WKD02812.JPG

February 2, 2020

I pulled out the loupe to check the trichomes this past Saturday. It was my first time looking at these through the glass. Blame it on laziness-- the trichomes look interesting to say the least. They are a blanket of the furry type without bulbs on them, with patches of the traditional bulbous variety. LOL
I have seen this furry type of trichomes before on a strain of Sativa I think, but I can't remember the name. However, what I'm concerned with right now, are the bulbous ones. There were already a good number of them turning amber. So, with that, I cut the lights, and set the exhaust to come on at 56% humidity.
So these finished in exactly 8 weeks instead of 10.
I left the plants in the dried out soil. I makes a great plant holder when done growing.

They have been drying now since Saturday morning.

WKD02805.JPG
WKD02806.JPG
WKD02807.JPG
WKD02809.JPG
WKD02810.JPG
WKD02811.JPG

I chopped off a small popcorn nugget, trimmed it, and let it sit to dry out.

WKD02803.JPG

After a few days it was dry enough to vape in the Dynavap. I pulled off a few pieces to put in the bowl. It is sticky, like pulling apart laffy taffy.
It has an interesting smell that is of berries mixed with something else that I can't put my finger on.
It doesn't smell like chocolate, but I can see how people would associate it with that, if that makes sense.

So anyway, I take two to three really big vapes off it and after 10 minutes I am greeted with a really REALLY strong buzz, like way too strong for weed that hasn't even properly dried out yet. It's in my face and starts to radiate down my neck, then into a really nice, strong body high. It feels good.
Then I'm greeted with the worst case of cotton dry mouth that extends all the way down my throat.
It feels numb, like I just swallowed
chloraseptic.
I'm sure this is from the copious amounts of chlorophyll still present.
After 20 minutes, I realize I'm still getting higher. This is really strong. In fact, at this point it's stronger than anything I have tried at this stage before. It's only going to get stronger as it cures.

I did some research on The GSC and other breeders put it at being finished in 8 to 9 weeks, with some strains of durban poison finishing in as little as 7 weeks.
So with that, I guess it makes sense with how early these finished.
But the most important part, I guess, is how strong this stuff is. I know that there is only one other strain that I feel I have to absolutely grow again, and that is 420's Blueberry Auto.
And now there is this one.

I'm not sure how Cali Connections compares to this one, but right now, I feel like I don't need to find out.
I can see why GSC was a cannabis cup winner.

I'm going to end this journal here.
I don't measure or weigh this stuff because it's boutique weed. Not commercial weed, you know?

BC Bud Depot's
Girl Scout Cookie (Feminized)

Cystolithic hairs?

Sounds like a great success Retrix! Congrats on bringing these home. :thumb:

Did you take any cuts on it before you flipped or will you grow the next one out from seed? Anyway, it's nice to have weed you know will take care of a sore throat this winter!

Drop a link to your next journal here so we can find you. :ciao:
tric.jpg

They look more like this.

Great weed right there bro! ;)

LOL

But you will start another grow again? Sure have missed you around here this winter R...

Thanks Crazy. I'm actually going to be taking a break. I need to rebuild my light and throw away this tent. It is full of pin holes and I need to replace it. No more cheap tents for me. The next one will be a gorilla for sure.

Did you take any cuts on it before you flipped or will you grow the next one out from seed?

I never took cuts on these. I will most likely stick with seeds.

Back
Top Bottom