Smokie's CFL Perpetual Auto Grow - 2016

Thank you everyone. We knew it was coming, but it's something you're never really prepared for. Mother in law will be next unfortunately. Won't be prepared for that either. Thankfully the kids are young enough that they won't remember the pain they suffered when remembering their grandparents and great grandparents. They'll just remember the good things, and that's all I can really ask for.

I've now got the flu, and have lost even more weight for a total of 101.2lbs. I'll be taking it easy for a few days to try and get my strength back. When I can be up and doing things, I will get pictures and a full update up. Until then, take care!

February 26th update:

My carbon filter was based on a few tutorials mixed together. I used a popcorn bucket, a mini planter, a drill with 1/4" bit, rectangle air filters, carbon and some tights. I slipped the completed filter in the top 8" hole, tightened both strings, and slid my fan directly on top. This is how it looks from the inside:

DSCF15113.JPG

I'll need to get a real filter, or at least make one with more carbon, but this is doing fine for now. Combined with the gel air fresheners throughout the rest of the house, it's much more contained.

Now that the smell is taken care of, I'm thinking ahead about living organics and no till soil. I've started to plan the soil for the next set of girls as I'm expecting it to need to cook. The whole process amazes me, and I can't get it out of my head. Feed the microbeasties, and they take care of the plant. It almost sounds too easy...

Anyways, on to the current girls!

Temp stays roughly 27-28 degrees with 55-60% humidity throughout the day.

Big B - Day 35

DSCF15062.JPG

Big B got 1.5mL of micro, grow and bloom last night in 1 liter of water. She weighed 7.8lbs before hand, and 10.4lbs after. This morning she is 9.4lbs. She's starting to dry faster, yippee!

She decided that she had had enough of the zip ties holding her down, and popped them all off. New plan is to put safety pins around the edge of the pot and tie her to that. Now if only I could remember where the container of safety pins is... :laughtwo:

Ivy - Day 15

DSCF15044.JPG

Ivy is still 10.6lbs, so she doesn't need anything. Took her picture, checked the new growth for more even colouring (check!), and put her back in the tent.

Ms Norbury - Day 12

DSCF15013.JPG

I moved the girls around while I had the other 2 out and forgot about Ms N! I ran back and snapped her picture, but she didn't get weighed since I didn't think of it Monday and have no starting weight. She is heavier than Ivy though, so I think she's bulking those roots out. Or, I hope so at least.

And that's all for today folks!

:circle-of-love: Have a great weekend everyone! :circle-of-love:

do u use just cfl's or u mixed with led ?
and ivy : any one is agree with me ivy has some ph problem ?

Thanks y'all. I'm still really under the weather unfortunately.

Ivy had some problems but her colouring does look more even. I promise I'll get pictures up when I'm capable of standing for more than 5 minutes. :circle-of-love:

Take care of yourself smokie, we'll all be here when ya get back.

:high-five:

Thanks RTK! This is the sickest I've been since I had my oldest and we both only just scraped by. It's terrifying but the doctors I've needed to see are finally starting to come through. At five foot six, I can't really afford to shrink anymore. I'm just above 110 pounds. And they're only now seeing how that's a problem.

March 9th update:

Temperature was 24 degrees, 45% humidity before water and 65% after water.

DSCF15315.JPG

The girls in order are Ivy (blueberry x sweet tooth), Big B (white widow) and Ruby, the newest addition, is bloody skunk.

Big B - Day 47

DSCF15233.JPG

DSCF15264.JPG

Big B is really exploding, just as RTK said she would. I had to take one of her lower branches and tie it down today because it was rising up through the middle. She got 1.5 litres of water today with 3mL of grow, bloom, micro today. Big B was weighing in at 8.6lbs before water, and 11.4lbs after.

Ivy - Day 27

DSCF15275.JPG

DSCF15294.JPG

Ivy likes to droop right after water, which is why she looks so sad. I need to remember to take pictures before I water her. She had 1.5mL of G,B,M in 1 litre of water. Like her sister, she was 8.6lbs before water, but only 10.8 after.

Ruby - Day 5

DSCF15305.JPG

I have her the furthest away from the LED (29"), and she's stretching. Tomorrow she will get her spot switched with Ivy so she will be closer. Ruby got 1 cup of water with 0.5mL B1 around her spiraling out to the edge of the pot. She only got weighed before hand, and clocked in at 8.2lbs.

Not update related:

I had a general internist appointment today, and it went a very different way than I expected. They know about my cannabis use, but she kept saying smoking and I finally mentioned that I was tacking as well when I had the opportunity. The resident had never heard of it, so I explained what tacking was, why and how. She seemed amazed, and the appointment ended on a much better note than my previous one in that clinic. We actually have a plan now!

Glad to hear of some good news, hope you're feeling better. The girls look great and congrats on the little bloody skunk, Ruby. Happy to see you back and posting,

KIG my dear:green_heart:

Today is the first day I actually have felt decent. It has not been fun having this. Hopefully in a few more days, I'll be back to normal.

Thank you!

Hey Smokie!

Been waiting for an update! The girls are looking great. Lots of growth for both Big B and Ivy since the last post.
Great job!

Hey Mittin!

Thank you! I had to go back and look when my last pictures were, and holy smokes, have they ever grown! I've been worried about them and their lack of attention, but apparently they don't mind at all!

March 10th update:

Temperature is 26 degrees, and humidity level is 45%. Not too shabby!

Big B - Day 48, 10.8lbs

Flash:
DSCF15446.JPG

No flash:
DSCF15428.JPG

She had some defoliation done this morning. I've only been removing fan leaves that are directly blocking budsites. Big B didn't need anything else though, and went back in the tent after her morning weigh in.

Ivy - Day 28, 9.8lbs

DSCF15343.JPG

DSCF15324.JPG

Ivy is much happier this morning. I can't believe how bushy she's getting. I must be doing something right!

Ruby - Day 6, 8.0/8.2lbs

DSCF15376.JPG

Seedlings are too tiny to be very photogenic, but what the hay. She got 1/2 cup of water this morning around her stem.

Last but neat least, a family shot (with flash):

DSCF15475.JPG

Have a great day everyone! :circle-of-love:

March 11th update:

Today has been a day of research... I've been trying to decide exactly what my plan is come harvest and for the grow now that I'm a bit more than half way to harvesting Big B. Her buds will be smoked, but all popcorn and trim will be made into oil, and cannabutter. I've been researching the bioavailability and how to increase it for which ingestion method. It's quite a bit on info to take in, but thankfully we have some amazing members here who have posted lump sums of information together. :love:

On that note, only Ruby needed water this morning so (mostly) photo dump and weights for today's update.

Big B - Day 49, weighing in at 9.6lbs

DSCF15496.JPG

DSCF15503.JPG

Ivy - Day 29, weighing in at 9.0lbs

DSCF15544.JPG

DSCF15536.JPG

I added the stitches around the top of Ivy's pot. I started training afterwards and snapped a branch! I taped her back up with painter's tape, tied down what I could, took pictures and shoved her back in the tent. I think this training session I'd like to forget now.

When I am less nervous to jam the camera into Ivy's foliage, I will try and get a macro of the fracture.

Ruby - Day 7, weighing in at 8.2/8.4lbs (scale error? user error? to be discovered...)

DSCF15485.JPG

And the whole family:

DSCF15568.JPG

I am finally starting my new career tomorrow (between delays on their end, and being sick on mine...). I'll be working 10+ hours tomorrow, possibly Sunday, and regular 40 hour week starting Monday. The next few days are going to be very, very busy around here. I'm not sure I'm up for it yet, but I am sure that I missed having pictures of my girls. That being said, I will try to get back into the habit of weights, pictures, post every day or at least every second day.

:circle-of-love: Have a fantastic weekend everyone! :circle-of-love:

I'm sure between work and researching you'll still find a minute or two to peak in on the girls. Don't work too hard smokie, good luck to you on starting the new job! Glad to hear you're feeling better and up for the next challenge life throws at you. It's been quite the last few months for you, take care my dear.

KiG as always :green_heart: cheers

March 13th update:

Temperature was 28 degrees with a room humidity of 40%.

Big B - Day 51

DSCF15634.JPG

I unleashed her this morning from 2/3 of her training spots. I only left the two that still needed training attached when she was out this morning. Big B was 8.6lbs before water, and 11.4lbs after water. She received 3mL of grow, bloom, & micro in 1.5 liters of water.

Ivy - Day 31

DSCF15654.JPG

DSCF15673.JPG

I managed to get an alright picture of our bandage on Ivy. This is on one of her upper most branches, and it isn't even drooping. She was weighing in at 8.2lbs this morning, and got 1 liter of water with 1.5mL of grow, bloom & micro. Ivy is now weighing in at 10.4lbs.

Ruby - Day 9

DSCF15624.JPG

Ruby got 1 cup of water with 0.5mL of B1. She was 8.2lbs before, and 8.4lbs after.

The batteries on the camera are charging, and I just realized I forgot a family shot. Well, that gives me an extra reason to squeeze in an update tomorrow. I'll take it!

:circle-of-love: Have a great night everyone! :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom