1st Time Attempt at Aerotubes: Indoor SOG Kandy Kush 400W HPS

I changed the res water for the first time since moving to the growroom just yesterday. I noticed some algae blooms on the bottom of the main res, but generally was satisfied with what I've seen as far as water quality and ph stability - I waited for so long exactly because the environment remained so stable at 830ppm and 5.85 ph

Remember the clone battle I started 2.5 weeks ago and the "bellagio problem" with overspray and 2" root protectors being too small?
This first picture is to refresh your memory

the_whole_picture.jpg

Here is where the clones are today. Note the 3" root protectors:

clone_battle.jpg

Right now I have ~20 gal in the system and rocking 5.3 ph and 1070 ppm
This is what you get when you mix 20 gallons of RO with 1 cup BPN grow, 1 cup BPN bloom and 2 oz of Ph up
I am going to dump another 5 gal of RO to the mix as soon as I collect it

About algae bloom in the main res - I washed it off with Star San for now, but I am guessing that I would have to invest $60 in that 32W UV sterilizer after all

Keeping my fingers crossed hoping that clones are going to stretch tall like they should.
I also need to harvest off the dying test subjects - some are overdue at 8 weeks

Is there any way to change the topic title to say 600W and not 400?
I mean - 400 - seriously? 600W is so much brighter - I cannot see things in the basement for a while
400 was a good fit for the soil grow, but 600 is much better when there is no problem with air and water supply to the roots

Thanks for checking by!
The first grow was completely done on 6/15. It gained only about 6 ounces.

The experiment where I tried to figure out if mothers give out clones of certain phenotypes - it was established as false. I noticed other things though. One: clones from end-tips do the best. Other: the thicker a stem is - the better, and this: don't clone specimens with irregular leaves (3 fingers instead of 5). Interestingly enough, the more is the number of "fingers" on any given leaf - the better the clone will grow. My tallest tree now has 9 -finger leaves - it it crazy.

I am on the second grow, I upgraded to 36W water sterilizer, top-off and nothing else, but the growth have been phenomenal so far. I tried 18 hours of veg time and it's only at 3 weeks, but looks like a jungle. It takes shitloads of nutes and water - true aero is freaking me out. I feel I should have went straight to 12 like I originally planned, but now I will have a chance to figure out what yields more in the end.
The problem with 18 hours - TOO much branching
The problem wiht 12 hours - plants are short
I should start another thread about that grow. I will take some pics and will do.

Thanks for checking by!
The first grow was completely done on 6/15. It gained only about 6 ounces.

The experiment where I tried to figure out if mothers give out clones of certain phenotypes - it was established as false. I noticed other things though. One: clones from end-tips do the best. Other: the thicker a stem is - the better, and this: don't clone specimens with irregular leaves (3 fingers instead of 5). Interestingly enough, the more is the number of "fingers" on any given leaf - the better the clone will grow. My tallest tree now has 9 -finger leaves - it it crazy.

I am on the second grow, I upgraded to 36W water sterilizer, top-off and nothing else, but the growth have been phenomenal so far. I tried 18 hours of veg time and it's only at 3 weeks, but looks like a jungle. It takes shitloads of nutes and water - true aero is freaking me out. I feel I should have went straight to 12 like I originally planned, but now I will have a chance to figure out what yields more in the end.
The problem with 18 hours - TOO much branching
The problem wiht 12 hours - plants are short
I should start another thread about that grow. I will take some pics and will do.

Okay keep us posted but remember you don't want to veg your plants for 3 weeks if you plan on doing a sog or you will definetly run into over crowding. I say no more than 10 days of veg if any before you flip them to 12/12. In my aeroponic setup I cloned for 3 weeks, veg for 3 weeks and then into flower but I had more spacing between each plant so I didn't have issues with over crowding. Good luck

I've set my timer to 12/12 after checking the plants today... enough of this craziness. Beside the number of veg days, what else should I take into account when deciding to flip the switch? Height? root mass development?

What particular problems overcrowding could present, and how one would tackle those problems?

So far even the undergrowth is green and normal. PAR from 600W really helps with the light penetration through top leaf layers

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom