Setup Advice

I run QB boards the 550 r spec wood be the one I would go with. R spec is with red far red spectrum and will be as close to your 1000w lamp without the heat and 1/2 the electric cost.

Someone mentioned the 320 r
spec QB boards you wood need 2 for a 4x4. That wood be what I'd run. The 550 will work too. Look to your wallet for best choice.

There are Alibaba options as well for less. Basically Quantum board knock offs for 1/2 price.

Also there are COB led lamps as well.

Led gonna replace the hid lamps due to efficiency and run cost.

Also Gavita owned by Monsanto/Scott's <spit> they the best hid makers and now making led lamps. Try and avoid.

thanks for the info. im definitely set on LED

im just thinking, since ill need 2 320's for a 4x4, would it make more sense to just do 2 3x3s with a 320 in each?

in one of the sticky threads i saw that for LED the bare minimum for productive flowering is 35w/sq ft..

so a 4x4 tent would require 560 W of LED which would make the 550 or 2 250's still not enough light, correct?

alright, so i went to bed decided on 2 250w LEDS based on your recs. then i got to thinking.

would it make more sense to do 2 separate 3x3 flower tents, with a 250w in each, rather than a single 4x4 with 2 250w lights? square footage jumps up to 18 and would allow for different strains/grow styles in each tent and a more even canopy. plus easier for perpetual if i just have to fill one tent with clones every 5 weeks or so. plus the inline fan/carbon filter system i have is rated for 200 CFM so I am still welllllll within my ventilation needs

is a single 250w budget LED strong enough for the 3x3?
Have you checked out the mars hydro thread on here, you can ask anything you need to know, and get a discount if you decide to buy that brand.
Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

you guys have convinced me pretty quickly. im thinking 2 of the 250w budget LEDS would be better than the 1 500W unit, as if im going to perpetual SOG, or grow a stout indica next to a medium hybrid, having adjustable lights on both sides will be nice.

This is the way to go. You’re making the right choice! Best bang for your buck right there. Top end parts, excellent coverage, penetration, and spectrum.

I strongly suggest the xl heatsinks, which will spread the boards out just a bit. It will just about center a board over each plant site, assuming you’re running 4.

Speaking of which, run 4. That gives each plant a 2x2 space. I had 5 my last auto run and it was crowded. I managed, but 4 is much better.

Running 250 in a 3x3 might cause light fluffy buds. Typically 50w per SQ foot. Me I'd go a 4x4 with two Budget LED 250w then a 3x3 veg tent with a Mars Hydro ts1000 to keep costs down.

Room size constraints I run three 3x3 with 400w, 450w both with one budget Led and Mars Hydro to up the watts. The third tent a ts1000 for Veg. I can harvest every month that way.

This is the way to go. You’re making the right choice! Best bang for your buck right there. Top end parts, excellent coverage, penetration, and spectrum.

I strongly suggest the xl heatsinks, which will spread the boards out just a bit. It will just about center a board over each plant site, assuming you’re running 4.

Speaking of which, run 4. That gives each plant a 2x2 space. I had 5 my last auto run and it was crowded. I managed, but 4 is much better.

thanks for the confirmation, thats basically what i specced out. being able to get longer rectangular lights instead of two squares is so great. now i get the extra power AND get to target where i direct it. seems like a win/win to me.
Running 250 in a 3x3 might cause light fluffy buds. Typically 50w per SQ foot. Me I'd go a 4x4 with two Budget LED 250w then a 3x3 veg tent with a Mars Hydro ts1000 to keep costs down.

Room size constraints I run three 3x3 with 400w, 450w both with one budget Led and Mars Hydro to up the watts. The third tent a ts1000 for Veg. I can harvest every month that way.
i appreciate the feedback. light fluffy buds are not what i want. id rather invest properly up front to get the top quality product. i hate half assing stuff, cheaping out or "just winging it". they say how you do SOMETHING is how you do EVERYTHING, so i put max effort into everything i do. also one of "the four agreements" is to always do your best, and that mindset has greatly improved my life in every possible area.

edited cause i misread.. so you have two flower tents 3x3 and one veg. what exactly is the light setup in each of the flower tents? that sounds powerful and awesome

monthly harvest is exactly what I wanna do. and then eventually move to two flowering tents instead of splitting the tent like that.

thanks for the confirmation, thats basically what i specced out. being able to get longer rectangular lights instead of two squares is so great. now i get the extra power AND get to target where i direct it. seems like a win/win to me.

Exactly. The regular works just fine too, but if you can start out ahead a bit, you'll be better off. Having 2 fixtures vice 1 big one also lets you move them around a bit too, and is definitely a good way to go.

after doing some research i am leaning more towards Budget LED, but I will look there for more info. thank you
I heard good things about Budget LED, this is my first indoor and I went with mars before hearing about the other.

My 2c worth.

Doing my first exclusively LED grow at the moment. Going to flip 12/12 in a couple of days. :)

Using the Mars Hydro TSW2000 in a 4x4 tent. Due to some hospital time :( after a pushbike accident this grow has been very hands off. Oft gone a whole week relying on the gravity auto watering and only added nutes twice.

Happy with the lights. Heat load lower than the couple of hps / led combo i was running last time and plant seem to have grown just as well. Main thing though is needed to cut power costs and have gone from around 1100W down to 300W out of the wall, and from 2 to 1 fan out of the tent. Light from this led is much more sunlight like than the burple ones. Keeps it simple. :)

Will have to see about yield in g / day come harvest, but seems to be going well so far. :)

My 2c worth.

Doing my first exclusively LED grow at the moment. Going to flip 12/12 in a couple of days. :)

Using the Mars Hydro TSW2000 in a 4x4 tent. Due to some hospital time :( after a pushbike accident this grow has been very hands off. Oft gone a whole week relying on the gravity auto watering and only added nutes twice.

Happy with the lights. Heat load lower than the couple of hps / led combo i was running last time and plant seem to have grown just as well. Main thing though is needed to cut power costs and have gone from around 1100W down to 300W out of the wall, and from 2 to 1 fan out of the tent. Light from this led is much more sunlight like than the burple ones. Keeps it simple. :)

Will have to see about yield in g / day come harvest, but seems to be going well so far. :)
glad you recovered and are enjoying the new light.

Go with LED's, the thing about LED's is ignore the equivalent watts. The important thing on LED's is from the wall wattage. 1000w equivalent normally pulls 150-200w wall (it varies).

In a 4x4 you'd need 500+ watts from the wall LED.

Budget LED makes a 250w for $329 after 420MAG discount code. High end lights, Samsung Diodes with meanwell drivers. If budget is an issue Mars Hydro ts2000 would work less expensive.

9 autos is a lot for a 4x4, chances are you'd lose yield with overcrowding. I sometimes run two in a 3x3 and it's a crowded cluster fluck. Five would be more realistic. If you're using small planters 9 might make sense.

Here's a 3x3 tent with one auto so you can see what I mean, 7 gal soil smart pot, yield 6oz.

IMG_20200421_133141.jpg
What kinda plant is that looks awesome

thanks for the info. im definitely set on LED

im just thinking, since ill need 2 320's for a 4x4, would it make more sense to just do 2 3x3s with a 320 in each?

in one of the sticky threads i saw that for LED the bare minimum for productive flowering is 35w/sq ft..

so a 4x4 tent would require 560 W of LED which would make the 550 or 2 250's still not enough light, correct?

Budget Led's - quantrum Boards, american made, 3 year warranty,

Hey gang, a few questions here but I will try to keep it brief. I did some indoor grows way back when and journaled them on planetskunk.com

I am looking to run a dual tent setup (2x4 mother tent with a 4 bulb t5, and a 4x4 flower tent with ???).

My first question is, for the 4x4 tent, would you all recommend a solid 1000w HPS, or a high end 1000w equivalent LED? (a friend recommended horticultural lighting group's hlg550) I am a bit paranoid about LED as I did a grow with them when they first came out about 15 years ago and was super underwhelmed, but they seem to have improved and the less heat/less power thing seems attractive. My #1 priority here is quality and yield.

I am going to run 9 autos in the 4x4 tent just to be productive while I can veg out and select a mother for the real project, which is 0 veg SOG. Which brings me to my second question.. Could you all recommend a strain that would be great for SOG? My favorite all time strain is OG Kush. I love skunky chunky indicas. But a good creative cerebral hybrid is awesome, as I do stand up comedy and love the stimulation hybrids and sativas can provide. Ultimately I'm looking for 2 strains that would do well as 0 veg, lollipop style, single cola clones. Ideally high yielders that finish in 8ish weeks.

For my interim auto project, I've chosen fastbuds OG Kush, Grapefruit, and Cream Cookies (cause some lucky bastardo/a snatched up the blackberry before I could check out :p). I am probably going to do them in 3 gallon hempy buckets and journal this whole thang.

Also, lastly, and this is a LONGGGG shot, but does anyone remember from the planet skunk days in like 06-08, a strain/breeder called Celtic Stone? Does anything like that still exist anywhere?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Celtic Passion = (Danish passion x Switerland) by Trichome jungle Seeds is the closet thing from "Celtic Stone"

thanks for your info!

i ended up going with 2 budget led series 3+ red spec 250w lamps
I have one myself - what a great light - can't believe the yields I am getting compared to the Galaxyhydro led (Cheap china light) any way you will not regret it - going to get one more For seed and breeder reference look ar "Seedfinders.eu" they have over 17,000 different strains listed and believe about 1,000 breeders I use this when looking at seeds

I have one myself - what a great light - can't believe the yields I am getting compared to the Galaxyhydro led (Cheap china light) any way you will not regret it - going to get one more For seed and breeder reference look ar "Seedfinders.eu" they have over 17,000 different strains listed and believe about 1,000 breeders I use this when looking at seeds
nice! what is your setup besides the light? what grow space and strains? what kinda yields? sounds nice

Back
Top Bottom