Royal Cheese Preparations

You can stop feed if you want Chi. I wouldn't. There's some real bulking up that can happen in that week and feeding through would be my choice to get the most out of the plant. There's an old thought that taste is improved if we water only then but that's been proven to be less than worth it! Check this out if you want to read more on it.

You can stop feed if you want Chi. I wouldn't. There's some real bulking up that can happen in that week and feeding through would be my choice to get the most out of the plant. There's an old thought that taste is improved if we water only then but that's been proven to be less than worth it! Check this out if you want to read more on it.
I appreciate the advice! I don’t mind feeding thru. I just wasn’t sure if the whole salt based nutrient thing was really a thing as far as affecting flavor or harshness. I’ll keep the same feeding schedule till she’s done then.

I appreciate the advice! I don’t mind feeding thru. I just wasn’t sure if the whole salt based nutrient thing was really a thing as far as affecting flavor or harshness. I’ll keep the same feeding schedule till she’s done then.
I'm glad to hear! Flushing as you did is still a good idea for salts removal and then a full feed is recommended at that time.

I'm glad to hear! Flushing as you did is still a good idea for salts removal and then a full feed is recommended at that time.
I have some water soluble kelp powder. Sea-K to be specific. Would this be of any benefit to my flowers if I added it to my usual Fox Farm and Calmag?

I have some water soluble kelp powder. Sea-K to be specific. Would this be of any benefit to my flowers if I added it to my usual Fox Farm and Calmag?
If you're still growing like page one says then sure! Kelp has tons of bennies! Do a web search to see. I couldn't leave a link but there's plenty of material to read. I've used it that way and do on occasion. They'll love it!

I fed her this morning and I noticed some of the leaves cupping a bit. Does anyone know what might be doing this? I know she’s a tad nutrient burnt. Could this be what’s going on? Last day of week 4.

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg

Saturday will be the beginning of week 6. She’s putting on weight and starting to get more orange pistils every day. Trichomes are still kinda clear on the flowers but lots of dark amber on the leaf material. Hoping she will be getting thicker these next couple of weeks. She’s got some funky smell, but nowhere near what was reported in the strain description. Hopefully that increases as she matures. I snipped the tips on most of the leaves simply to let more light get to the center and lower flowers. Going well.

IMG_1004.jpeg

IMG_1005.jpeg

IMG_1006.jpeg

IMG_1007.jpeg

IMG_1008.jpeg

IMG_1009.jpeg

IMG_0986.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

IMG_0988.jpeg

IMG_0987.jpeg

With harvest coming up in a couple weeks, I decided to give the Grove Bags I’ve heard so much about a try. I found this sampler pack at what I thought was a decent price. I don’t I’ll fill them all with just one plant but I figured it was the best bang for my Buck. Anyone used them before? Any input appreciated

IMG_1012.png

Coming along nicely! At this point, I’m feeding around every 3 days. I started last week with a bit different feeding habit.
I stopped using the Fox Farm Grow Big to lower the amount of nitrogen going in. I’m still using Fox Farm Big Bloom at 1tsp per gallon and Tiger Bloom at 1.5. I have also been adding 1 tsp of Sea-K Kelp powder, as well as 1 tsp of unsulphured blackstrap molasses. She has been fattening up considerably over the last two weeks. Lots of dark amber on the sugar leaves but still less than cloudy on the buds so about another week maybe 2.

IMG_1017.jpeg

IMG_1018.jpeg

IMG_1019.jpeg

IMG_1020.jpeg

IMG_1021.jpeg

IMG_1022.jpeg

IMG_1023.jpeg

Coming along nicely! At this point, I’m feeding around every 3 days. I started last week with a bit different feeding habit.
I stopped using the Fox Farm Grow Big to lower the amount of nitrogen going in. I’m still using Fox Farm Big Bloom at 1tsp per gallon and Tiger Bloom at 1.5. I have also been adding 1 tsp of Sea-K Kelp powder, as well as 1 tsp of unsulphured blackstrap molasses. She has been fattening up considerably over the last two weeks. Lots of dark amber on the sugar leaves but still less than cloudy on the buds so about another week maybe 2.

IMG_1017.jpeg

IMG_1018.jpeg

IMG_1019.jpeg

IMG_1020.jpeg

IMG_1021.jpeg

IMG_1022.jpeg

IMG_1023.jpeg
Garden looks Amazing my friend. :bravo:
I'd say you have a bit of time left though. :Namaste:
White pistils tells me she is still flowering and building for you.
2 weeks minimum. :thumb:
Keep up the good work.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

So I’m getting close to harvest time. I was wondering, I’m aware that I should let the pot dry out before I chop to shorten dry time a bit, but is there any truth or benefit to 48 hours of darkness before chop? I’ve read that in several different journals and I’m just curious as to why or if it’s even a real thing or just “bro science”

A little sun bath this afternoon for a few hours. Day 1 of week 7. She’s getting close and my grove bags should be here Monday, so I’m looking forward to my first REAL harvest. Every other grow either turned out to be male or had to be cut before it was ready. They were all bag seeds as well. So to finally know my way around a grow with great help from everyone here and a handful of good quality seeds feels good. I’ll be chopping next week Saturday no matter what due to a time limit that was unexpected. She should be good by then. Getting cloudy trichomes on the tops and a few speckles of amber. Right at the sweet spot a week from now.

IMG_1027.jpeg

Hey Chi, stress in the end makes trichomes more and maybe different. Some of us have studied a Caplan work on Droughting and feel it does work. I include myself with them. Some use the 48 hour darkness to achieve the same. They see results too. So it's a real thing we see. Maritimer worked a lot on droughting if you want to read on it. Darkness is a stress I think.

Hey Chi, stress in the end makes trichomes more and maybe different. Some of us have studied a Caplan work on Droughting and feel it does work. I include myself with them. Some use the 48 hour darkness to achieve the same. They see results too. So it's a real thing we see. Maritimer worked a lot on droughting if you want to read on it. Darkness is a stress I think.
My current issue is that I can’t get what will be my dry cabinet below 70 degrees. Humidity is spot on at 60-65. Not sure if this temp difference is significant

So I chopped on my birthday Tuesday the 3rd. Been letting it dry out after trimming off the stems. Ordered Grove Bags on the 24th of September and they still aren’t here. Hoping it doesn’t get too dry and hopefully they show up tomorrow. We’re supposed to be here Thursday at the latest and I don’t want to use a jar if there is too much moisture left. So I’ll wait for the grove bags and hope for the best

Back
Top Bottom