Seeds

2ml jars and a storage box with an air release valve. Comes with silica gels. If it's dark and under 70 degrees they'll be fine. I had one premature seed start trying to sprout in a jar i accidentally breathed in once. Probably would not have ever bothered with it anyway

20211113_082454[3472]23.jpg

One of the members sent several seeds my way using a piece of paper straw to hold the seeds. After opening the package it still took me awhile to find the seeds. It was a great stealth project.

Since I will not be planting those seeds until late winter I kept them in the straw which now hangs out in a pill bottle on a shelf in the fridge.

The only problem I see is that I still have to put the straw into a tube or pill bottle along with a note telling me the name of the strain and the date. Cannot come up with a way to fasten the note to the straw so that it does not come off.
The best way I found to keep track of them if kept in straws is to keep a log. Then number the straws with a number and reference that number in a log book.

The best way I found to keep track of them if kept in straws is to keep a log. Then number the straws with a number and reference that number in a log book.
God help ya if you ever lose that logbook!

There are 3 things that affect seed viability when storing them; moisture, temperature and light. Drier, cooler and darker are better. Before storing seeds they must be dry or they will likely rot so I spread them out on a dry surface out of direct sunlight for a week or two. For short term storage (up to 1 year) I put them in a pill bottle and put them in the fridge. The fridge is good because it's cold, dark and dry. For longer storage I package them in tinfoil and freeze them. If properly packaged and kept frozen they will last indefinitely. You can check out post #57 of my 'Afghani/NL from 2007 Seed Harvest' grow journal in my signature where I have some pictures and further instructions.
I also explained the packaging of seeds for freezing a little more in depth in my 2nd grow journal 'MALAWI GOLD ...2017' on post #42.

HopHead 1st Journal - Afghani - NL In Soil From 2007 Seeds - Harvested

Malawi Gold, Chamba, Organic, Daylight Shifting, 2017

Hope this is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom