Soil drainage

Hebrewdiver

I have a girl growing in a 5 gal bucket with drain holes bottom and lower sides. I try to water with a half gallon a day but what ever I put in it seems to run right through the soil. Whatever bites I use are running back out fast very little retention. Is this a problem and can I reuse the run off?

Where do I get the Yucca extract? Can I re introduce the run off back to the soil so I don’t waste nutes?
I suppose you could but I wouldn't make a habit of it.
Try watering very slowly, add a quart and walk away for a few then add another quart and so on, with the Yucca Extract.

I use ThermX70 for Yucca.

What medium are you growing in @Hebrewdiver ? I grow in soil but don't water the same as I used to where I relied on runoff to tell me things. I kinda know those things better now so what I do is make sure the soil is pushed up tightly to the sides of the pot and cup it down towards the stem a bit. THen when i pour the water, I pour up to about 1/2 inch (or as close as I can get) to the edge of the soil trying not to let it go down the sides. This means I have to pour maybe 2, 3 times instead of giving it all in one dose, like Nunya said. If I get runoff, I try and only get enough to not fill my catch tray. If it fills it too much I might dump it, but honestly I usually leave it and it gets absorbed back up most of the time, or used up over just a day or less. CHeers mate, GL to your grow! :yahoo:

Hi and welcome.

Cannot give good answer without know more detaiks on your medium.

It is not usually a good practice to feed run off back to plants as there is a ton of salts in run off that will be detrimental to the plant.

I would say just slow down watering. And let the pot dry out before watering again.

Good luck happy growing

what medium - if you're using fertilizer its not that good to run it back thru as pointed out.

If you're in a soil medium - try letting the water sit in the tray after run off and see how long it takes for the plant to pull it back in.

Maybe try plain water and water more. Plants get bigger and drink more water specially in flower they need more water. Dont be afraid to keep the soil moist during flower. My plants in flower will drink 1 gal a day going down the stretch. Its a lot more than people think.

Try using this water pump. It's great. Breaks up the top soil. It's slow spraying. Which is good. The first half I use the sprayer. Once it's nice and wet I use 12oz cups and just pour it in. I stop when I start seeing a lil runoff. So if I use 4 gallons of water I spray 2 and pour 2. Hope this helps.

Vivosun 0.8
610KhZ6s9hL._SL1500_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom