Pstarsr - 2016 - 3rd Round LED Cabinet Grow

Photos for fun
image16944.jpeg
image16945.jpeg
image16946.jpeg

Sorry for the mix up! How many watts are your LEDs?

No worries just want to give credit where credit is due, he bit the bullet and made the sunroof.

The LEDs are listed as 50w, but provide ~80watt. Per description. X2
The strip led is listed as 55watt equivilant

Ending week 5 flower.

Our girls seem to be developing in parallel.

Some light spotting on some leaves, looks like cal/mag deficiency. Added a pinch more to this feed.

Base nutrient levels seem to be fine once the plants adapted to the bloom mix from the veg mix... But the levels of additional Cal/Mag I've been needing to keep my spotting at bay, has been double that which was prescribed by the Mfg. (NPK Raw Flower plus 2xCal/Mag)

Our girls seem to be developing in parallel.

Base nutrient levels seem to be fine once the plants adapted to the bloom mix from the veg mix... But the levels of additional Cal/Mag I've been needing to keep my spotting at bay, has been double that which was prescribed by the Mfg. (NPK Raw Flower plus 2xCal/Mag)

I always filled the measure cup with a mound. I've heard it's hard to over due cal/mag, it can happen. But most if the time the plant uses it.

I'm not sure if this soil was up to the task, so I'm kinda adjusting as I go.

What's your ph? Mines roughly 6.5, I read that closer to 7 is better for uptake of cal/mag

And thanks pino, getting closer to the happy day

What's your ph? Mines roughly 6.5, I read that closer to 7 is better for uptake of cal/mag

I have no clue. I keep meaning to pick up a Ph test kit from the pet store.

Unfortunately the ground-water is very "hard" and I definately don't want to use any that's been through the softener, for fear of salt build-up.

I'm running on (R/O & UV treated) bottled drinking water @ $0.89/Gal. from WalMart.
Even @ 2 Gal per week, it's only going to cost an additional $24.00 for the grow, a small price to pay.

I have no clue. I keep meaning to pick up a Ph test kit from the pet store.

Unfortunately the ground-water is very "hard" and I definately don't want to use any that's been through the softener, for fear of salt build-up.

I'm running on (R/O & UV treated) bottled drinking water @ $0.89/Gal. from WalMart.
Even @ 2 Gal per week, it's only going to cost an additional $24.00 for the grow, a small price to pay.
May be worth investing in a small water filter for drinking? I spent $40 on one years ago, I put the water in the first part and it slowly drips throughout the days into the second through multiple filters. You can literally see the difference in water afterwards (where I am our water has alot of chlorine, Floride ect)

Jimdogggy

How did you spot your cal/mag deficiency? Like did the leaves curl or start yellowing or? Just for future reference :)

Jimdogggy

Wellllllll I didn't take pics before, but the spots are still there. They won't heal. So this is still end of week 5, some updated pics and close ups of what I beleive is cal/mag deficiency. ( 2 pics at the end ) it's not major but it's on a few leaves and was not stopping so I added a pinch more cal/ mag. My phone smells like skunk know from shoving it into the canopy to get pictures. :thumb:

image17144.jpeg
image17145.jpeg
image17146.jpeg

Pics of spots
image17147.jpeg
image17148.jpeg

Ok start of week 6 flower pics. Still seeing some yellowing and spotting on those leafs but I just fed it nutes again so maybe it's sorted.

Buds are packing on weight, each day I see more polyps. There are decent buds growing under the canopy also. Although small, but developing well

image17206.jpeg
image17207.jpeg
image17208.jpeg
image17209.jpeg

Are you misting with anything, water/foliar feed? Kinda looks like the spots I got when the one time I sprayed, the wet drops concentrated the light and scorched the leaves... kinda like when I used to burn ants with a magnifying glass :)

I don't mist during flower, don't want wet buds. I'm tapering off nutes now so I think it's normal, as the plant will use the bigger leafs for nutes. I touched it today, it's dry and brittle like just sucked dry of everything. Like stepping on a fall leaf.

End of week 7 flower, took her out for a photo shoot.

Buds are dense, and still slightly filling in. Not growing "mass" very quickly but are building weight and filling out the branches. So sparkly! Now that most trichomes are cloudy, the buds look frosty. About 2% Amber so far. Electricity bill was ~$50 for the month( was ~$30 before grow ). With a/c for personal use a few days. So the power consumption on this grow was very low!

Seed? In the last pic? Hmm not sure, but maybe she is hermie on one flower? I'm gona keep an eye on that. Syillia come out of seeds?

Before harvest estimate, 9 mature colas, two smaller colas. Some under canopy growth.

image17596.jpeg
image17597.jpeg
image17598.jpeg
image17599.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom