Royal Cheese Preparations

So the idea that I was a bit tight on space was bothering me. I decided to do something about it. So I put this together today, as well as going back to using my 1000 instead of the 600 I ordered to fit the small space. Live and learn. I have to grab more foil tape to do the doors, and some foam insulation tape to seal cracks. Otherwise I’m pretty happy with it so I have more room to grow

IMG_0695.jpeg

IMG_0694.jpeg

IMG_0696.jpeg

IMG_0697.jpeg

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg
What a great little cupboard..wicked idea cobber

I’ve been using rain water that I collected and filtered thru cheese cloth to get rid of any debris. We don’t have any significant rain in the forecast and I was only able to collect a gallon or two. Is distilled Water ok to use with living soil?
Why wouldn't it be?

Just asking.
A vitamin c tab removes chloramine from your tap water in an emergency.
Just 2 cents. :Namaste:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

A vitamin c tab removes chloramine from your tap water in an emergency.
Just 2 cents. :Namaste:

Bill284 😎
That’s a much appreciated bit of info I wasn’t aware of before. Especially with Chicago tap water! 😝

That’s a much appreciated bit of info I wasn’t aware of before. Especially with Chicago tap water! 😝
I'm lucky, I'm right on a river with great water.
Tap water is expensive this far north, seriously expensive.
Living soil it's important to keep everything alive.
One more trick for your operation. :thumb:
Take care my friend.

Bill284 😎

I realized that it’s been a bit since I’ve posted any updates. I topped her and she’s growing well. I’ma little concerned my soil is going to burn her tho. Waiting for the arms to grow out more before I remove every other node to create the manifold. Hoping for some rain soon so I can refill my watering jug, but until then I’ll use dechlorinated water that has sat with an air stone in it after the chlorine bubbles stop forming. Then I use aquarium pH down and a pH meter to get it where it needs to be until the next rain or until I get to the store for a few gallons of distilled water.

IMG_0714.jpeg

IMG_0715.jpeg

IMG_0716.jpeg

IMG_0717.jpeg

Made a few adjustments today. I raised the light up a few inches. I also started LST. Finally got a roll of foil tape to finish getting my cabinet light tight. Also got some foam weather stripping for the doors to seal in front. Overall happy with it and I think raising the light will help with the burning on the edges.

IMG_0726.jpeg

IMG_0727.jpeg

IMG_0728.jpeg

IMG_0729.jpeg

IMG_0730.jpeg

It resembles a magnesium def from here Chi, with the leaves going light green between the veins. When I treat for that I use Epsom salts at a tbsp top dressed and watered into a 10 gallon pot. Half that for a 5 gallon pot etc. What do you think? There's a problem solver link in my siggy below if you'd like to see some examples and other cures.
How are you feeding her again? And what's the soil?

It resembles a magnesium def from here Chi, with the leaves going light green between the veins. When I treat for that I use Epsom salts at a tbsp top dressed and watered into a 10 gallon pot. Half that for a 5 gallon pot etc. What do you think? There's a problem solver link in my siggy below if you'd like to see some examples and other cures.
How are you feeding her again? And what's the soil?
She’s in a 3 gallon fabric pot. Up to this point, I’ve only been watering with rain water. My soil mix is the very first post I put up when I started this journal. I’m thinking it’s a little strong from the gallon bag of compost/biochar/mycorrhizae I added to the 2 gallon of prepackaged living soil, with a bag of worm castings and some kelp extract powder. I just don’t understand why they keep burning.

My apologies for being late.
I see you have an issue.
First don't remove any more leaves.
Let her recover before you do anything else to her.
I'm not familiar with your setup. :Namaste:
I assume that's soil in the pot?
What kind of soil is it?
Did you add anything?
What are you feeding and how often?
Hope you are doing well my friend.
Talk soon.

Bill284 😎

She’s in a 3 gallon fabric pot. Up to this point, I’ve only been watering with rain water. My soil mix is the very first post I put up when I started this journal. I’m thinking it’s a little strong from the gallon bag of compost/biochar/mycorrhizae I added to the 2 gallon of prepackaged living soil, with a bag of worm castings and some kelp extract powder. I just don’t understand why they keep burning.
A plant as small as yours will have more than enough nutrients in the soil you have to feed it for at least the first 4 to 6 weeks of life.
Your plant will most likely have soil that is to moist and its either thrown the pH out of the soil is so wet the roots have problems and cannot uptake any of the nutes in the soil!
How often and how much are you watering such a small plant in a big pot?
How heavy is the pot?

Feed CalMag and check your pH. I think she is stunted at the moment til you clear this issue up. Maybe even a molybdinum deficiency. I generally avoid actual soils these days, opting for coco, sphag, and perlite, because it holds pH better when using pH perfect nutes, where soil sometimes will fluctuate still.

You will also run into an issue if it gets rootbound later. It is a cutting it looks like, so I wonder how long did you let it root for before transplanting? I notice alot of my cuttings that I don't use a humidity dome for when I start them end up with deficiencies and look like this, because they never develop the rootmass required without the high humidity...next thing you know it is still standing and not quite "dead" but unable to live.

Feed CalMag and check your pH. I think she is stunted at the moment til you clear this issue up. Maybe even a molybdinum deficiency. I generally avoid actual soils these days, opting for coco, sphag, and perlite, because it holds pH better when using pH perfect nutes, where soil sometimes will fluctuate still.

You will also run into an issue if it gets rootbound later. It is a cutting it looks like, so I wonder how long did you let it root for before transplanting? I notice alot of my cuttings that I don't use a humidity dome for when I start them end up with deficiencies and look like this, because they never develop the rootmass required without the high humidity...next thing you know it is still standing and not quite "dead" but unable to live.
It is from seed. Feminized photo period. I topped it early and let each side grow out 4 nodes before removing the third on each to create a manifold. She’s definitely stunted, which I expect, but the burning has been happening since day 1.

A plant as small as yours will have more than enough nutrients in the soil you have to feed it for at least the first 4 to 6 weeks of life.
Your plant will most likely have soil that is to moist and its either thrown the pH out of the soil is so wet the roots have problems and cannot uptake any of the nutes in the soil!
How often and how much are you watering such a small plant in a big pot?
How heavy is the pot?
I’m confident there are more than enough nutrients in the soil. I have been watering roughly every three days or so with rain water I collected from our last storm. I think my problem is the pH. I put my meter to check the water out of curiosity and it was above 7.2 which is a problem. I flushed yesterday with purified water that’s 6.6 out of the jug so I’m hoping that helps

Back
Top Bottom