Smokie's CFL Perpetual Auto Grow - 2016

Hell ya, looks like your going to be busy. Can't wait to see some those pop up!!
Happy 420 :volcano-smiley:

The girls looking good!!

Thank you! I think all of mine will be going into living organic soil if I can get it figured out in time :laughtwo:. I'll be posting a new journal when we get there!

Something has come up and unfortunately the tent is coming down indefinitely.

Can this be moved to completed?

January 27th update

Day 6: Today was the day of happenings. The reflector got removed and the lights more securely attached, the fan got moved, holes got drilled in the back for exhaust, weather stripping got added around the edges to help improve the fight against light leaks, and the whole thing is still too damn hot! Sigh.

The back remains open while I am awake (14 hours), and the fan in the room stays on. Their night is during our night right now. Since that is when the door is closed, it's helping keep the temperature lower.

This is what the inside looks like now:

DSCF13044.JPG

And now onto the lovely ladies!

Britta - Royal Creamatic

DSCF13022.JPG

Britta's leaves are still just itty bitty. I'm thinking she can't handle the heat. I tried to tell her to get outta the kitchen, but I was the only one who laughed. The lowest with the lights on that I got the temperature was 28C, a definite improvement, if it would stay there. She seemed to perk up at the lower temperature and a drink.

Schucks - Auto Widow

DSCF13014.JPG

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. Any reason her leaves are pointing nearly straight up? She's got 2 23W 6500k, and 2 23W 5000k on her (Britta has the same lights on her side). Here's a better look:

DSCF12983.JPG

I am also expecting another little girl, due to pop her taproot anytime now. Purple Amnesia, who will be known as Angel, is going to be a solo cup grow right between Britta & Schucks (who is likely getting renamed).

On the bottle of B vitamins for the girls, it suggests adding it to seeds to help them root. So since I didn't do that with the already growing girls, I figured what the hay and tried it with Angel. I'm curious to see if it makes a difference or not.

And that's about it for day 6!

If anyone has any suggestions on either growing in higher temperatures (reading about CO2 right now) or keeping the darn dresser cool, please let me know!
I just looked at your box at start of grow
Great dyi.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using 420

Not quite an update but a story I'd like to share since I haven't had the chance yet.

My mother and I are quite close. We talk a few times per week. In fact, she was the reason I didn't smoke until my mid-twenties. Growing up, she always told me her hilarious (to her) stories. They terrified me, and I was firmly in the "I do not and will not smoke" category.

Fast forward to about a year ago, and I had had enough of these damn migraines. I had huge personal crap going on, and I was in constant pain. I gave in and started smoking. My pain went away. Other health problems have arisen since then, but the pain is the main hell.

So my mom and I are talking (last week) and we're discussing CBD and pain management. She has fibro, and we have A LOT of the same pain. So I'm telling her about Critical Mass and she's telling me about Girl Scout Cookies. We go pick her out a bong, and I say come over and I'll show you how to properly fill and use it. So she comes over and we're smoking in the garage, and we're discussing growing. I show her my dresser, and she tells me about how she grew once in my bedroom window when I was a year or two old (apparently it had the best light :rofl:).

And now, I'll be growing for the both of us. My journey from here on out not only includes healing myself and my other half, but now my mother as well. I'm a-okay with that. At least this way, I know she will be in better health, and I won't have to worry that there isn't anything I can do.

Have a great night everyone!
Thats awesome great realation ship with mom. Your very lucky.

Not quite an update but a story I'd like to share since I haven't had the chance yet.

My mother and I are quite close. We talk a few times per week. In fact, she was the reason I didn't smoke until my mid-twenties. Growing up, she always told me her hilarious (to her) stories. They terrified me, and I was firmly in the "I do not and will not smoke" category.

Fast forward to about a year ago, and I had had enough of these damn migraines. I had huge personal crap going on, and I was in constant pain. I gave in and started smoking. My pain went away. Other health problems have arisen since then, but the pain is the main hell.

So my mom and I are talking (last week) and we're discussing CBD and pain management. She has fibro, and we have A LOT of the same pain. So I'm telling her about Critical Mass and she's telling me about Girl Scout Cookies. We go pick her out a bong, and I say come over and I'll show you how to properly fill and use it. So she comes over and we're smoking in the garage, and we're discussing growing. I show her my dresser, and she tells me about how she grew once in my bedroom window when I was a year or two old (apparently it had the best light :rofl:).

And now, I'll be growing for the both of us. My journey from here on out not only includes healing myself and my other half, but now my mother as well. I'm a-okay with that. At least this way, I know she will be in better health, and I won't have to worry that there isn't anything I can do.

Have a great night everyone!
Hope you both feel better.

Exactly! Growing up, my mom couldn't work and was always on medication. I'm trying to avoid that path as much as possible, and she would like to reverse it.

I'm so grateful I've ended up here. It feels like home. Everyone seems to be very much like a family. So much so that I actually dreamt about it last night. The forum somehow ended up with an island that was around 40km square, it wasn't big. But we all banded together and turned the whole damn thing into a giant multi greenhouse grow, complete with helicopter landing pad and ATVs to drive around indoors with. It was pretty amazing... and then I woke up.
Lol

January 31st update

Days 9 & 2: Temperatures were fantastic all day, and humidity was 35-40%. Felt just like a perfect summer day in there yesterday. Now if we could only keep that up...

DSCF13232.JPG

A family shot to start off with:

DSCF13365.JPG

And their beauty shots:

Britta - Royal Creamatic (Royal Queen Seeds)

DSCF13343.JPG

Look at that! She is actually growing after all! It's nice to see some new growth in her just today. I was sure she was hating the heat, and it looks like I was right. She would like mid-summer in Canada heat, not end of summer in Florida heat. Noted.

Schucks - Auto Widow (CBD Crew Seeds)

DSCF13262.JPG

Schucks has become known as Big B around these parts. She is bigger, she is badder, she is bangin'. But they always say, no two kids ever grow alike. So like a good mom, I'm just going to grab my coffee and move along...

Angel - Auto Purple Amnesia (Shortstuff Seeds)

DSCF13282.JPG

Let me preface this by saying I am the little boy who cried wolf, except that I am more the lady that cried "fudge, I killed it". I have not once, in my life, ever been able to keep a plant alive. Kids, cats, dogs, fish, rodents, etc... No problems there. But the second you hand me something potted and green? It's dead.

So Angel, I'm sorry if your namesake killed you early, but you look sad and kind of pathetic. Even more so than Britta looked in the beginning. My fingers, and toes, are crossed you'll perk up, but it's been 12 hours since that picture was taken (I take pictures at night and update the next morning), and you still doesn't look any better.

And in other thoughts... I need to change my feeding schedule slightly as I didn't really look at my bottles when modifying A-Train's schedule. The B1 needs to be a lower dosage than what I wrote, and I'll also need to check OptiCAL to see if it's different as well. Thankfully I'm brighter than I look and I thought about this BEFORE I added nutes to the girls.
I love your journal. Dont take this wrong but your very intertaining. I found myself busting a gut while smoki 1mg and reading. I have read a lot of journals. I mean a lot last 2 months. I am Noobie and almost got everything set up. But like I said you must write again. And I thought grow was good. I fo have went with hps I had spent 200 on cfl bulbs but after a month of reading on here.They sold me to on cfl. Hps beat all the others out. Well good luck and god bless.

Thank you!

Thanks!

I spent part of the morning at my local grow shop pestering the gentleman about tent, lights and nutrients. Considering this is my first grow, he said I had my bases covered with nutrients. There's a couple more I could add, and will eventually, but for now I don't need to worry. That was nice to hear.

I also found a tent I really like that has a side compartment with shelves. I took a ton of pictures and noted prices so it can be factored in. I think just the excitement of knowing eventually I will have a grow space that I will actually be able to have a decent garden in, is really propelling me forwards. I have already decided how the harvest is being used, and I haven't got buds yet! :laughtwo:
Lol

Thanks for the education, Smokie. Learning lots about autos and meds, info I need.

No problem! I had lots of problems along the way and I learnt a lot as I grew. When/if the tent gets back up, it'll be all organic so a whole new set of skills to learn. Lots of research in the meantime. Theory before application... :laughtwo:

You're in the right place for information & education. If you check out the medical forums, there's a surplus of information there too. Whatever you're looking for though, I'm sure you'll find it! Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom