SlowToke Mystery Bean Grow Journal - 1st Grow - Soil - HID/LED - 2016

That sounds like a workable strategy. :laughtwo:

Good try arteekay. Lol!

The sativa stretch got ya huh? I hate ya gotta cull them, but I've gotten very used to it now, finally.

Looking pretty good in your yard my friend.

Good luck & Happy Trees...

The sativa stretch got ya huh? I hate ya gotta cull them, but I've gotten very used to it now, finally.

Looking pretty good in your yard my friend.

Good luck & Happy Trees...

Yep. The sativas are now in the great grow room in the sky! They weren't going to finish anytime soon, so best to move on. I'll do a decent journal write up in a day or two, but am curious what you look for to decide exactly when to harvest. My indica plant is coming along nicely with the bud development, and in the last day or two the pistils are all drying up. But trichomes, while amber and cloudy on the main cola, are still mostly clear on the lower branches. I'm thinking about harvesting next weekend if the lower trichs cloud up decently. Does that sound like the right time?

Here's a bud shot from last Friday:

DSC3601.jpg

How are they looking today SlowToke?

The last Friday pic above looks like it could use another couple weeks likely. Do you have a finishing strategy; nute reduction/flush, drying space, etc.?

Day 97

As mentioned above, all the sativas have been culled to make room for my Cancer Killer grow. They weren't going to finish any time soon, and who know what strain they are, so no great loss. They were a great learning experience, though. So now I'm down to one plant, an apparent indica strain that is close to harvest.

In fact, I'm scratching my head a little on when the best time to harvest. All the fan leaves are quite crispy at this point, and at the top of the main cola she looks good to go with about 20% amber trichomes and most of the rest cloudy. But lower down on the plant they are mostly clear. And although most of the pistils have dried up, there are now a few new ones at the top of the cola. So I'm a little uncertain as to when to chop. I almost went for it this weekend, but Mrs. Toke talked me into waiting a little longer to see if the rest of the trichs would cloud up. I'd appreciate anyone's thought on this.

Here's a picture of the plant, now known as Ashley (named by the missus, after the "Try This" girl on the Green Flower site, even though her name is really Mandee, but apparently my wife has decided that her name is Ashley... Yeah, I know... I'm not really following that logic either...). The two areas of trichomes I looked were at the very top of Ashley and at the very bottom bloom at the center of the picture.

untitled-3698.jpg

And here are the rest of the pictures:

untitled-3697.jpg

untitled-3712.jpg

Here's a closeup of the very top bud. You can see some new pistils popping out. Does this mean anything, relative to harvest time?

untitled-3711.jpg

And here are a couple more buds. As you can see, not all the pistils are dried up, so maybe another week before harvest is a good idea. But then again, what do I know?

untitled-3700.jpg

untitled-3702.jpg

Let me know what you think, please. Another week?

Thanks for dropping by!

How are they looking today SlowToke?

The last Friday pic above looks like it could use another couple weeks likely. Do you have a finishing strategy; nute reduction/flush, drying space, etc.?

Hi RTK! Not much of a strategy yet, as you can see by my above update, as far as when to chop. And nutes are Osmocote Plus, so not much of a way to flush. I'll dry in a spare closet I have that should work out ok. I can keep it dark with about 40% RH. I'm not sure what else I should be thinking about. I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have on this!

Day 97

As mentioned above, all the sativas have been culled to make room for my Cancer Killer grow. They weren't going to finish any time soon, and who know what strain they are, so no great loss. They were a great learning experience, though. So now I'm down to one plant, an apparent indica strain that is close to harvest.

In fact, I'm scratching my head a little on when the best time to harvest. All the fan leaves are quite crispy at this point, and at the top of the main cola she looks good to go with about 20% amber trichomes and most of the rest cloudy. But lower down on the plant they are mostly clear. And although most of the pistils have dried up, there are now a few new ones at the top of the cola. So I'm a little uncertain as to when to chop. I almost went for it this weekend, but Mrs. Toke talked me into waiting a little longer to see if the rest of the trichs would cloud up. I'd appreciate anyone's thought on this.

Here's a picture of the plant, now known as Ashley (named by the missus, after the "Try This" girl on the Green Flower site, even though her name is really Mandee, but apparently my wife has decided that her name is Ashley... Yeah, I know... I'm not really following that logic either...). The two areas of trichomes I looked were at the very top of Ashley and at the very bottom bloom at the center of the picture.

untitled-3698.jpg

And here are the rest of the pictures:

untitled-3697.jpg

untitled-3712.jpg

Here's a closeup of the very top bud. You can see some new pistils popping out. Does this mean anything, relative to harvest time?

untitled-3711.jpg

And here are a couple more buds. As you can see, not all the pistils are dried up, so maybe another week before harvest is a good idea. But then again, what do I know?

untitled-3700.jpg

untitled-3702.jpg

Let me know what you think, please. Another week?

Thanks for dropping by!

20% amber should give you a good balanced high. If you want it to be more couch lock let her go a little longer. If it were me, I would chop her now. :circle-of-love::peace:

If it were me, she'd be coming down any morning this week that I had the time. I like to chop right at sunrise. That's just me though. You're certainly within the harvest window. It comes down to how couch-locked you want to be, and with me that's not at all, thank you very much. :laughtwo:

Agreed.....You can have a 4/20 chop on 4/20 and that'll be that.

:goodjob:

Ah! A very auspicious date for the chop indeed. After the stems are hanging in the closet drying, the missus and I might have to partake of one of the popcorn buds to celebrate! ;):hookah:;)

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom