Seed won't sprout after 4 days of germination

kalleboof

420 Member
Hi i just bought a auto royal kush seed from my weed store. i went home and put it in wet paper towl and after 2 days i didnt sprout. i put it in a bowl of water to see if at taken in water, and it sunk. i think thats a good sign, so i put it back in the wet paper towl and now 2 days more it havent sproutet yet. Is that normal and i just have to plant it without a tap root comming out or do i need to germinate it more?

The paper towel needs to be damp NOT WET and you need to drop the seed in water first for around 24hrs then place into paper towel and put the paper towel in a zip lock to create high humidity ,that’s what seeds need and in a couple days you’ll see her tap root

The paper towel needs to be damp NOT WET and you need to drop the seed in water first for around 24hrs then place into paper towel and put the paper towel in a zip lock to create high humidity ,that’s what seeds need and in a couple days you’ll see her tap root
ok thanks for that. so do i just need to out it in damp paper towl in a plastic bag since the seed has already taken in water

Hiya kalleboof could be a dud, but I've had them go much longer before they sprouted...just had my friend dump about 50 seeds in a paper towel on me, they were popping a week more later. Keep it a little warm (like on top of the water heater or something) and keep the paper towel moist, you should get something! If not maybe your weed store will replace?

I've had some take 5 days or so.
I just put them ungermed into a root riot, little splash of tap water at ph7.2 then leave them in the dark under the bed in a 99p humidity box until the tap root pops out the bottom. Works every time. Some go in 24 hours. Some take 5-6 days if it's a bit colder but most take 3-4 days to pop out.

ok thanks for that. so do i just need to out it in damp paper towl in a plastic bag since the seed has already taken in water
Yeah just put it in the damp paper towel in a ziplock in the dark ,no air circulation
The bag will sort off sweat which is a good thing

Usually have seeds sprout between 18-72 hours personally. I literally get my fingers wet and drip onto the paper towel until it is all saturated and not a drop more. Then I make sure the top layer cradles around the seeds. I prefer to use a sterilized metal tin, it keeps it dark, and is easy to heat consistently.

If I were attempting to recover that seed I would:

Get it a little warmer than what you have been, in dry paper towel with two or 3 drops on top of the seed and a couple drops around it. Use a nice thick layer for both sides. If its going to sprout, this will be the time. If it doesnt sprout after 10 days, crack it open and surely you will see white mush soup instead of a taproot.

When I germinate "paid for" seeds, I always score the side of the seed so it will crack open faster, just to ensure my investment. Easier to drown that way too though.

Really the seed wants a "humid" environment, not a wet one. It needs to breathe as well as take up water.

No dark=no germ
Too cold=no germ
Too wet=no germ

Back
Top Bottom