Show off your Deep Water Culture Grow

thank you guys. im thinking around 2 maybe 3 more weeks.

4 Weeks 12/12 3 Northern Lights 2 Bubblelicious All Toped frontright Northern Lights is a Tripod
Image000045.jpg

Image000037.jpg

Image000027.jpg

Image000055.jpg

Okay, here are todays pics of my grow, 54 days into 12/12. These pics are of the northern lights, they are a couple weeks ahead of the sour diesel. That sheet of paper behind the one bud is 11" x 17", that bud is about 17" tall and at least 7" wide!

IMG_15273.jpg

IMG_15341.jpg

IMG_15352.jpg

IMG_15392.jpg

IMG_15401.jpg

A day or two short of 8 weeks, and you just know by NEXT Wednesday, they ought to be ready!

Wowie ! Scissor Time!!!! Sticky Fingers!! Are you going to use rubber gloves? I tried them, and they do gather the trichs good, but my hands got sweaty!

A day or two short of 8 weeks, and you just know by NEXT Wednesday, they ought to be ready!

Wowie ! Scissor Time!!!! Sticky Fingers!! Are you going to use rubber gloves? I tried them, and they do gather the trichs good, but my hands got sweaty!

I've got the scissors, but never thought of the rubber gloves, do they have something to do with scraping off the accumulated trichs for a type of finger hash? I know you never let one get away if you can help it!

010180.jpg

Flowering Room

011160.jpg

Trainwreck

012138.jpg

Northern Lights

016104.jpg

trainwreck

017101.jpg

northern lights

01896.jpg

White widow

02072.jpg

White Rhino

I've got the scissors, but never thought of the rubber gloves, do they have something to do with scraping off the accumulated trichs for a type of finger hash? I know you never let one get away if you can help it!

The gloves keep your hands clean. It gets to be very sticky. Your hands will look like you just changed the oil on your car, except they will be sticky as heck covered in lovely brown hash that is all over your hands. The gloves just gives you a medium to collect the THC while cutting and then you can use alcohol or no alcohol to get it off the gloves. Plus the gloves can be saved for tomorrow to clean up where if no gloves and your going to dinner after you chop your plants good luck hiding your sticky fingers.

Yep, the thing with rubber gloves is you can FREEZE them, afterwards, and the trichs will be like a thin sheet of plastic that just peels off easily.

AND, you need a one sided straight razor blade too. AFTER you get though with the harvest, you can scrape the blade of the scissors, and get just a little piece, throw it in a pipe, get two hits that will knock your socks off!

Ahhhh, Scissors hash, nothing like it, especially to celebrate your harvest!

hey all! i did it. i built my Deep Water Culture setup. it's just like LabRat's infact i used his design (thanks man!!) at the moment i'm just waiting for clones to root so i can start.

before i do, i have a few questions. but before i ask, i should detail my grow..

i'm growing a number of strains (ICE, Super Crystal, Hindu Kush, Mazar)
i veg beneath 2 spiral CFL's, each is 45w.
i flower under a 600w HPS, analog ballast.
i'm currently using AN's Grow/Micro/Bloom. Grotek pH down. GH's Maxibloom for early flowering. "Bud Builder" for late bloom. H2O2 (3%) and yellow Listerine at 1tsp/gal.

my biggest questions are, what am i missing or forgetting? what am i wrong about? What are some of the biggest mistakes people make when they start BP? Could you give me some helpful tips to start me off?

Thanks in advance. btw, gorgeous plants everyone, you make me jealous. lol.
Stay up all.

hey all! i did it. i built my Deep Water Culture setup. it's just like LabRat's infact i used his design (thanks man!!) at the moment i'm just waiting for clones to root so i can start.

before i do, i have a few questions. but before i ask, i should detail my grow..

i'm currently using AN's Grow/Micro/Bloom. Grotek pH down. GH's Maxibloom for early flowering. "Bud Builder" for late bloom. H2O2 (3%) and yellow Listerine at 1tsp/gal.

my biggest questions are, what am i missing or forgetting? what am i wrong about? What are some of the biggest mistakes people make when they start BP? Could you give me some helpful tips to start me off?

Stay up all.

Hey man, nice to hear your ready to get started, start up a thread for us to follow when you do.

My one comment off the top of my head is your cfl's for veg. I just built a fixture for my cfl's in my veg closet, I'm using 8- 55w for a total of about 29,000 lumens. From my experience the more light the better. You're doin g great with the 600 for flower, but you may want to up your veg lighting.

I'll be looking for your start!

The gloves keep your hands clean. It gets to be very sticky. Your hands will look like you just changed the oil on your car, except they will be sticky as heck covered in lovely brown hash that is all over your hands. The gloves just gives you a medium to collect the THC while cutting and then you can use alcohol or no alcohol to get it off the gloves. Plus the gloves can be saved for tomorrow to clean up where if no gloves and your going to dinner after you chop your plants good luck hiding your sticky fingers.

Yep, the thing with rubber gloves is you can FREEZE them, afterwards, and the trichs will be like a thin sheet of plastic that just peels off easily.

AND, you need a one sided straight razor blade too. AFTER you get though with the harvest, you can scrape the blade of the scissors, and get just a little piece, throw it in a pipe, get two hits that will knock your socks off!

Ahhhh, Scissors hash, nothing like it, especially to celebrate your harvest!

I thought that's what you were getting at! I'll definitely use the gloves now that I know this. And Frosty, good point, I bet my fingers are going to get real sticky when I'm harvesting.

Stay up all.

LabRat sues a DWC system, not a Deep Water Culture SYSTEM. Deep Water Culture uses a submersive water pump and feeder tubes to each grow cup, so you can start a seed or rootless clone in it on Day One!.

Look:

Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

I see many growers complain or regret growing multiple strains in the same system, because some grow faster or slower, or taller or shorter or longer than others. You might ask around and see what others think!

and you'll need 4 more 42 watt bulbs at the minimum,, for 3 or 4 plants.

Why are you giving them medicine (3% peroxide) BEFORE they get sick? And what is that Listerine about?

Good Luck, we're all here to help!

LabRat sues a DWC system, not a Deep Water Culture SYSTEM. Deep Water Culture uses a submersive water pump and feeder tubes to each grow cup, so you can start a seed or rootless clone in it on Day One!.

Look:

Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

I see many growers complain or regret growing multiple strains in the same system, because some grow faster or slower, or taller or shorter or longer than others. You might ask around and see what others think!

and you'll need 4 more 42 watt bulbs at the minimum,, for 3 or 4 plants.

Why are you giving them medicine (3% peroxide) BEFORE they get sick? And what is that Listerine about?

I definitely agree about the multiple strains in a single res. I've got sour diesel and northern lights in the same one and I'll never do it again. My next grow will be the same two strains, but I'm putting the nl into the res (3 of them) and the sd will go into a 5 gallon bucket.

I second all roseman says and ask. Peroxide and Listerine???

I stay away from multiple strain grow in a single BP or DWC container. The biggest issue will be feeding the plants. Not all plants want the same amount of food, just like people. There is no way to match up flowering times since everyones environment effects the grow. Then there is height issues, slow growers, stretching and many more issues. I learned the first time I mixed plants in one container, I'll never do it again. Now I have multiple containers to control the individual strains requirements.

The rest of the setup should work great.

Back
Top Bottom