Second Cali Dream Grow

mesrone

Hey everyone!
Sorry for my disappearance after my last grow! Was going through alot of work and wound up moving back down to California! Now that im settled, im trying to start catching up with everyones grows again and being on here more often!

Anyway. Im back and have started a new grow.
A small closet grow similar to my first grow, but with a few upgrades. We are currently constructing a much larger room in the basement in a 13x13 ft room. But in the meantime!

Specs
24x38x 62 inches.
400w GrowBright MH conversion bulb for veg
600w Eye Hortilux HPS for flower
air cooled in sun system hood with 4" ducting
8 inch standard intake fan
6 inch clip desk circulation fan
105 cfm coaxial circulation fan
170 cfm exaust fan

9 plants total all germinated on 5/16/10 At 18/6 light schedule opposed to 24/0 from last time
3 fem california dream 6 mystery seeds tossed in with my order from the last batch.

Im doing 6 indoors in the closet (2 Cali dreams and 4 Mystery strains)
and 3 outdoors in 3 gallon bags on our deck. (no neighbors)
Outdoor plants are being brought in at night and put on windowseal for now. Night temps dropping below 50 still.

Plants were transplanted into beer cups on the 17th-19th and into 3 gallon bags on the 3rd.

Upgrades to tent include: taping every split in poly, mylar, holes for cords exaust etc. A windtunnel and filters on my intake fan.
(dust was a problem in my last grow) and were introducing co2 to the garden now, which after just 4 days i am sold.
The co2 are in the form of co2 pucks until i can scrounge enough money to buy a tank and regulator etc.

The plants are in Roots Organic Greenfields soil and as of yet weve only fed them ph water (6.5). Still deciding on nutrients for this time around, so any suggestions aare always appreciated. Im thinking dutchmaster line or house and garden.

No issues yet like my last grow, minus some slight drooping, which i am currently trying to figure out. (heat possibly? or overwatering?) and a few of the leaves are twisting like corkscrews. only VERY slightly, but still. I am reading about what causes that?

Anyway here are some pictures. Outdoor pics and more to come
Wind Tunnel. ALREADY DIRTY!!
IMG_1695.JPG

inside
IMG_16962.JPG

IMG_1697.JPG

The munchkin Cali Dream
IMG_17023.JPG

IMG_17042.JPG

IMG_17002.JPG

IMG_17011.JPG

IMG_16981.JPG

More pics and pics of outdoor plants to come!

Re: Second Cali Dream Grow.

:ganjamon: Hey everyone! Well wanted to post more pictures last night, but figured id just wait til now.:ganjamon:
Anyway here are a bunch of pics. But first i need some help with one issue. Ive never seen this before on any other pictures or plants. And i cant seem to find anything about it in the grow bible or nutrient deficiency pages. on one leaf only the edge has turned lime/neon green. Nowhere else on other plants, or yellow spots or brown. nothing. and this spot is NOT yellow. It is just BRIGHT BRIGHT green.
you can kinda see it in the pic.
IMG_17233.jpg

ANyway any help would be much appreciated.
On with more pics.
Outside of the closet
IMG_17191.jpg

The co2. I use one puck every other day. Put in 100ml of water on top of my hood and turn off my intake and circulation fans for 4 hours immediately following when i put the puck in the tent.
IMG_17201.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

Cali Dream
IMG_17264.jpg

IMG_17273.jpg

IMG_17252.jpg

IMG_17242.jpg

And the deck three!
IMG_1714.jpg

the runt of the whole batch.
IMG_17171.jpg

Cali Dream- notice the corkscrewing of a couple of the leaves?
IMG_1716.jpg

And a fat little indica. with an accidently leaf pruning :thedoubletake:
IMG_1715.jpg

More to come!!!

first post.

yeah man! great setup!@. watched your last cali dream grow and the girls looked great(very jealous). I have a set of four CD ladies at 2 weeks 12/12 today(30 days of veg) and very excited for the harvest of your second round and soon to be my very own!! cant wait for more updates!

this is the only thred on the california dream strain I have found. thanks for some genetic infoand commitment. enjoy that fine herb.

Thanks man! Yeah i couldnt find anything else on this strain at all anywhere. There is another guy on here that is growing it. Bolivar. His grow is super sweet, hydro though.
I really like this strain. For my first grow, it went really smoothly and the strain is super forgiving. From what i can tell so far. Now that its a little more permanent in my new house, Im going to be taking clones to continue learning about this strain.
The bud is really great. Such a smooth smoke, and the high hits you fast, and is strong!
I would love to see some pics man! Thanks for stoppin by. You should def stick around should be an interesting grow!

There Looking Good :grinjoint:
What do you use for Co2?
I want to have some just right next to the plants 24/7 I think.

Thanks man! Yeah i couldnt find anything else on this strain at all anywhere. There is another guy on here that is growing it. Bolivar. His grow is super sweet, hydro though.
I really like this strain. For my first grow, it went really smoothly and the strain is super forgiving. From what i can tell so far. Now that its a little more permanent in my new house, Im going to be taking clones to continue learning about this strain.
The bud is really great. Such a smooth smoke, and the high hits you fast, and is strong!
I would love to see some pics man! Thanks for stoppin by. You should def stick around should be an interesting grow!

true, I can't find any info on this strain. I will look up Bolivar's threads thanks. I got 'em from ams and so far, out of all 10 fems I bought 4/4 germed are female and very stable 2 weeks flower. I never took a clone until my CD lady starting showing her flower traits. very good in LST during veg strain. very little nutes needed, a strong plant.

haven't taken a pic of my girls yet, but why not!!. I will throw them up here tomorrow. def scribbed here.

you have no idea how much time I have spent researching this strain only to find nothin. lol.

There Looking Good :grinjoint:
What do you use for Co2?
I want to have some just right next to the plants 24/7 I think.
I use these little co2 pucks. They come in a little white bag with a green rubberband around the top. I am completely spacing on the name of the company that makes them, but ill check tomorrow.
I throw them in 100ml of cold water and place it on the top of my hood. woks good with a milk carton. Just leave a lip because it sizzles and splashes right when you put it in. I actually just started with them about a week ago.
My temps are a little high, around 82-85, and were drooping. within a couple of days the plants perked back up and are looking so much healthier than my first grow.
I am a fan of co2 already. I would like to get a tank with a regulator at some point soon, but for now, this wil have to do.

Its pretty cheap. and effective so far.

hey mesrone. hope all is well for you!

took a few pics of my 4 Cali Dream girls today. 2 weeks 12/12. they were LST-ed during veg only for mucho tops! have 6-10 solid main tops per lady.
DSC03513_crop.JPG

DSC03502_crop.JPG

DSC03508_crop.JPG

a packed tent! :grinjoint: what'cha think?

Very cool setup. Lots of nice customizations like the wind tunnel and the pucks.

Re: the overly green leaves:

description of the damage, and date collected.
Department of Agriculture and Food
Pest and Disease Information Service
3 Baron-Hay Court,
Nitrogen
An excess of nitrogen causes rapid growth with reduced
flowering and fruit formation. The plants look overly green,
and may have thin stems. The soft new foliage becomes
attractive to pests and susceptible to diseases.

+Reps on everything!

:bravo::nicethread::peace:

Thanks for the pics RAFE!!! They look great! You should start a journal yourself. Would love to see other Cali dreams.

And thanks papa!!! Yeah the overly green is odd because it looks nothing like a nitrogen buildup or dificiency. It is the edge of one side f one leaf. Almost in a tiger strap pattern. Not on the tip. But I'm def keeping it in mind with the nitrogen. + reps or the Info.!!!!! And thanks for the rep

glad to see you're back dude.....lake tahoe area is really nice man....your grow looks awesome I cant wait to do another grow myself, but i think it will be awhile. later man good to hear from ya!

Yeah you should definitely stick around for a little while! Should be an interesting one.
Time for an update.:yahoo:
Nothing is new with the plants. I have yet to rewater them since transplanting on the 3rd. ANd have yet to begin any nute feeding. Still only using co2.
Temp got pretty hot today in the closet and the humidty got pretty low, but no droopers or anything so we should be good!
Start with the outside 3.
IMG_18122.jpg

Cali Dream
IMG_18132.jpg

IMG_18185.jpg

The runt
IMG_18152.jpg

Mystery strain
IMG_18141.jpg

IMG_18174.jpg

ANd the Inside closet.
IMG_18194.jpg

IMG_18202.jpg

IMG_18262.jpg

IMG_18224.jpg

IMG_18273.jpg

IMG_18214.jpg

IMG_18303.jpg

IMG_18251.jpg

IMG_18283.jpg

IMG_18323.jpg

IMG_18332.jpg

IMG_18292.jpg

IMG_18313.jpg

Kinda unorganized pictures, and i think im missing one or two. But tons of pics none the less!

Big fan of the custom stuff, always fun to see what other people can think of. + reps

SG

Thanks Sanibel! I am going to be gettin real funky later on in this grow with topping and LST. Should be a fun one.

Perfect plants.........
Can't wait to see the buds.

Nice grow!

DocBud. Thanks for stopping in! I hope i dont disappoint!

They are looking Finnnnnee as hell!
+reps pics
Beautiful:grinjoint:
:peace:

Thanks for the reps dude!

OK update time!
Well been pretty busy in the garden today and yesterday.
INSIDE
Temps have been a little warm, mid 80s during the day and upper 60's at night. Humidity has been pretty low lately which is not good. BUT we have not waters since the 3rd when we transplanted them. The soil is still a little damp.
I am going to water tomorrow and begin our nutrients.
Im going to be using the Fox Farms nutrient line. Grow Big. Big Bloom. Tiger Bloom. Open Sesame. and Beastie Bloomz
If needed i will add CAL-MAG and molasses. but that is not for some time.
also began LST today on 5 of the 6 indoor plants. They all are on their 5th node, and tied them right above the 4th node.
Also today, changed the filters and cleaned the closet, as well as added new CO2
Here are some pics.
IMG_18603.jpg

The Runt of the indoor girls.
IMG_18614.jpg

IMG_18634.jpg

IMG_18623.jpg

IMG_18643.jpg

IMG_18663.jpg

IMG_18653.jpg

IMG_18686.jpg

IMG_18673.jpg

IMG_18702.jpg

And a weird deformation on one of the Cali Dream Fem plants. a 4 leafed set.
IMG_18694.jpg

And outdoor plants
Nothing crazy. The daytimes have been sunny and low 70's and dropping into upper 50's at night. Not sign of temp stress. Minus the stunded growth of one of the three.
IMG_18595.jpg

Cali Dream
IMG_18572.jpg

IMG_18583.jpg

Awesome!:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom