Should I put all lights on or periodically?

TrueLad

Total of 4x45watt cfls.
Day 1-4 i had 1x45watt opened.
Day 4-7 and i now have 2x45watt opened .plants are still small(first set of leaves)

I was thinking adding the third cfl on when they will have their second leaves and add all lamps together(4) when i transplant them to their next and final pot .

What you guys think ?

Also did some major mistakes but i am learning :p I had the cfls 5cm from the plant and it caused heat stress but they are fine now that i put the light around 20cm away :).

I cut one of the stems so 1 of the girls i have (total 3) is a bit smaller :) .

By the way i am watering them every day at morning until the water flashes from the bottom holes of the cup a bit . 50ml of water in total for 3 plants every morning :)

So 2 questions mainly . 1 about lights and 1 if i water the correctly now that is early.

Cheers .

You are way over watering. that can cause a whole host of problems. Do not water them until they show signs of lack of water. Over watering can kill plants and under watering causes great root growth and stronger healthier plants if you keep up and water it within a few days of seeing it show it is dry. They will not start growing up and strong until you stop watering.

As far as lights go...how long do you plan to use CFL and what are you using for veg? If they are showing fan leaves you want to get them on a decent light.

:goodluck:

You are way over watering. that can cause a whole host of problems. Do not water them until they show signs of lack of water. Over watering can kill plants and under watering causes great root growth and stronger healthier plants if you keep up and water it within a few days of seeing it show it is dry. They will not start growing up and strong until you stop watering.

As far as lights go...how long do you plan to use CFL and what are you using for veg? If they are showing fan leaves you want to get them on a decent light.

:goodluck:

Hi and thanks for stopping by.
Would they start looking down if i stop watering them ? Or who would i realize that they show signs of lack of water.
I am just watering every morning because i touch the soil and it's dry but i see how root works now and i will go with ur way.

total of 180watt(4x45w) 6400k for vegging
and
125w (3x30w,1x45w)2700k + 45watt 6400k for flowering .

So should i use all the lights at once or periodically as i am doing?

Cheers any suggestion is welcomed .Thank you all , much love.

In veg the cup should feel as light as one filled with soil and no water. The plants will tell you they need water by drooping. Don't let them droop too far but let them droop just a little. This encourages root growth. When you water soak them completely. The best way is to have a small tub filled with your nutrient and place the cup in there. The nutrient should go 2/3 the way up the cup. Pour some more nutrient on the top of the cup while it is in the tub. Let it sit there 3 minutes or so and soak up all it can, then lift it out and tilt the cup letting it drain until it is only a drop every several seconds. Then wat for it to dry again before watering. Vegetative marijuana loves a good wet dry cycle. The dry cycles cause the roots to grow out and search for water, the wet cycles feed the plants.

Watering a little every day causes the roots to drown in water because they never get dry. You will see droopy light green leaves because the drowning roots don't take in nutrients. Don't let this happen to you. It is the most common error a new grower makes!

In the FAQ section there is a thread with links to everything you need to know where ll the basics are explained. Things like signs of over watering and underwatering can also be found in the problem solvers.

Apollo Horticulture GLK600GW19 600 Watt Grow Light Digital Dimmable HPS MH System

Over and under watering can look very similar. What you need to understand is the Tap root must dry out. Roots need oxygen more than anything. If they are submerged in water they will die and then rot and then everything goes to to shit.

You want the soil to be minimally moist really...just enough to get just enough water into the plant. Water is not food and it doesn't make plants grow.

Also in the FAQ section is a stick for problems. Not a very good one and most of it is copied from other sites but it is a good start. you can find what over and under watering looks like in there I am sure.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

For basic plant questions like this that have nothing to do with cannabis google is the best source.

Check out this thread where I posted some info about a half hour ago about lighting. you will want to watch the video and check out the equipment link.

Newbie needs help

In veg the cup should feel as light as one filled with soil and no water. The plants will tell you they need water by drooping. Don't let them droop too far but let them droop just a little. This encourages root growth. When you water soak them completely. The best way is to have a small tub filled with your nutrient and place the cup in there. The nutrient should go 2/3 the way up the cup. Pour some more nutrient on the top of the cup while it is in the tub. Let it sit there 3 minutes or so and soak up all it can, then lift it out and tilt the cup letting it drain until it is only a drop every several seconds. Then wat for it to dry again before watering. Vegetative marijuana loves a good wet dry cycle. The dry cycles cause the roots to grow out and search for water, the wet cycles feed the plants.

Watering a little every day causes the roots to drown in water because they never get dry. You will see droopy light green leaves because the drowning roots don't take in nutrients. Don't let this happen to you. It is the most common error a new grower makes!

This sound a bit off my limits .It's my first time and i just don't want to fuck up :) I really love doing it and i do it as a hobby .
I got the point though that i am overwatering them and i should let them dry a bit so the root system can grow bigger,better ,stronger :) .

Cheers.

What about the light though haha noone answers my question . Should i open all the lights 180watt or should i periodically add more , i have 90watt active now and 90 more on stand by . I was thinking of adding 45watt more next week and then the final 45 watt when i move them to their next and final pots.

I searched on google about the lights and if i should open periodically and i got mixed answers thats why i am asking .Yes i found a lot of info for water now thanks :).

All is better now. More light now means less stretch. You want short plants.Try to let the soil get as dry as possible. Wet feet=bad plants. Much harder to underwater than to overwater. Don't water a little at a time. Soak the plants. Then let them dry. Otherwise you won't end up with as good a harvest.

Well that's what i am doing to be honest. They are on small caps right now and everyday i am touching the soil it feels dry thats why i water them everyday . I will listen to the plant more now and do what it says.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom