Seeds & light - Help!

ThePestGuy

Hey all, first post! Been creeping the forums for a few months finally dropped a reg and joined! :)

I have a grow box, with 150 Watt HPS lighting, top fed drip system, pretty sick...
I bought some seeds (OG KUSH) and I didn't want to waste them so I just germinated 2 in a cup of balanced PH water for 24 hours, then moist paper towel until roots seen. Once the root was visible by at least an inch I transferred it to a small rock-wool cube with root down...

I now have the cube under my HPS light, about 20 inches away keeping moist, with 18 hours on 6 off, the seedling has sprouted and is about an inch above the rock-wool now, with no visible roots popping through.

1) Is the HPS to much light? Ive read that in most cases it is, however my sprout seems to be doing fine...

2) When can I transfer it into my top fed drip system ,3 inch net pots with clay ball medium? Do I wait until the root pops out the bottom of the rock-wool?

3) When do I start to add nutrients?

THANKS GUYS! sorry for the noob question, but I couldn't really find any clear answers online stricly aimed towards pot.

Cheers! :ganjamon:

1) Keep the light far enough away that it won't burn the plants. Try it a foot or so from the top of the plant. If it is too hot for your hand it will be too hot for the seedling/plant. Be sure to ventilate the grow box.
2) As for transplanting, I would wait until it is 3-4 inches tall.
3) Add diluted nutes after the plant has acclimated to the new pot.

Back
Top Bottom