SCROG - Any advice greatly appreciated

Fishhhh

Hi All

Looking for some advice on SCROG'ing. My grow tent is 80cm x 80cm x 160cm

Im using a 250w HPS dual spectrum light, and 4" extractor fan and intake fan. i also have a small desk fan in the base of the tent circulating air.

I am still awaiting my clones but thought i would get the advice i need before planting (il be using soil)

I am planning on growing no more than 3 plants , in maybe 10L pots? Firstly, is this going to be ok? i cant imagine it being to crouded in there?

How long do i veg for?

I have been reading up on how you can make the most out of a small grow, and all that keeps coming up is SCROG? Now i have watched a few things on youtube , and read a few forum threads or articles. and if im honest i am still a little confused.

Is there any one that give me a details guide to set up, and what i have to do? How high do i put the netting? etc?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance :thanks:

Re: SCROG - Any advice greatly appreciated :)

All the information you are looking for is on the forum. But I'll give you a helping hand.

The amount of time to veg is when the plants are about 1/3 to 1/2 the height you have to grow them in. Say you have around 100 cm to grow for height, when the plants are between 30 to 50, you should flower them.

The SCROG screen/net needs to be around 12 to 18 inches from the top of pots. Enough room to get your hands under it and do some work (cleaning, trimming). To create the screen you can use anything that you can attach the net to. I've used PVC tubing for the frame work and blue weed whacker string woven through the frame work giving me 2 inch squares. Worked great.

for details, look in the DIY section and search for SCROG. Also there is a link in my sig on how to grow. Read that, it is long, but worth it.

Thanks for the quick reply! Where is the DIY section? Sorry im new here :)

thanks!

so what does the net actually do , spread the plant horizontally as appose to vertically?

I cant seem to find any tutorials on what to do once the plants reach the netting? any ideas? :)

Hi All

Looking for some advice on SCROG'ing. My grow tent is 80cm x 80cm x 160cm

Im using a 250w HPS dual spectrum light, and 4" extractor fan and intake fan. i also have a small desk fan in the base of the tent circulating air.

I am still awaiting my clones but thought i would get the advice i need before planting (il be using soil)

I am planning on growing no more than 3 plants , in maybe 10L pots? Firstly, is this going to be ok? i cant imagine it being to crouded in there?

How long do i veg for?

I have been reading up on how you can make the most out of a small grow, and all that keeps coming up is SCROG? Now i have watched a few things on youtube , and read a few forum threads or articles. and if im honest i am still a little confused.

Is there any one that give me a details guide to set up, and what i have to do? How high do i put the netting? etc?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance :thanks:

Good luck and it's all right here..great site. I am on my second SCROG grow, clones are 8 days since transfer to 1 gal pots. Check out my link in my signature..
transfer_2815.JPG

Check out my 2 grow journals for a V-shaped Scrog Idea....also made it for around 20$ and the directions are in the DIY section...

Happy Scrogging!

hey all!

thanks for all the advice here , i have decided to build a screen for all 3 plants as appose to having one for each one. i will upload pics once it is completed.

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom