SBG's First Grow Cabinet Under CFLs (Wish Me Luck)

Yeah after adding the bigger CFM fan I notices the dropped. With the smelling it's really minimum it's not skunky up the hold house or the room, just a lite breeze near the armoire. remember that I have a ONA block inside the flowering chamber this also help absorber the odor.

Well today we will see how temps go did some rerouting of exhaust away from box and see if that helps.

a couple of pix I would like some opinions because I would like to head off on trouble before it gets out of hand.

the first one here has a very dark leafs and looks dull.
IMGP2202.jpg

The second one is starting to show a little problem on the lower leafs only but still growing nicely.
IMGP2201.jpg

Are the leaves that are dark green in that first picture thicker then normal?

Are the leaves that are dark green in that first picture thicker then normal?

They do seem a little thicker then all the other leaves on the same batch of clones.

Just a wondering if anybody has used coffee grounds to lower the PH facter of the soil. i was thinking of trying a small amount on the top of the soil before I water. Any thoughts? My Dad use to use them all the time in his veggy patch and he was a man with two green thumbs.

It works just dont use to much grinds as it is high in nitrogen as well as it will change the ph fast.

Thanks SmokerJoe it's nice to know your looking over my shoulder, so to speak. Like your life stories some times humorous some times eye opening. Thanks for those too.

last update for the day. I think I might have the heat thingy under control it's 7pm and neither chamber hit 28c/82f. No carbon filter on, but I guess I'll worry about that as I get closer to that time.

What kind of light/dark times do you all put your plants under for Vegging? I hear all sorts of things pro and con, they need rest so 18/6 and then someone else says 20/4 is just fine for them, I have mine under 20/4.

last update for the day. I think I might have the heat thingy under control it's 7pm and neither chamber hit 28c/82f. No carbon filter on, but I guess I'll worry about that as I get closer to that time.

What kind of light/dark times do you all put your plants under for Vegging? I hear all sorts of things pro and con, they need rest so 18/6 and then someone else says 20/4 is just fine for them, I have mine under 20/4.

Nice on the temperature. no lights leaks?

I do 18/6. I thought about 20/4, but to keep lighting for this extra long periods mean that the plants are in a optimal environment and since I veg in temperatures higher than ideal I can't run this technique.

I seem to have the similar issues with the green thick leaves and they feel like sand paper when rubbing on the top of them.

Its the leaves reaction to being oversaturated with water. Its a dark green almost blue color. Dont water them for a few days and the condition will go away in future growth.

Me thinks both chambers are looking good for now. Going away for a short visit up island and have a friend coming in every day to look after everybody. I have tried to make it as simple as possible. Fingers crossed. Everything will be fine, right?

Yeah it wont kill the plant unless it gets watered more before the condition regulates itself. No action needed to be taken

Good luck on your travel. I would leave the water already ph regulated for your friend.

Good luck on your travel. I would leave the water already ph regulated for your friend.

thanks for that. I placed a depth marker for the moisture meter and put a mark on the scale that I go by and told him to just water until it just comes out the bottom. Seems to be about every three days in there.

Best to let it dry out before the next watering or you will come back to dead or unsalvagably dieing plants

Ok I want a few opinions I was thinking of getting a LED for the top chamber but my concern is that I don't have enough height in the top chamber.

height of top chamber 40" and 7" pots

and this is the light I was thinking of getting.
reflector led grow light 96x3w

any thoughts? All comments are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom