Save The Cheese & Loopy Lou The Strawberry Blue Mainline

ok from the clone of the strawberry blue i topped it a couple of weeks back , so today i wanted to top it below where i topped it , if that makes sense ,i am mainlining it also , not sure if the clone will take , just wondering medfarmer can i now main line this clone , i know it will take a while to start rooting / veging , but its wont be a big amount behind the other ,

P1070793.JPG
P1070792.JPG

this is the topped top ?

P1070791.JPG

You've already started mate :thumb:

Thought that was scrog or lst. Does that do anything to outdoor plants or would it not make a difference seen as the whole plant gets penetrated with light all day long? I had planned to build a trellis for my outdoor plants but time restrictions and those damn slugs paid a goodbye to that idea. Was going to try train my plants to grow more horizontal so rather than having a 6' tall tree i would have a 6' long tree running along the ground with most of the budding sites getting more light and the colas growing more evenly. Only bad thing we got this way this year is lack of sunlight. Had plenty of rain, possibly even too much but they are still making progress according to my pal who has been looking after them when he can while i recover from an op. With any luck i will get out tomorrow and update my grow journal with pics. I think with them due to start flowering in the next 4 weeks it would be rather pointless to try and do any training with them.

The main idea behind Main-Lining is to achieve even distribution of plant juices across all sites. That's why the plant is split into 2 each time and both sides should be pretty equal. The idea is that the juices take the same length of flow to reach each cola regardless of where it is.

Scrog grows do not allow for even distribution of juices by having end bud sites a lot further away from the closest bud sites.

would you say the quality is more evenly distributed because of getting this advantage? or maybe even improved quality? and would you say yield either increased/decreased due to mainlining?

nice im going to have to give it a try with one of my plants :volcano-smiley:

ok ok i just could not help my self , the new 1200 watt arrived , i looked at the box , looked again , opened the box , looked at it , then i said feck it im going to switch 12/12 today lol ... i have my son down this weekend so at least ive rooms swapped over and clocks/timers set

P10708481.JPG
P10708491.JPG
P10708501.JPG
P10708511.JPG
P1070852.JPG
P1070857.JPG
P1070856.JPG
P1070856.JPG
P1070855.JPG
P1070853.JPG
P1070854.JPG

that light look sexy in your room professor :circle-of-love: and i always find a reason to flip my ladys as fast as i can haha i just love watching the ladys grow!

Congratulations on that new light! How awesome is that? Expectations just went higher, but no pressure. :)

Back
Top Bottom