SoilGuy's LED Indoor Soil Grow, Easy Ryder & Diesel Ryder

Go green, can't wait to see more of your grow. I've grown a few Mandala strains and they are some of my favorites :yummy:

Yeah bro! Me neither! It is driving me crazy not being able to get things going. They are basically in coma-veg at the moment. lol they are on 24/0 since seedling, pre-flowers have shown, they are just hanging out at the moment.

Hanging out...

Anyhow yeah, nice thread bro! Stay tuned, in less than two weeks things should be moving forward!!! Clones will be taken, and LED's will be running! and and and and it's going to be sweet!!!

-Go

IMG_0747-1.jpg

Again SoilGuy, :welldone:

I don't know if you saw UglyMuppet's Easy Ryder grow. I think the two of you started nearly the same time, he just chopped his too. It was cool following two similar grows, but coming from different ends of the spectrum, both literally and figuratively.

Originally Posted by SoilGuy
IMG_0755-11.jpg

Those trich shots are just wonderful! A textbook "when to harvest" trichome ratio.

Again SoilGuy, :welldone:

I don't know if you saw UglyMuppet's Easy Ryder grow. I think the two of you started nearly the same time, he just chopped his too. It was cool following two similar grows, but coming from different ends of the spectrum, both literally and figuratively.

Originally Posted by SoilGuy
IMG_0755-11.jpg

Those trich shots are just wonderful! A textbook "when to harvest" trichome ratio.

I just revisited that easy ryder journal and I understand why many growers consider it to be the highest yielding autoflowering plant. It's interesting how large it is able to grow when you give it space, hydroponics, and HID lighting.

Speaking of space, this is probably a good time to reiterate the purpose behind this grow for anyone just joining in.

SoilGuy's LED Indoor Soil Grow Philosophy

This grow was not a yield grow or a potency grow (my favorite) but rather a micro grow.

When I moved to my new place I gave up on growing. It seemed impossible that I would be able to overcome the challenges at the new place, primarily space (and the problems space brings) and privacy.

I was bored one day and because I missed growing so much began to read grow journals. I was intrigued at the yield and quality that I saw in a "micro" setup inside a tiny fridge. This started the wheels moving in my head.

I began to research various products and eventually became aware of LED's. With the claims of less heat and lower energy consumption, LED's could be perfect for a micro setup.

I have been following autoflowering strains for a few years but never felt that they were comparable to regular strains. However, after more research it seemed that there were 1 or 2 reputable autoflowering seeds banks available.

So I decided to buy the smallest grow lab available, the smallest LED that looked promising, and the best autoflowering strains available to see what would happened.

The bottom line is that this grow was a gamble from beginning to end. With 3 feet and 11 inches to work with I wasn't even sure if I would be able to fit all of my equipment, plus canopy space, inside the grow lab. I wasn't even sure If I would be able to keep it hidden from roommates and have to give up midway. It was a very real possibility but I was willing to take the risk.

And it seems to have payed off :thumb:

I hope this journal was helpful to anyone considering a similar micro setup :peace:

Thanks again to :420: for this great forum and to all the people on it that help keep it great

Hey, what do you guys think of the dark period before harvesting?

Seems like I have read lots of information regarding this strategy including the various time lengths (24,36,48, or 72 hours) and benefits.

an interesting article i found while looking for information regarding dark period before harvesting. doesn't answer the question but still very informative: https://cannabis-science.com/papers/Chemical Ecology of Cannabis.pdf

some interesting research:

The Stichting Institute of Medical Marijuana (SIMM), the first company to sell marijuana through the pharmacies of Holland, has been investigating the medical possibilities of cannabis, together with TNO laboratories and the University of Leiden. One of their discoveries has been that to keep the ripe plants in the dark before harvesting could increase their potency.

SIMM's growers separated a crop of mature plants, harvested half of them and kept the other half in absolute darkness for 72 hours before cutting and drying. Analysis of the resulting dried buds showed that some varieties had seen an increase of THC of up to 30%, while CBD and CBN remained the same.

after reading this i think ill go 72 hours instead of 48. might as well go all in

Back
Top Bottom