Should I break up colas?

dwlb051

420 Member
Getting ready to harvest some Power Plant sativa plants. They have some heavy kolas, it would seem that they would dry/cure better if I broke them up. Thought anyone?

Thanks

I wouldn't break them up to dry, keep a eye out for mold though have a small fan blowing but not directly on them, don't dry to quickly you would like at least 7 days or more for a slow dry. Then cut the buds off the branches and place in a mason jar for the cure burping the jar once or twice a day for the first week.

I'm still quite new to all this (only completing my 2nd grow in about 2-3 weeks), but it seems to me that it really depends on your drying conditions. If they're perfect, or even a bit on the lower humidity side, then I would think that leaving them whole should be okay. But If you're on the higher humidity side of things, them maybe consider breaking them up a bit.

I come from an intense food service background (hence my user name), and the 3 things mold needs for an optimum breeding ground are warmth, moisture, and darkness. We prefer darkness to keep the sunlight from degrading the bud. The moisture is inherent, so obviously we want a more slightly arid environment. And your temps would probably be best in the 65°F range or under.

Again, these are just my opinions, and there are more experienced members here that can most likely give you better advice.

I suggest you take the whole plant, including some of the roots, and hang it upside down to dry. It'll be alive for a while and process chlorophyll and stuff, and it'll almost be cured by the time it's dry.

Back
Top Bottom