buy some coir, its like $8 a brick, and don't pack it tightly, just let it fall loosely into the grow bag. That soil looks super compact.

I’m going to do that as soon as I get home from work
Yeah you aren't out nothing and, whatever is the issue -- pH, nute lockout or root water/air issues -- it starts and ends in that soil.

This past Thursday, I went ahead and attempted to repot. I have to work with the soil I have for the time being, so I got well under the roots after carefully digging around the edge of the pot and loosening up the dirt, scooping it out, and repeating until I was able to get under the ball. Got her out, bagged the rootball for a minute while I refilled the pot. I had overwatered at some point and she never really got dry and compacted just like was suggested.
Fresh soil and a light watering for the roots. It’s been a few days and there’s still some yellowing. Hoping it clears up and she gets green. I finally got it to the exact structure I was trying to do.

IMG_0785.jpeg

IMG_0784.jpeg

IMG_0780.jpeg

IMG_0779.jpeg

IMG_0773.jpeg

So far so good on recovery. I’m regaining hope lol. I continued with a little more LST to get more light to her guts. I’m happy with the way training is going so far tho. This is precisely what I was aiming for.
Provided I don’t have anymore issues, I’ll probably veg another few weeks, changing my light schedule from 18/6 to 16/8. Then when I feel like she will be comfy in the cabinet after a stretch, I’ll flip to 12/12.

IMG_0798.jpeg

IMG_0799.jpeg

IMG_0800.jpeg

IMG_0801.jpeg

Here's a pic from the Problem solver. Mag def section
1691675428468.png

Does it look close to your issue? If so maybe try hitting it one more time with epsom salts at a half tbsp/gal mixed in water and drenched to runoff once. Wait two days and see if there's a new plant.
That’s nearly identical in appearance. I’m going to give the Epsom salts a try. I didn’t before.

Back
Top Bottom