Show off your Deep Water Culture Grow

Heres some pics 2nd day into flower!!
001250.JPG

+ REP, Chkn915, it let me give it to you and no one else.

oops. is it cool if i still post questions and comments here? maybe if i add a submersible pump? lol

i am looking to add more lights, even switch to t-5's in the future. i have another spiral cfl that is about 60w currently and have ordered a larger 105w spiral. they put out about 8200 lumens at the moment, but this new light will probably double that. or come close, hopefully. the new light is a high efficiency photo studio model, very nice, kinda expensive though. Ido need to build a housing for them as well. any suggestions?

you guys are right about sticking to one strain. i've learned that just from growing dirt so far.. when i start the tub, it'll have just 1 strain at a time. Most likely start with ICE, then the hindu kush for the next one, etc.

as for the Listerine/peroxide... well, i was talking to one of the hydro shop owners here, i was asking him about pest control and he wrote me down this recipe (1cc yellow listerine & 1cc H2O2 per 1L of water) essentially that's a tsp/gal of each. his explaination was that, while it wouldn't kill the pest outright (i use Dr. Doom for that), it would repel them from the plants. and lo and behold, it actually seems to work.

i've also read that many hydro growers add H2O2 to their reservoirs to keep them cleaner..

so far, there have been no adverse affects from the recipe he gave me. i guess time will tell on it though, when it comes to harvest.

oops. is it cool if i still post questions and comments here? maybe if i add a submersible pump? lol

If you grow with Bubbles, you are a Deep Water Culture.

i am looking to add more lights, even switch to t-5's in the future. i have another spiral cfl that is about 60w currently and have ordered a larger 105w spiral. they put out about 8200 lumens at the moment, but this new light will probably double that. or come close, hopefully. the new light is a high efficiency photo studio model, very nice, kinda expensive though. Ido need to build a housing for them as well. any suggestions?

you guys are right about sticking to one strain. i've learned that just from growing dirt so far.. when i start the tub, it'll have just 1 strain at a time. Most likely start with ICE, then the hindu kush for the next one, etc.

as for the Listerine/peroxide... well, i was talking to one of the hydro shop owners here, i was asking him about pest control and he wrote me down this recipe (1cc yellow listerine & 1cc H2O2 per 1L of water) essentially that's a tsp/gal of each. his explaination was that, while it wouldn't kill the pest outright (i use Dr. Doom for that), it would repel them from the plants. and lo and behold, it actually seems to work.

Thier breathe won't stink either!

i've also read that many hydro growers add H2O2 to their reservoirs to keep them cleaner..

so far, there have been no adverse affects from the recipe he gave me. i guess time will tell on it though, when it comes to harvest.

Good luck and keep us posted.

you know i will. man, i love this community!

that's really slick! a set up like that really allows for expansion too, eh?

thanks frosty.

good to know. reps and respect where they're due.

well i pulled my sour d girls last week ,i didn't get any pics of her before i pulled her but i did snap a few bud pics,its been drying about a week ,i still have my monster plant to pull in about 2 weeks cant wait for that.i got about 6oz dry/5 mason jars off these 2 girls ,im very happy,,ill get pics of my monster plant before a chop it,wish i would of with these
rsz_sdc10260.jpg
phpE4LaowPM.jpg
phpcMysPePM.jpg

No room cause your plants are two big !!! My my maybe we should come over and trim them for ya !! I'll take all the buds is that OK ? You'll have more room !? C'mon just a little trim.. Chkn,nice grow guy !!lookin very nice! A few more wks and you'll be a happy camper !Nothin better than healthy MM plants, with big buds! Almost better than a healthy 420 girl with big boobs ! I said Almost ! :peace:

No room cause your plants are two big !!! My my maybe we should come over and trim them for ya !! I'll take all the buds is that OK ? You'll have more room !? C'mon just a little trim.. Chkn,nice grow guy !!lookin very nice! A few more wks and you'll be a happy camper !Nothin better than healthy MM plants, with big buds! Almost better than a healthy 420 girl with big boobs ! I said Almost ! :peace:

Last week was transition and this is my first week into flower but second week of 12/12. I have some 11 week strains and 8-9 week strains.

Im currently running ph 5.6-5.8 75 degrees 45% humidity, I use advanced 3 part, bud blood this week big bud, and foliar snowstorm ultra. ppm approx. 1300-1400, Lumaatek 1000watt about 1' more or less.

Man dude you know they're going to get twice that size by the time your done !? That will be some nice harvest !! Keep doing what your doing Chkn915, thats a mighty fine pic of you in your profile. Looks like you got a nose for growing!! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom