Royal Cheese Preparations

Here's a pic from the Problem solver. Mag def section
1691675428468.png

Does it look close to your issue? If so maybe try hitting it one more time with epsom salts at a half tbsp/gal mixed in water and drenched to runoff once. Wait two days and see if there's a new plant.
I took your advice and definitely noticed a difference. Much greener and definitely all around healthier looking. My question is, do I continue to add Epsom salt to my watering bottle, or is there a better solution? I have a small bottle of cal mag if that would be more beneficial.

It’s been a while since I’ve done an update on my Royal Cheese grow. Things were not going well for a little while and the culprit was my negligence and lack of understanding of living soil. I had convinced myself that the soil was enough and I didn’t need to feed other than water. I was very wrong.
The advice I’ve gotten from you all has helped me tremendously. I gave Epsom salts and it made an immediate difference. So I wised up and began using nutrients. Some people don’t like Fox Farms and I have read a lot of negative reviews about it. I have the trio but both plants I used them on in the past turned out to me males (bag seeds). So I’ve had them for a while just sitting there. I figured I might as well use them. I’m using half of the recommended amount from their feeding chart with RO water and so far so good I’d say.
I flipped to flower when I noticed her recovering. She’s about done stretching and I’m extremely surprised at the skunky, funky aroma that the pre flowers already have. I’m looking forward to seeing how well a plant that I almost gave up on ends up looking.

IMG_0836.jpeg

IMG_0838.jpeg

IMG_0839.jpeg

IMG_0841.jpeg

IMG_0840.jpeg

I’m finding it hard to believe that this is the same plant from a week ago. Once I realized my ignorance and started a feeding routine she has transformed into a different plant. The stretch is finished and I removed the lower leaves that were damaged from the magnesium deficiency. I ended up with 8 colas so I’m hoping they fill out nicely as long as I maintain my watering schedule.

IMG_0848.jpeg

IMG_0849.jpeg

IMG_0850.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

IMG_0852.jpeg

Don't her plants look much better than yours! 🤣
It must be a sad existence when the 420 grow journal website is where you go to be a dickhead. I’m sure there’s a gas station somewhere by you that you can stand in front of to do that. Some of us do this for fun and really aren’t that worried about a mistake or two in the learning process.

Second week of flower seems to be going well. The strain description said it was a fast flowing variety and they are not wrong. She seems relatively healthy thus far, just a little burning on the tips. Definitely a thirsty girl. I’ve been watering to slight runoff about every 3-4 days and by the time watering day comes, she definitely needs it. Not bone dry, but in need of a feeding for sure. I watered today so probably Saturday next time. After that one I’ll do a flush with distilled water/Calmag the following time. Nothing huge, but it seems to be growing well.

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_0892.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

:woohoo: I'm so glad it worked out for you! I'm sorry to be so late getting back! That dose of mag in epsom form can last for quite a while. Watch your leaves for the light streaks and if they come back you can give it another dose. In soil in a pot this is how I do it. Looking great here!
I use calmag in every watering from now on. The Epsom salt advice helped me tremendously man I greatly appreciate the suggestion. It’s been going well since identifying the problem. I now feed with the Fox Farm trio although at half strength and only using distilled water. I can’t believe it’s the same plant from 2 weeks ago even still.

Did some defoliation today. I may have over done it I’m not sure honestly. I watered and fed the other day but she still seemed light compared to usual post water weight. Let her alone overnight but she still seemed under watered, as she was very ready for water yesterday. I usually use 1/2 gallon and mix in my nutrient mix. So to avoid root issues from dry spots, I watered another 1/2 gallon with just calmag so as not to burn her.
She’s growing well tho. I tried to defoliate the center so everyone gets light. All in all doing well.

IMG_0913.jpeg

IMG_0914.jpeg

IMG_0915.jpeg

IMG_0916.jpeg

IMG_0917.jpeg

Quick update for the journal. Day one of week 4. Defoliated a little. Only what I felt necessary. Starting to get baby frost. A few white hairs turning orange but literally only a handful. Slightly toasty on the leaves so I may just do straight distilled water next feeding. Filling out slowly but surely.

IMG_0954.jpeg

IMG_0955.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg

Did some defoliation today. I may have over done it I’m not sure honestly. I watered and fed the other day but she still seemed light compared to usual post water weight. Let her alone overnight but she still seemed under watered, as she was very ready for water yesterday. I usually use 1/2 gallon and mix in my nutrient mix. So to avoid root issues from dry spots, I watered another 1/2 gallon with just calmag so as not to burn her.
She’s growing well tho. I tried to defoliate the center so everyone gets light. All in all doing well.

IMG_0913.jpeg

IMG_0914.jpeg

IMG_0915.jpeg

IMG_0916.jpeg

IMG_0917.jpeg
I see solid bud sticks in your future Chi!

She’s finally putting on some weight. I’m happy with the way things are going. The other day she was very ready for water and I intended on flushing, which I did, but ended up having to use tap water. I let her dry out until today when I was able to get some purified gallons and I fed with my usual Fox Farm trio and calmag. Getting some hairs starting to change color. She was advertised as a fast flowering variety and that is no lie. Week 4 currently. Royal Queen website says 6-8 weeks to complete. So I’m gonna keep it rolling and the last week I’ll only feed distilled or purified water.

IMG_0960.jpeg

IMG_0961.jpeg

IMG_0962.jpeg

IMG_0963.jpeg

IMG_0964.jpeg

IMG_0965.jpeg

IMG_0966.jpeg

IMG_0967.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom