Shadowman's First Grow

No starts come on man lol I guess I will have to take a pic or do a video of my stars lol Ohh wait you heard it here first,I will have a company make some cannabis and mushroom stars. Oh ya now were talking, going world wide with these puppy's...

No starts come on man lol I guess I will have to take a pic or do a video of my stars lol Ohh wait you heard it here first,I will have a company make some cannabis and mushroom stars. Oh ya now were talking, going world wide with these puppy's...

Maybe a garden gnome? Tending his crop. Hey Professor, you ever sleep? Your plate is so full you look like Ralphy May at an all you can eat buffet.

Lmao I got some sleep friday night well 2am sat i think until 10am sat not bad for two days awake. I am trying to get caught up on my buffet. I am talking to china company's and they do not like to work our time so that does not help lol. I do have to make a run to the grow store later today and I do not know when it going to freaking snow today. I am going to bet it will start when I am going to go there. I think they are saying 5-6 inch so that's nothing for this time of year. We call that a dusting. Man I have to say I really liked virgingrower VG'S DIY clone attempt..Round one tread he did. That was outstanding. How have you been?

Lmao I got some sleep friday night well 2am sat i think until 10am sat not bad for two days awake. I am trying to get caught up on my buffet. I am talking to china company's and they do not like to work our time so that does not help lol. I do have to make a run to the grow store later today and I do not know when it going to freaking snow today. I am going to bet it will start when I am going to go there. I think they are saying 5-6 inch so that's nothing for this time of year. We call that a dusting. Man I have to say I really liked virgingrower VG'S DIY clone attempt..Round one tread he did. That was outstanding. How have you been?

I'm good Professor, not much new. We (St Louis area) must have gotten some of that cold front from your direction, temp dropped 30 degrees and might get a little wet snow, nothing close to what you were getting. Thanks for stopping in. May all your grows exceed the last.

subscribed - good luck shadowman!

I'm especially interested in how the Ideal 420 soil works out. I will be a first time grower soon.

:welcome: Hey MaggiesFarm, Thanks for coming by, I hope the soil lives up to it's potential. They also have a root booster you mix in your water. I haven't used it yet, I want to let my seedlings get a little bigger first. Be sure to start a grow journal when you begin your grow so we can all follow along, lots of help here for you! :thanks:

Not much to update today, however, I have decided to try some cloning when my seedlings grow out, I've seen CO Finest's vids about 5-6 times and I'm ready to put it into action, I suggest everyone checkout his YouTube page and get in on all his informative hands on videos. Other than that, I'm germinating a couple of more Little Frankenstein's to add to my tent. I figure I better have some in different stages so if I end up with some males, I'll have more of a chance to get those girls I've always wanted. Thanks for stopping by and when I have some new photos to share I'll be sure to post them. :thanks: :goodluck:

Sounds like you are well on your way to fame and "Stardom". Please think about us less than fortunate ppls while you're up there. :biglaugh:

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by, there isn't much to report but I have a little growth to show so I took a couple of pics.Next time I water, probably Thursday, I'm going to add some root booster to the water. We'll see if that doesn't juice'em a little. I also have 2 more Little Frankenstein's germinating and should be able to get them in starter cups on Wednesday. I'm keeping it a small grow due to space in the tent and available light. I'm trying to get a couple of plants in different growth stages. I don't want to bet the farm on just 2 and end up with nothing if I don't get a girl.
Medijauna
2014-04-15_05_13_43latest_growth_medijuana.jpg

Little Frankenstein
2014-04-15_05_14_24latest_growth_frankenstein.jpg

Anyway, Thanks for dropping in and by all means, tell me what you think and all suggestions are welcome! :thanks: :peace:

hey Nice little sprouts shadow
fem seeds are good to use if you want a better female percentage

Shadow,

You are not alone on the beginner front and I wanted to let you know you aren't the only St. Louis, Missouri guy here. If you haven't checked the water out of the tap it's 130-150 ppm in North County. Good to know I'm not the only one looking forward to our legislators doing the correct thing and legalizing through medical(likely) needs or recreational which in my opinion would cut to the chase and make everyone happy, especially the Revenue Dept. in Jeff City.

hey Nice little sprouts shadow
fem seeds are good to use if you want a better female percentage

Hey Cronichemphog, What's going on? When I originally bought the seeds, I didn't want to spend the extra money they wanted for the feminized since I don't know what I'm doing yet. I sent an email to the seed company asking about what % on average the feminized seeds would turn-out girls and they told me that there are no guarantees and they didn't recommend beginning growers use them. He didn't come out and say it but I know what he meant. Nubes have a higher mortality rate getting their seeds to grow and would subject the plant to more stress which could increase the chances of producing males. I understand and actually I am in agreement. Here's a question for you. Even if I get some males out of this first batch, can I do some clones and still end up with girls from the cuttings? Let me know what you think and know about that if you don't mind.

Hey everyone, :welcome: Not much going on, a small change in growth, not really worthy of pics, however, I'm going to plant 2 more Little Frankenstein's sprouts today and give them all a drink. Just looking at others grow journals and soaking in some knowledge from all the experienced growers around here. I'll update again when I have some new pics. Thanks for stopping by. :thanks: :Namaste:

Hey Cronichemphog, What's going on? When I originally bought the seeds, I didn't want to spend the extra money they wanted for the feminized since I don't know what I'm doing yet. I sent an email to the seed company asking about what % on average the feminized seeds would turn-out girls and they told me that there are no guarantees and they didn't recommend beginning growers use them. He didn't come out and say it but I know what he meant. Nubes have a higher mortality rate getting their seeds to grow and would subject the plant to more stress which could increase the chances of producing males. I understand and actually I am in agreement. Here's a question for you. Even if I get some males out of this first batch, can I do some clones and still end up with girls from the cuttings? Let me know what you think and know about that if you don't mind.

I believe that if you take clones off of a male plant the clones will also be male.

yea if you take a clone off a male plant its still gonna be male
as far as buying fem seeds just buy seeds from somewhere that gives free
seeds as most of those companies do give free seeds that's the one you start with
so you don't waste the ones you actually spent money on
im gonna assume part of the reason he suggested regular seeds is a higher
chance of males causing you to possibly have to buy more seeds
you can clone a fem seed plant and not have to keep buying the seed
ive kept an og kush genetic for almost a year just cloning and keeping a mother
so that many og kush seeds I didn't have to buy
now im jumping on the femseed bandwagon using colloidal silver
to induce a female plant to produce male flowers which is then used to pollinate a female plant
will produce fem seeds

Subscribed

Hello KingJohnC, :welcome: Thanks for stopping by and subscribing to my journal. It means a lot to me to have another highly knowledgeable experienced grower watching over my efforts. If you happen to notice something I'm doing wrong or not doing that I should be, please feel free to jump in and shake it up a little. :thanks: :thumb:

its a long strange trip the first run
may your bounty exceed your imagination
very interested in how the soil works out
take care and good luck

:welcome: yuyo, Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave me a note. I appreciate it. I'll continue to post updated pics and y'all can judge the soil by my pics and comments. Stay tuned for more to come. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom