Smokie's CFL Perpetual Auto Grow - 2016

Ive had a very nice welcome. After months of studying and greAt help from all of you. Ive changed my mind from cfl lighting to hps. Im going to make vegging box from cfl. Flower with hps. I will have supplies the lights I ordered and box built in next week. Thank you all so much. I will start a journal as soon as im up. Looking f oreward to all the help you can give. Ive not been excited about anything in long time its an adventure. One we take together thanks so much.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using 420

I'm so glad you're finding the help you need juststarting!

I remember the excitement of a new hobby so well, although the excitement only partially fades anyways. Growing is such an addictive hobby. Most days I'm left wondering how I'm even going to get time in with them, but I always manage to check in quick and share a little love. It's exciting to see them grow and do well, but it's even more exciting to harvest!

And on that note, Big B's tribute post will be up tomorrow as well as the updates I've missed in the last week or so.

First up we have the two updates we missed... I have to go into work (surprise, surprise), so I will get final Big B pictures this evening when the lights are on.

March 31st update:

Temp was 26 degrees and humidity was 45%.

Big B - day 69, 7.8lbs before water and 10.0lbs after

DSCF16787.JPG

Big B got 1 litre of water with 0.5ml of grow, bloom and micro. She got herself pulled a little wider for the last few days, and then back into the tent she went.

Ivy - day 49, 7.6lbs before water and 9.6lbs after

DSCF16774.JPG

Ivy got 2ml of grow, bloom & micro in 1 litre of water.

Ruby - day 27, 8.6lbs before water and 9.8 after

DSCF16764.JPG

Ruby got a half litre of water with 0.75ml of grow, bloom and micro in it. She would generally get 1.5ml in a litre, but she wasn't dry enough for a full litre and I wanted her on the same darn schedule or I'll never remember what's going on haha. Her tops were also opened wider so they wouldn't grow into each other anymore.

And a good ol' family shot:

DSCF16755.JPG

April 3rd update:

Big B - day 72, 10.6lbs

IMG_350610.JPG

IMG_350717.JPG

Big B was actually watered on the 2nd with 1.75L of tap water. I completely blanked on weighing her before or after, so I only have her next day weight. This was also the last time she was weighed, and her last in tact pictures. She was harvested on the 5th at 74 days.

Ivy - day 52, 7.4lbs dead empty and 9.4lbs after water

IMG_35108.JPG

IMG_351211.JPG

I let Ivy get dry, dry, dry this time. I haven't let any of the girls quite get to this point, but I just don't have much time to avoid it. Everyone says how good a solid wet dry cycle is anyways, so I'll just go with that. :laughtwo:

I also pulled her apart more to get more light into the middle.

Ruby - day 30, 8.2lbs before water and 10.4lbs after

IMG_35149.JPG

IMG_35139.JPG

Ruby is looooong and lanky. So I tried to widen her out... we'll see how that works out.

And that's all for now folks! I'll be back tonight with the next installment... Big B's hanging.

Hey Mittin, I don't think Smokie's harvested Big B yet. The weights are an effort to improve on the lift method of testing for how dry they actually are.

I'm interested in the lack of a full wet cycle Smokie. Can't deny the results you seem to be getting with Big B, but can you elaborate on why I don't think I've seen a full soaking?

Hey Mittin, I don't think Smokie's harvested Big B yet. The weights are an effort to improve on the lift method of testing for how dry they actually are.

I'm interested in the lack of a full wet cycle Smokie. Can't deny the results you seem to be getting with Big B, but can you elaborate on why I don't think I've seen a full soaking?

I have harvested Big B. I've just been working like a dog so I haven't got her harvest post up yet. Just about to do that now actually!

Because no one has pointed out that I'm doing things wrong? :laughtwo: Honestly, I'm still new to this and was going off what was working with Big B. Unfortunately, I don't have as much time to pay attention to these girls so they get weighed, watered and ignored basically. Should I be drenching them and letting them go to droopy every single time?

Is that fishing line you are using to tie down. Thanks

Actually I'm using the rubber coated paper clips. I'd be afraid fishing line would cut through the branches.

Your stuff looks beautiful I will be happy just to get a plant I dont kill in first few weeks lol. Love the pics.

I've killed my fair share of plants, believe you me. Thanks!

Big B's Memorial Post

"Auto Widow is a variety that usually forms a central club 25 to 40cm, completely covered with trichome crystals. The indoor production is usually 25g. The Auto Widow has a strong effect and will bring about the flavours of wood, pine and liquorice — all very sweet."

Week 1:

DSCF12494.JPG

DSCF13144.JPG

Week 2:
DSCF13813.JPG

Week 3:
DSCF14045.JPG

Week 4:
DSCF14692.JPG

Week 5:
DSCF15062.JPG

Week 6:
DSCF15233.JPG

Week 7:
DSCF15496.JPG

Week 8:
DSCF16131.JPG

Week 9:
DSCF16254.JPG

Week 10:
IMG_350610.JPG

IMG_350717.JPG

And what's left of her now:
IMG_35467.JPG

I don't have a scale so I can't say exactly what I got off of her but I will guesstimate that she grew true to her description and I got around 25 grams of bud and about 10 grams of trim. She smells very sweet, and is nice daytime high. She obviously needs to cure longer, but it's unlikely she'll make it since my regular stash is gone.

I would like to grow another one of her later on and see how they compare, especially since Big B took the brunt of the problems in the beginning. Overall, considering I didn't kill her with everything she endured, I'm one happy chick! :cheer:

Big B's Memorial Post

"Auto Widow is a variety that usually forms a central club 25 to 40cm, completely covered with trichome crystals. The indoor production is usually 25g. The Auto Widow has a strong effect and will bring about the flavours of wood, pine and liquorice – all very sweet."

I don't have a scale so I can't say exactly what I got off of her but I will guesstimate that she grew true to her description and I got around 25 grams of bud and about 10 grams of trim. She smells very sweet, and is nice daytime high. She obviously needs to cure longer, but it's unlikely she'll make it since my regular stash is gone.

I would like to grow another one of her later on and see how they compare, especially since Big B took the brunt of the problems in the beginning. Overall, considering I didn't kill her with everything she endured, I'm one happy chick! :cheer:

Congrats Smokie!! :goodjob:

Enjoy your very own grown medicine!! :woohoo:

Way to go Smokiebear, that's one In the jar. Congrats on your harvest. She did very well despite the hiccups, I bet the next one you do in her honour will be double the take. Keep up the good work, so glad you've got some super satisfying homegrown nugs to enjoy. Ttys...

KiG :green_heart:Cheers

I have harvested Big B. I've just been working like a dog so I haven't got her harvest post up yet. Just about to do that now actually!

Because no one has pointed out that I'm doing things wrong? :laughtwo: Honestly, I'm still new to this and was going off what was working with Big B. Unfortunately, I don't have as much time to pay attention to these girls so they get weighed, watered and ignored basically. Should I be drenching them and letting them go to droopy every single time?

Check out Emilya's proper watering thread. If you're planting autos in their final containers from the start you can ignore the transplanting info, but the wet/dry cycle still applies. Also note the flowering and fabric pot addendum as well.

IMG_35467.JPG

Massive Congrats and +reps.

:party:

Check out Emilya's proper watering thread. If you're planting autos in their final containers from the start you can ignore the transplanting info, but the wet/dry cycle still applies. Also note the flowering and fabric pot addendum as well.
:party:

I've read Emilya's post quite a few times, and I think by watering when I knew Big B was close to empty (7.8lbs) that I avoided the fragrance pump and wilting. So I was still along the right track, just not quite as far down. The smart pot addendum was extremely helpful and I hadn't seen that before.

"If you keep letting her dry out, she can handle that too, because she is a weed, but if you really want to see her thrive, “use” those roots in flower, and give her all the water she can take."

So I think I'll try and catch her before she wilts since she is in flower, and only let them get to wilting/droopiness during veg.

Thanks RTK!

Photo dump update!

I'm currently in the middle of prepping for a scope tomorrow, but since that means I am firmly glued to one place for a bit, let's do an update! Photos *should* be in chronological order.

Ivy

IMG_35538.JPG

IMG_35525.JPG

IMG_35758.JPG

Nitrogen deficiency? I upped her nutrients and pulled any yellowing leaves. I also put painter's tape over her split stalk. Someone talk to me about her leaves for a second. Skinny leaves are more sativa, right? Is this why she seems to be growing slower than her fatter leafed sisters (Big B and even Ruby who's 22 days younger...)? I don't really know much about her besides the fact that she's apparently Sweet Tooth crossed with Blueberry, and that she's an auto.

Ruby

IMG_354710.JPG

IMG_354810.JPG

IMG_356012.JPG

IMG_35618.JPG

She's bulking up faster than her sister, and she's purple! :cheer:

Med Gom 1.0

IMG_35547.JPG

IMG_355910.JPG

IMG_357114.JPG

Meet Med Gom 1.0! She is 10 days old (born April 8th), and currently still nameless.

Candy Kush - attempt 2

IMG_355510.JPG

IMG_355811.JPG

IMG_35727.JPG

I don't think y'all have been properly introduced yet... This is our youngest girl, Candy Kush. Two. I haven't named her yet either, because when I name them in advance, it ends badly. She's 8 days old as of today (April 18th).

Family shots!

IMG_35567.JPG

IMG_358012.JPG

:circle-of-love: Have a great day everyone! :circle-of-love:

Even with BigB out if there, there's lots of greenery to look at. Thank you for the Introduction, those littleuns are High CBD strains? That will be good for you, are you working on learning about the oil making? Edibles too?
Glad to see the tent full of healthy plants, till next time...

KiG my Dear :green_heart:cheers

Even with BigB out if there, there's lots of greenery to look at. Thank you for the Introduction, those littleuns are High CBD strains? That will be good for you, are you working on learning about the oil making? Edibles too?
Glad to see the tent full of healthy plants, till next time...

KiG my Dear :green_heart:cheers

The med gom is high cbd and low thc, and miss candy kush is high thc and high cbd. Oils for sure, edibles for sure, smoke it... maybe!

I've made oil twice already and started learning how to tack when I have it. I find that it makes a huge difference in my day to day functions. I cannot wait to be able to have my hands on more. Fingers crossed I don't kill these ones! :laughtwo:

Not a photo update, but a seed update instead!

On the way for me we have:
3 Dark Devil Auto - Sweet Seeds
5 Purple Amnesia - Short Stuff seeds (please at least one grow)
1 Cropical Fruit - Cream of the Crop
1 Pyschofruit - Cream of the Crop
1 Freeze Berry - Big Head
1 Trans Siberian - Auto

On the way for my mom (happy Mother's Day mom):
1 Acapulco Gold - Barney's farm
1 Hawaii Maui Waui - Sativa
1 OG Kush - Dinafem
2 Cheese - Dinafem

Not a bad haul! It's the last for 2016, but it will last us all year anyways (even if I have my next order started in my head). Boo yeah!

Thank you to our sponsors Haze.IO and Herbies for their generous discounts!

Happy 420 everyone! :blunt:

Not a photo update, but a seed update instead!

On the way for me we have:
3 Dark Devil Auto - Sweet Seeds
5 Purple Amnesia - Short Stuff seeds (please at least one grow)
1 Cropical Fruit - Cream of the Crop
1 Pyschofruit - Cream of the Crop
1 Freeze Berry - Big Head
1 Trans Siberian - Auto

On the way for my mom (happy Mother's Day mom):
1 Acapulco Gold - Barney's farm
1 Hawaii Maui Waui - Sativa
1 OG Kush - Dinafem
2 Cheese - Dinafem

Not a bad haul! It's the last for 2016, but it will last us all year anyways (even if I have my next order started in my head). Boo yeah!

Thank you to our sponsors Haze.IO and Herbies for their generous discounts!

Happy 420 everyone! :blunt:

Hell ya, looks like your going to be busy. Can't wait to see some those pop up!!
Happy 420 :volcano-smiley:

The girls looking good!!

Back
Top Bottom