SBG's First Grow Cabinet Under CFLs (Wish Me Luck)

No it isnt worth it. There isnt enough clearance as the plants need to be a distance from the plants and not right on them so there wont be room for the led and plants under it. In a grow such as you have its better to go with cfl and regular florescent lights. cfl prefferred due to space constraints.

I have I LED on my flw chamber and don't seem to have a problem and I'm @ 40" too. SJ can you elaborate on this a bit more.

Sure will. A typical led panel isnt all to thick but if you have a small space such as 40 inches assuming no shelving to divide that space further you still have to keep the led light at least 10 inches away from the plants or you will be burning the hell out of your tops. Assuming your container is small that still takes up room. I assume you to have some sort of veg time which will give the plant some height and it will double or triple in height in flower. So you can but you would have to flower pretty much once it breaks the dirt to have the room and not have your plant burnt and lose that thc which you are searching for. It would also depend on how wide the cabinet is and if you grow from clone only and training practices but with the led panel Id not flower the plant then if it was any taller then about 6-10 inches at most.

Scotty the light in your link says 12-36 above plant canopy and this is why I say its just not practical if you only have 40 inch of clearance.

Anyways, you are your own person. Im just giving suggestion based on my experience. If I dont know im not afraid to say that I dont know. Its your money and your plants. You are already getting big plants outside. So do I misunderstand the situation? Are you vegging indoors and then flowering outdoors or are they separate grows independent from each other? I help a lot of people so if this was already stated I apologize. I try to help many people at once and the price of doing that is I dont remember every detail of everyones grow and I am still always learning myself to strive to be better constantly.

scotty just curious what times do your run your lights ? i run mine at night from 9pm to 3pm to try to avoid having lights on during the hottest times of the day that helped keep my temps down before i routed some duct into my attic space

Thanks SJ. I veg mines up to 13-14" on a separate chamber (this is the highest I can grow in this space) after a have room for them in the flw chamber I bring them down (here I have the LED and cfl) and grow them up to 20" I keep the LST until week 3. recently I started to play a grow one of my ladies in a 2 gallon and this one is@ 24" in week 2, she pretty close to the LED but I haven't seen any burn. Are LEDS burns different to CFL's burns and I'm just not noticing.

The led burn is different then cfl. With cfl the plant can pretty much touch the bulb for awhile without burn but ideally you want all growth to be within a inch of light with cfl to promote good growth now if that is practical is a different matter. The growth will learn to grow around the light so it doesnt get burnt after it initially touches the light.

With led you wont notice burning even if the plant is right on it but when a cola is to close to it the cola will turn brown and lose its thc content. So thats why there are recommended distances because the closer the light to the plant then the less coverage it will give off but the more concentrated it will be. You want 3 watt diodes at a minimum 5 watt is ideal depending on the light penetration you seek. Red and infared for flower with some white blue violet and white for veg.

scotty just curious what times do your run your lights ? i run mine at night from 9pm to 3pm to try to avoid having lights on during the hottest times of the day that helped keep my temps down before i routed some duct into my attic space

Just got back from texada island.
I am now running 18/6 and gave myself head slap, used your suggestion of running at night to help the temps. All the girls seem to be fine. It's amazing how much they grow in 3 days when your not looking at them everyday. I'll load up some new pix later in a few days. We came home to a visit by relatives for the long weekend. There seems to be no rest for the wicked.
Enjoy the long weekend if your north of the 49th.

Ok might be time for some light nutes to help the girls along anyone have some fav's they'd like to share some info with me. Also who's got some thoughts on Molasses as a soil supplement. The outdoor girls just get the same as the veggies get and the odd bit of urine (mine) added to the mix has always worked well in the past so not going to change anything out there. But indoors it seems to be a little fussier?

I don't have favorite brands for nutes, but I definitely like using 3 part nutes. They can be mixed in varying strengths of each to give the plant more/less nutes of each type depending on what it needs more/less of during the stage of growth it's in.

I read about urine, but can't bring myself to pee in my plants lol.

And I've read good things about molasses, so I'm trying it myself now. 1 tablespoon per gallon, and up to 2 tbsp per gallon. Unsulfured only.

I'm currently using earth juice product line (growing organic). ok molasses are the shit you need to have it incorporate into your regimen same goes for fish kelp it brings the DANK!, Bat Guano it brings out the flavor of the genetic.
something that I started to use from week 2 through 6 of flw is "Mendocino Avalanche" and I can see a big difference from the one I didn't used it on. mycorrhizae is are a must for this I use "Recharge".

If you have any time check out the "dudegrows" show on YouTube.

[video=youtube;kp_5J-aPbBQ]
[/video]

Watch these 2 or at least the first 1. Moderator ricorico links to them in his blog through a forum on the bacteria.

Well it's time for a little photo update from the Cabinet.

upper chamber.
IMGP2203.jpg

Lower Chamber
IMGP22041.jpg

Close up of the upper chamber family
IMGP2205.jpg

I think everyone is looking very happy and content.
I am trying to keep the big fan leafs off so they don't block off to much light, they have all had a light feeding of 4-3-3 organic and a bit of molasses water as well. have cut back on the watering (thanks SJ) and that made a diff. changed lights on to the night sched (thanks Gut).
temps are maxing out at 27.5c and dipping down to about 22.3. I think I will look into adding some mycorrhizal fungi to the soil thanks for that SJ did some more research into that found a organic gardener in town that has product to sell. Very interesting.

thanks to all for the help and tips, they all add up to a Cabinet that seems to be working so far.

Looking good. so do you have both chambers in vegetative cycle or one is at 12/12. on the mycorrhizae check out realgrowers.com I believe that they have the best mycorrhizae for our plants.

Keep the fan leaves heres what to do. Take the stem of the fan leaf and push it flat against the main stem vertically and then secure it to the stem. This way the fan leaf still contributes to the plants growth and is also out of the way. If you do a experiment where you keep a fan leaf on 1 side and not the other the side with the fan leaf will always grow faster.

Looking good. so do you have both chambers in vegetative cycle or one is at 12/12. on the mycorrhizae check out realgrowers.com I believe that they have the best mycorrhizae for our plants.

both chambers at the moment are in Veg cycle 18/6, will wait till it's time to do flowering cycle then everyone will move upstairs. I have a friend who is about to take clones off of all his plants and offered me some I believe they are God bud in which case they will be moving upstairs sooner.

OH yeah fun times for all.

Why did you change your username to the initials of your old username? I just noticed

some of my landscape photography is under the first name and I didnt need people finding this page when they where looking for my photography. Paranoia I guess. living above the 49th and having a Prime minister like ours. should have thought of that before creating this log in.

Back
Top Bottom