Should I add CalMag supplement?

paok1924

420 Member
Greetings and best wishes to everyone.New account since i lost my old credentials and i have one question.
I use bottled water to feed my babies (tap water is undrinkable to my current area) and analysis show
Ca2+=37.4 mg/L and Mg2+=1.34 mg/L. (very low in my opinion).PPM is ~100 and total hardiness is ~95 mg/l as CaCO₃.
Soil is BB light mix.

So the real question is should i add CalMag supplement every time i feed them ?
I do not have the knowledge to make my own judgement from the numbers,every opinion is very welcome, thank you again for your time.

Greetings and best wishes to everyone.New account since i lost my old credentials and i have one question.
I use bottled water to feed my babies (tap water is undrinkable to my current area) and analysis show
Ca2+=37.4 mg/L and Mg2+=1.34 mg/L. (very low in my opinion).PPM is ~100 and total hardiness is ~95 mg/l as CaCO₃.
Soil is BB light mix.

I do not have the knowledge to make my own judgement from the numbers,every opinion is very welcome, thank you again for your time.
Yes, they are essential elements and there is no such thing as Ca or Mg toxicity as far as I know

Goodmorning/Greetings to everyone.
Girls are 15 days old from soil and they are doing great so far !
I do not see any signs of deficiency and i gave them BioBizz supplements (grow-heaven-root juice) in small doses so far
plus a half dose of calmag.

Thank you for your time and replies, i shall keep adding a half dose since ''there is no such thing as Ca or Mg toxicity as far as I know'' :thanks:

As for girls, they popped and put in soil 9th of May ,i shall add some more when they are teenagers :D seed is fastbuds Afghan auto.Have a best day ,i thank you again.

1.jpg

2.jpg

''there is no such thing as Ca or Mg toxicity as far as I know''

there sure is but you don't have one. excess calmag interferes with all sorts of stuff.

I do not have the knowledge to make my own judgement from the numbers,
I have no idea based on the numbers in your water report, either. I did take a look at a web page on how to read a water report and if I interpret it right then the Calcium amounts do appear to be low. The 2 week old plants look pretty decent in the photos and showing no signs of any deficiency.

It is hard to have an excessive Calcium problem but it can happen. If you continue to add some Ca as part of your fertilizing then follow @bluter's recommendation to "start at 1/2 dose and monitor.". To much Calcium can eventually lead to a "lockout" of Magnesium, Phosphorous, Potassium and a few more of the minor nutrients. You will have to get an idea of what Calcium issues on a plant look like. Thing is that some signs of too much Calcium are very similar to a Ca deficiency.

Hello SmokingWings .
Since i used fabric pots this time then probably i shall feed them 3 times per week from my past experience.
I agree with you and bluter, i shall use small dosage and probably only once per week and since it is
difficult to overdose i shall have my mind focused for early deficiencies and i shall give it more if it happens.

Thank you :)

Great looking girls my friend, nice work. :thumb:
I'm in coco so I use calmag every feed.
Calmag actually helps with nutrient uptake.
If you use it make sure you put it in your plain water first and mix well.
Then add nutrients in order.
You said you feed 3 times a week.
In soil you need to let it dry before feeding again.
Feed to run off every time then let the pot dry for a couple days until the pot is light.
Feel the weight after watering to get a good idea how much it weighs .
Hope that helps.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom