Should i de leaf week 5 flowering

Jiujitsu

I have 2 liberty haze both 5 weeks into flowering. Alot of the buds below the top are shaded with fan leafs. Some of my friends are telling me to de leaf big fans and just leave leafs round the buds. So the question is leave as be or deleaf. Its and indoor grow tent with 400 w light.

Thanks

U can. I wouldn't go heavy this late but if a fan is.sitting on a lower completely blocking it out don't be afraid to pluck it. Your call really. I personally would (were I 5 weeks into an indica dom crop) just harvest the tops when they're ready and leave the lowers to plump a week ornso before taking em

NOPE. I ran a test in 2010 that consisted of heavy defoliation into flowering cycle. IT resulted in less weight and no benefits.
Instead of doing any of that, bend the larger ones down and out of the way. As long as the dark period is covering the entire plant. Where the light hits doesn't matter.

Instead of cutting on her. Add a regular light bulb at the bottom facing upwards and give the plant the added light spec.

Cutting off leaves is a great way to botique your bud, when you don't care about weight. But if you are looking to get it done without a stall in production, its better to let it alone and give it another 3 weeks.

defoliate, just dont go crzy if u havent done any previously. defoliation does increase yield wen done correctly but if u havent prepped plant u dont want to strip her bare and shock the life out of her. definately remove any leaves that are blocked decent buds. heres a debate on defoliation. its quite heated but the guys who do it are experienced growers. its an advanced technique.

Trimming before flowering?

I like to take off the lowest 30 percent of the leaves. All those little non producing sucker branches and the tiny little popcorn buds. They just suck the nutrient that the upper branches and colas could be using to make more buds. Usually these branches don't really get enough light anyway. So, they are a waste.

Here's a good example. I am scrogging in this pic. Everything above the screen stays. Everything below the screen (about 20% to 30 %) can't get light anyway and is pulled.

DSCF05022.JPG

Back
Top Bottom