Shadowman's First Grow

hey shadowman don't believe everything the seed companies tell you they are just after your cash :) IMO.

first seeds i ever bought were feminised and i'm still growing them with only one minor issue (operator error) ;-)

Hey virgingrower, I've never bought seeds before so I wasn't hip to the tricks of the trade. I appreciate you jumping in and helping out! :bravo: :thanks:

Shadow,

You are not alone on the beginner front and I wanted to let you know you aren't the only St. Louis, Missouri guy here. If you haven't checked the water out of the tap it's 130-150 ppm in North County. Good to know I'm not the only one looking forward to our legislators doing the correct thing and legalizing through medical(likely) needs or recreational which in my opinion would cut to the chase and make everyone happy, especially the Revenue Dept. in Jeff City.

:welcome: Chinnubie, Glad to see another Missourian here, glad you stopped in. I've been using distilled water so the ph hasn't been an issue. As far as Missouri passing legislation, I think our best shot is to pass something for medical use first and then try for recreational using the argument about tax revenue and job creation. Not to mention that a (R) State Senator has a son with severe epilepsy and is backing the legislation for medical use. Only time will tell. It's suppose to be on the ballot in November so make sure you get out and vote! Stop back anytime and follow my journal, you will get lots of great information from other members that visit grow journals and help the less knowledgeable growers like myself. If you haven't started a grow journal I would highly recommend it, it's a great way to get valuable info. :thanks:

yea if you take a clone off a male plant its still gonna be male
as far as buying fem seeds just buy seeds from somewhere that gives free
seeds as most of those companies do give free seeds that's the one you start with
so you don't waste the ones you actually spent money on
im gonna assume part of the reason he suggested regular seeds is a higher
chance of males causing you to possibly have to buy more seeds
you can clone a fem seed plant and not have to keep buying the seed
ive kept an og kush genetic for almost a year just cloning and keeping a mother
so that many og kush seeds I didn't have to buy
now im jumping on the femseed bandwagon using colloidal silver
to induce a female plant to produce male flowers which is then used to pollinate a female plant
will produce fem seeds

Thanks again for the valuable info, when I bought seeds from AMS, they gave me 20 free with my order and I did start with them thinking just what you said, save the seeds that I paid good money for until I had learned a few things. And I do plan on cloning when I get some girls. As far as pollinating, I think that will be a lot further down the road for me but I'll be sure to give you a holler for some help. Thanks for the reply my friend. :thanks:

:welcome: Latest update, I watered for the second time since planting and added some root booster to the water(distilled) yesterday. This morning I checked them and can see a little bit of yellow in the center of the seedling. It's not very much but I did notice it right away. I've misted the leaves with plain distilled water and planted 2 more sprouts(little Frankenstein's). Since the yellow showed up so soon after watering, I'm wondering if I shouldn't have used the root booster so soon. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Here are some pics.

2014-04-17_06_18_04Latest_Temp_Humidity.jpg

2014-04-17_05_34_51Latest_Pic.jpg

2014-04-17_05_38_07Latest_Pic4.jpg

2014-04-17_05_35_57Latest_Pic2.jpg

2014-04-17_05_37_05Latest_Pic3.jpg

Hey shadowman, Im not entirely sure but that yellowing may just be from new growth my sprouts tend to look like tht till at least he second node:hippy:

Hey LionoFJudah, Thanks man, I thought I might have burned them. I'll be keeping a close eye on them to see if it gets any worse. I appreciate you giving me your thoughts. :thumb: :thanks:

Just wanted to drop in and see how you were doing my friend. Seedlings look great. - the no/no lol Keep it green and growing.

You should stop misting your seedlings as cannabis does not require misting, the water droplets can magnify the light and burn the leaves.

Thank you KingJohnC, My mistake, lesson learned. I'm just a rookie and trying to do too much to jump start some growth, it seems like it is taking forever for them to gain some significant growth. Good lookin out. :thumb: :thanks:

Just wanted to drop in and see how you were doing my friend. Seedlings look great. - the no/no lol Keep it green and growing.

Hey Professor, Thanks for stopping by. I guess it's the Ole Gilligan Syndrome. :rofl: I hope everything is going good in the Mile High. :peace:

Hi Shadowman,

Subscribed. Off to a great start & you already got some great people following your Journal!

:goodjob:

:welcome: SABO, Thanks man, your one of them, thanks for taking an interest. If you happen to see me do something stupid, by all means, let me know. :thanks:

:welcome: Good morning everybody. I checked on the babies this morning, and they still have a little yellow but not any worse than yesterday. I noticed that they are starting on their second set of leaves. :yahoo: The humidity and temp is good to go so I'll just let them do their thing and check on them later. Here's some pics.
2014-04-18_06_13_07Friday4A.jpg

2014-04-17_05_38_07Friday2A.jpg

2014-04-17_05_37_05Friday1A.jpg

2014-04-18_06_16_29Friday6A.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by and taking a look, looking forward to any input on how to do a better job.

:thanks: :peace: "Keep the green side up!"

Hi Shadowman.

I'm going to tag along and watch a bit. Looks like your seeds are doing fine. I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you, but not experienced.

It seems I saw more than one post about starting seeds. How many sprouts do you have in the tent now?

Wishing you enough girls to fill you tent and one more for luck and mothering,
Radogast

:welcome: Radogast, Glad to have you follow along. I have 2 seedlings that just start getting their 2nd set of leaves and 2 sprouts, waiting to push through the soil. 1 of the seedlings with the best growth is Medijuana and the other seedling just slightly behind is Little Frankenstein. The 2 sprouts are Little Frankenstein's. I made the classic mistake with my first sprouts and drowned them, learned my lesson on watering the young. My tent is 2'x4' so I will try to get to girls for my first full grow and when they are sexed, I'll do a couple of clones for the next grow and keep it going like that until I can get another tent. Hopefully a 4'x4' or 5'x5', then I use the bigger of the 2 tents for flower and the other for veg. I'm also saving up for some 144x3w LED's from TOPLED. Thanks for coming along for the ride and jump in with comments and observations anytime. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom