SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

Don't rush the plants in Mr K, let them develop their roots and get some growth going. A few extra days is no big penalty, you will be repaid down the road. Start the PEs now if you want.

I agree 420%, OG! NO clone shall go into the SOG before it's time! :)

That's why I'm waiting on the Lucy & PS.

I'll either hold off on the PE's until the Lucy & PS are ready, or add the PE's this weekend, cuz' I don't want to wait too long on them. But, I won't put the other two in early just so I can time them the same. I realize that even if I add them a few days later, they should still have the same "harvest window", and worst case, I'll harvest two plants a few days after the other three.

Thanks for looking out for me! :thanks:

BONSAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!! :high-five:

Thanks, Brother! I was just thinking about how well I'm now using the available space and how much that extra tent is helping.

Once things get rolling, I could have something like 8 Bonsai Mom's, plus 24 clones in the TK, plus another 24 plants in flower in the SOG tent. And, while initially I was planning on 4 rounds of six clones to get the 24 plants in the SOG, it makes more sense to me to fill it as quickly as possible.

So, once the first 24 plants are harvested, I think I may TRY to clone 24 plants at once. That's 8 clones each from three mothers (or something like) and it would fill the cloner. But, I'd need to have a 100% success rate to be able to fill the SOG with one cloning session, so it will be interesting!

BTW....sorry to start such a "STORM" on your thread regarding STG! But, once you try it, you'll never go "BACK"! (sorry, I had to "THROW" that in!) :rofl:

Take a few extra clones. As all of us who have cloned know: 100% root rate doesnt necessarily mean 100% success. Couple clones might root, but very sparsely, leaving you with a weak clone that cant take up nutrients and water like the others, then you got some rearranging to do. Your plants look like some divas Mr. K! Beauty queens!

Mr K, I'm with MB on this one, I always over-clone, about 50% more than I need, pick the best, toss the rest.

Yeah, This is exactly what I planned on doing once I get things set up.:thumb:

Take a few extra clones. As all of us who have cloned know: 100% root rate doesnt necessarily mean 100% success. Couple clones might root, but very sparsely, leaving you with a weak clone that cant take up nutrients and water like the others, then you got some rearranging to do. Your plants look like some divas Mr. K! Beauty queens!

Mr K, I'm with MB on this one, I always over-clone, about 50% more than I need, pick the best, toss the rest.

Yeah, This is exactly what I planned on doing once I get things set up.:thumb:

Once again, I agree 420%! I wasn't "planning" on being able to add 24 clones in one round with a 24-site cloner. The plan would be to add two rounds of 12 plants each. But, I may take 24 clones on the first round to "TRY" to see how close I can get to filling.

Just the little experience I have with the TK tells me it's unlikely to have a 100% success rate, and even if I could get the 100% success on rooting, it would be unlikely they'd all be rooted at the same time and could be added in one round.

Thanks again for looking out for me, though! :thanks:

QUICK TK & ROOT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Just a quick update on the TK...

Here's what's in there currently - all PE's:

DSCN11932.JPG

The one PE that was added early, which is the one I had the several days of root development pics on, now has her roots almost in the res and starting to fishbone. Here's the pic of her roots just two days ago, on 10/19:

DSCN11662.JPG

And, here she is today, 13 days after being clipped from the Bonsai mom:

DSCN11901.JPG

From the other 17 clones that were taken about a week ago now, I had shown one that was just forming root spikes. Here's the pic from two days ago:

DSCN11682.JPG

And, here's the same cutting today:

DSCN11913.JPG

Pretty much the rest of the clones just have root bumps:

DSCN11922.JPG

I'll post more pics tomorrow when I add some more of the clones to flower. It will likely only be three of the PE clones. I think I'm gonna toss one that's growing in two main colas. Normally, I'd like the extra colas, but I think for the SOG it's best to stick to a single cola plant.

Happy Harvests!

K

QUICK PIC UPDATE THANKS TO TWELVE12!

You can all thank Twelve12 for this pic update. He has a great post on how to white balance your camera and, thanks to that post, I can now take some halfway decent pics under the LED.

Thanks, again, Twelve! :thanks:

Once we get a little further into flower, I'll probably drop a CFL in the tent, just to get some more realistic color with some of the "old trippy" LED mix you know me for, but these are definately better than the cruddy purple pics you normally get from LED's!

DSCN12002.JPG

DSCN11994.JPG

DSCN11984.JPG

DSCN11972.JPG

DSCN11953.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

Looking good, man! Does your LED have two different buttons one for blue spectrum and one for red? I find that white balancing on the blue spectrum only gives the most accurate colors of the plants & environment.

Your girls are flowering fast. They're looking really good nice and compact not much stretch. How many weeks does these have more to go? :welldone:

Looking good, man! Does your LED have two different buttons one for blue spectrum and one for red? I find that white balancing on the blue spectrum only gives the most accurate colors of the plants & environment.

Your girls are flowering fast. They're looking really good nice and compact not much stretch. How many weeks does these have more to go? :welldone:

Thanks, Twelve!

No, the LED is not switchable. Tonight is 14 days of 12/12 and 7 days of flower. They have another week of stretch, then, next weekend I'll do the defoliation on the first seven. The PE's don't stretch much, at all, even when not grown 12/12 from clone, but they do tend to have nice fat colas, so I'm anxious to see how they turn out in the SOG.

QUICK UPDATE

Running a little crazy today, so just a quick update and will do more detail later or tomorrow, as time permits.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I added two PE's to the SOG today. The third PE I'm gonna wait on a couple of days and let her develop more with the Lucy and PS.

I also topped the two main colas on the PS mom, so, now we should go from 6 tops to 8 tops. Unfortunately, the tops were too small to clone, but I wanted to do it before she started growing staggered nodes and I only got a single top, plus the two main colas were starting to overtake the other four in height, so this should also even them out.

I didn't get a pic before the topping, but there's one in a recent post of her 6 tops. Here she is after she lost the two main colas:

DSCN12012.JPG

And, Lucy, who had four colas from the UBT, just got two of them topped to turn her into a 6-topped plant, like the PS before her topping today.

Here's Lucy before:

DSCN12033.JPG

And, here's Lucy after:

DSCN12052.JPG

One of those two tops was big enough to clone, so I stuck it in the TK.

Since it looks like I'll have enough clones to fill the SOG as-is, the toppings of Lucy and the PS today were really just to help give them more tops so they make better moms. Then, on the next SOG run, hopefully my moms will all be developed enough to easily take the clones I need.

If the Lucy top clones, I'll most likely keep it as a second Bonsai mom, so in case something happens to the first one, I'll have a backup.

Happy Harvests!

K

WEEKEND PIC UPDATE

We've started week #3 of 12/12 (week #2 of bloom) for the first seven girls in the flower tent. And, I added two more PE's yesterday, so here's what's in the tent now:

DSCN12061.JPG

Here's the two I added yesterday...I have them spread out from the first seven and raised up to get them closer to, and more, light:

DSCN12072.JPG

And, here's the first seven:

DSCN12102.JPG

They're really pumping out the buds now and I look forward to seeing how they develop over the next few weeks.

DSCN12092.JPG

Here's one of the PE's:

DSCN12123.JPG

Some PE budlets:

DSCN12141.JPG

The Power Skunk:

DSCN12152.JPG

On the veg side, I now have three more plants that will go into flower in the next couple of days. From left to right, they are PE, Lucy, PS:

DSCN1218.JPG

Here's the Lucy mom already growing out her four new tops after getting topped yesterday:

DSCN12191.JPG

And, in the TK, I now have three PE's clearly showing some roots.

Here's the first one (early addition) who had the root progression photos. Her roots are close to being in the res:

DSCN1220.JPG

Here's the early rooter from the big round of 17 clones:

DSCN12222.JPG

And, here's the one that just started showing:

DSCN12213.JPG

I'm hoping to see a LOT more clones rooting this week. Remember, I need to get 12 from the cloner, including the three above that are showing roots.

Next weekend, I do the first defoliation on the first seven.

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom