Scientific's Hydro Dwarf Low Flyer 24/7 Illumination Fireplace Grow Journal - 2017

Re: Scientific's Hydro Dwarf Low Flyer 24/7 Illumination Fireplace Grow Journal - 201

Hey I can’t get Hydroguard anywhere do you need it? I’m use to growing in soil I’m wanting to switch over to DWC just worried it’s gonna be too hard and get root rot

Re: Scientific's Hydro Dwarf Low Flyer 24/7 Illumination Fireplace Grow Journal - 201

Hey I can’t get Hydroguard anywhere do you need it? I’m use to growing in soil I’m wanting to switch over to DWC just worried it’s gonna be too hard and get root rot

Keep the water in your reservoir cool (i.e. not a steaming swamp), have lots of aeration, consider buying a little in-aquarium circulation pump at the pet store (~$20), do a complete change of your reservoir regularly, and keep the reservoir dark and clean, and chances are you can get by without any beneficial bacteria.

Good luck!

I’m getting the EcoPlus 795 air pump has4 outlets. so I’m doing for 5 gallen buckets do I need to do the top feed or Can I start the plants in dirt then put them in the bucket? And is that air pump any good? And every water change do I add the nuts to it or one change just plane ph water and then nuts. Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure I do it right the first time

You want lots of circulation in the reservoir, especially when it gets full of roots (which it will if you're doing things right). That's why I like a little pump in addition to the air stone.

You are constantly giving nutes when using hydro, never just plain water.

Dirt and hydro don't mix. I'd recommend Jiffy plugs or those fancy ones that General Hydroponics sells.

Once the plant gets established you don't need top feed. Or you can just start with the hydroton immersed in the reservoir. The clay balls will wick moisture.

Hydroponics is kind of challenging the first time, but pay attention and stick with it and it works great.

I'd recommend Advanced Nutrients "pH Perfect" products to keep the pH stable.

I'm assuming that you already have a pH meter, pH calibration fluid, and a PPM/EC/TDS meter. All are required for hydro.

BTW, Amazon carries Hydroguard (and absolutely everything else except seeds. ;))

hie Scientific,

I am late to follow up this journal.
Love to see you used 100w 6500K CFL light to grow, 6500K is a daylight spectrum, sue it grows.

Back
Top Bottom