Slower Grower Of Northern Lights

very little...if your soil was wet, but not soaked...probably close to a week...possibly misting lightly if using CFL's...the little helmet should pop off by itself...don't help it until it looks you have no choice...One other thing...if your July midgets are still in cups...up pot them and then they should get some legs...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

420-magazine-mobile814627545.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1630176472.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1271306392.jpg

Is this too big? Too deep?

Only watered enough to hold it all together...

You can't have too big(although would prolly be a waste with auto's) unless confined by space...gives more room for root development...are those 1 gallon pots?...you should see improvement in their growth...personally I wouldn't have a final home less than 5 gallons for either auto's/photo's,IMHO...give them some time in those pots and lets see their reaction...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

You can't have too big(although would prolly be a waste with auto's)...gives more room for root development...are those 1 gallon pots?...you should see improvement in their growth...personally I wouldn't have a final home less than 5 gallons for either auto's/photo's...give them sme time in those spots and lets see their reaction...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:
I did my first grow in a 3gallon, trying my second grow in two 5 gallon orange buckets.

You can't have too big(although would prolly be a waste with auto's) unless confined by space...gives more room for root development...are those 1 gallon pots?...you should see improvement in their growth...personally I wouldn't have a final home less than 5 gallons for either auto's/photo's,IMHO...give them some time in those pots and lets see their reaction...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Okay so my plant that popped out of the soil last week Aug. 1st is now one week old! Happy Budday Baby! .

420-magazine-mobile1707530108.jpg

This one .

Now looks like this... .

420-magazine-mobile2092718796.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1974408703.jpg

Do you guys think she is also small? Or growing at a normal rate? Also I noticed this....

420-magazine-mobile1826442464.jpg

Her roots have already made it to the bottom of the solo cup! Is it time to put her in a bigger home? I got me some much larger pots like hook recommended but I still don't know when or how to make this transition. Also, I listened to Camelback and have not watered them. This is a victory considering how I get so overly excited to water them... I'm gaining patience. Young grasshopper over here. .

Okay so my plant that popped out of the soil last week Aug. 1st is now one week old! Happy Budday Baby! .

420-magazine-mobile1707530108.jpg

This one .

Now looks like this... .

420-magazine-mobile2092718796.jpg

Do you guys think she is also small? Or growing at a normal rate? Also I noticed this....

420-magazine-mobile1826442464.jpg

Her roots have already made it to the bottom of the solo cup! Is it time to put her in a bigger home? I got me some much larger pots like hook recommended but I still don't know when or how to make this transition. Also, I listened to Camelback and have not watered them. This is a victory considering how I get so overly excited to water them... I'm gaining patience. Young grasshopper over here. .
They look great but ya need ta keep the light off the roots clear cups is bad bad bad
Tape em up or put em in a colored cup

Here's the Northern Lights I moved to a bigger pot (still not a big enough one though)

420-magazine-mobile465567975.jpg

The leaves are very bright almost lime green

420-magazine-mobile945608021.jpg

Still slow as Christmas but the photo below shows how much you guys have helped me!

Left 7/24/17 Right 8/5/17

420-magazine-mobile754556674.jpg

Please tell me any changes I need to make I want your 2 cents! .

Yeah,,,I personally wouldn't recommend clear cups(although some do use them)...I wouldn't switch them at this point to a similar sized cup...every transplant can be stressful...especially for seedlings...maybe just tape them as Scorp said or even put in a paper lunch bag and leave them for another week or two...then up pot...these plants during Veg,like a wet/dry cycle...gets the roots going searching for moisture...these ones look much better!(don't give up hope on the July girlz)...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

420-magazine-mobile2128756717.jpg

Why are the leaves white like this? This is the Northern Lights strand that popped on July 5th. Can you say slllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww? Not gonna lie this is getting pretty frustrating because I'm trying people -♀️ I have not watered or fed since transplanting it to a bigger pot. I def think that helped because it started growing when I did that but now we have ran into this problem. I still have all the plants on a 18/6 light schedule room temp stays between 70-75 degrees and I've even moved my big box fan towards the top of the tent next to the hole in the ceiling .

420-magazine-mobile203089.jpg

Also, the photo below is my Panama Medicine Man strain that popped July 5th as well. These leaves are doing the same thing as the others and I've noticed this one looks a lot different than the other. Could this be due to the strain or could it possibly be a dude? This would make sense given the name haha.

420-magazine-mobile1295034858.jpg
420-magazine-mobile216214942.jpg

Here's one of the babies that popped on aug 1st another Northern Light strand (photo taken 2 days ago)

420-magazine-mobile467961761.jpg

Lastly here is the Purple cream strand that popped on Aug 3.

420-magazine-mobile1328354942.jpg

Should I water again soon?

Thanks in advance

for almost a month with the Northern Lights, I'd say it's nitrogen deficiency. How would you say the medium feels for NL? Does it feel dry up to your first knuckle of your index finger? It's pretty hard to diagnose at this point with the rate it's growing. What's the pH level of your water, and have you fed the NL with nitrogen nutrients?
As for sex, it's pretty early to determine. It would show sex if it were bigger and more mature or if it reaches a certain time in flowering, but the stunting of growth is really bad, sad to say.
I'm also starting to question the quality of your soil, it might be coarse. If perlite/vermiculite is accessible, I would add that to your growing soil the next time a transplant comes around.

Do you mist them with water at all? I started misting my clones with a 1/4 dose kelp fertilizer and noticed an change within 2 days.
MAKE SURE ITS BONE DRY BEFORE YOU WATER THEM!!!

I'd put that clear solo cup right into a colored solo cup. Light + roots = bad.
Get a rooting powder. You should be able to find one for under $10
Use it when you transplant. Wicked easy. And when you repot it bury that bad Larry right up to the leaves or within 1" from them.
I go from cup, to small pot like you have then to a 5 Gal.

My suggestion at this point is don't even look at them for a couple days. Sometimes you can reevaluate situations after the dust has cleared. Just make sure that they have water at the least before leaving them to grow. Patience is key.

420-magazine-mobile1853938654.jpg

Okay so I def think camelback was right when he said there was some sort of deficiency... I fed my Northern Light strand that popped on July 5th a little different. Like I fed it so much a little bit of water came out of the bottom. I've never fed that much before and maybe that's been my problem... it like doubled in size overnight!! I'm super excited

Are you checking the water pH before you water them? If the pH is off too far the plant can end up not being able to absorb nutes and plant growth will suffer.

I always water enough to get about 20% run off. You have to give it enough water to get all the way down to the bottom.
Your on The right track.

420-magazine-mobile119446669.jpg

Just watered them. Still pretty slow I think? Sigh.... .

Light schedule is still 18/6,

I've only been watering every 3 or 4 days when the soil is noticeably dry and I'm following the feeding schedule water/water/feed.

I still have no idea what the PH of my water is, or what the humidity is in the grow tent.

But hey, they're still Alive! .

420-magazine-mobile119446669.jpg

Just watered them. Still pretty slow I think? Sigh.... .

Light schedule is still 18/6,

I've only been watering every 3 or 4 days when the soil is noticeably dry and I'm following the feeding schedule water/water/feed.

I still have no idea what the PH of my water is, or what the humidity is in the grow tent.

But hey, they're still Alive! .
Rome wasnt built in a day lol if your ph is off by too much it will stunt/delay growth... might want to invest in a ph pen

Back
Top Bottom