Sour Diesel Grow! 1st Time Cabinet Grow Setup w/ Plenty of Pix!

Good job man and nice recovery.:thumb: Always a relief to see new healthy growth. I gotta second funnystyle's suggestion about your cabinet space. I grew out NYCD from AMS and they stretched like crazy during flowering. You will probably find yourself wanting to increase your vert. space during flowering. There is a completed cool cab journal by Dweeden420 that illustrates this problem quite well. About the HID, I used a 400watt in a custom built cab and the heat was almost an issue but I had 2 4" vortex fans and a 6" vortex all for cooling the light, intaking air, and venting and it was still pretty hot. I'd probably build a seperate cloning space and maximize the space in your current cab for flowering. Anyways I'm subscribed :popcorn: :blunt::popcorn:

love it,just love it,i"m a dirt farmer but i think i gotta try this method.keep on doing what your doing.you have been a great help for me.you have already answered a lot of stuff for me

UPDATE!!

WASSUP FELLOW WEED LOVERS !!! SOURDEEZ BACK WITH A NEW UPDATE ON THE GIRLS !!

1ST OF ALL I HAVE OBTAINED SOME KUSH SEEDS AND SOME MORE SOUR DIESEL SEEDS SO LOOK FOR FUTURE CROSS-BREEDING EXPERIMENTS !!

2ND I REMOVED MY WATER PUMP... BAD IDEA... MY ROOTS BEGAN TO TURN BROWN AND MY GUESS IT WAS BECAUSE LACK OF WATER FLOW AND THEY WERE ALSO MISSING OUT ON THE OXYGEN WHICH FLOWS ALONG WITH THE WATER...

THE ROOTS TOOK A TURN FOR THE WORSE.. LOOKS LIKE LIGHT ROOT ROT
get-attachment_aspx511.jpg

I DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHY AT FIRST BUT KNEW I HAD TO GET ON TOP OF IT.. I DID A RES CHANGE, AND SOAKED EVERYTHING IN A MIX OF 2 FULL BOTTLES OF 3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE AND 2 GALLONS OF PH BALANCED WATER FOR AN HOUR..
get-attachment_aspx30.jpg

I CLEANED OUT THE RES ADDED THE AIR STONES AND ADDED BACK THE WATER PUMP.. ADDED 2 GALLONS OF WATER WITH 1/2 STRENGTH NUTES AND 1 FULL CUP OF PEROXIDE.. IN A FEW DAYS THE ROOTS WERE BACK WHITE ! AND THE LEAVES WERE LOOKING GOOD...
get-attachment_aspx310.jpg

DAYS LATER I ADDED MORE PEROXIDE AS I HEARD PEROXIDE DISSIPATES AFTER A FEW DAYS IN THE RES.. I ALSO READ THAT 8 DROPS OF CLOROX BLEACH PER GALLON ALSO TREATS AND CURES ROOT ROT... IF IT GETS WORSE I'LL TRY THAT...

THE PLANTS ARE LOOKING GOOD NEW ROOTS ARE GROWING ON ALL 3 PLANTS AND ARE DOWN INTO THE WATER... THEY ARE GROWING KIND OF BUSHY SO I MOVED THE LIGHTS 13"-14" AWAY FOR 20 HOURS TO ENCOURAGE SOME STRETCHING..
get-attachment_aspx410.jpg

ALSO ADDED SOME RED DIXIE CUPS WITH WATER TO RAISE HUMIDITY LEVELS
get-attachment_aspx211.jpg

AND AFTER READING ALL OF THE BENEFITS OF LST'ING I DECIDED TO BEND OVER MY TALLEST GIRL..
get-attachment_aspx104.jpg

get-attachment_aspx78.jpg

get-attachment_aspx69.jpg

USING THESE ZIP TIES..
get-attachment_aspx95.jpg

get-attachment_aspx85.jpg

IM GONNA HAVE SOME PRETTY BUSHY PLANTS AND MULTIPLE TOPS THANKS TO THE LST TECHNIQUE !!

ITS BEEN A FULL 4 WEEKS OF VEG AND MY PLANTS ARE ALL 5-7 INCHES TALL.. I'LL BE VEGGING TWO MORE WEEKS BEFORE I HIT THE SWITCH... I WANT A GOOD YIELD FROM THIS FIRST HARVEST... IM HOPING FOR AT LEAST A QUARTER LB... :thumb::surf:

QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/TIPS ??

Lookin good man glad to see they recovered :) Mine are having what seems to be the same problem...not to mention that the Ph meter i was using was messed up giving me bullshit readings oh well i had an extra and iv got my ph problem squared away and im hoping they will recover as good as yours did. My plants reacted the exact same way when i removed my manifold too. They will recover from that after a couple days. Kinda like takin a babies binky haha

Nice Lookin grow u have there SourDeezSeedz....just wanna say I got a grow goin on and i do all my veggin with LST in just 15cm vertical height before switchin to flower....i gotta say i wouldnt do it any other way, built my cab specifically for LST and I doubt id do it any other way now...it definately works for me...

Hope things keep goin well for ya:goodluck::peacetwo:

Aloha Braddah SourDeez,
Just had to give a shout-out to a fellow Sour D grower. I'm very interested in how yours turn out so I'll be tuned in for sure. I can already tell yours are a different pheno than mine, I believe I have Sour Diesel #8. Mine cannot bend more than about 10 degrees before breaking, which I guess is common with the #8's, so no LST for me, but they still yield very well. Check out my grow if you get a chance....maybe one day we will have our own Sour D club here...lol!! :smokin:

Nice Lookin grow u have there SourDeezSeedz....just wanna say I got a grow goin on and i do all my veggin with LST in just 15cm vertical height before switchin to flower....i gotta say i wouldnt do it any other way, built my cab specifically for LST and I doubt id do it any other way now...it definately works for me...

Hope things keep goin well for ya:goodluck::peacetwo:

Wassup bassplayer? thanks for lockin in :blunt:

yea man i wasnt going to mess with LST at first but its a great way to train your plant into growing more colas and for regulating the height of the plant.. I plan on bending all 3 when i get some more height to them..

Aloha Braddah SourDeez,
Just had to give a shout-out to a fellow Sour D grower. I'm very interested in how yours turn out so I'll be tuned in for sure. I can already tell yours are a different pheno than mine, I believe I have Sour Diesel #8. Mine cannot bend more than about 10 degrees before breaking, which I guess is common with the #8's, so no LST for me, but they still yield very well. Check out my grow if you get a chance....maybe one day we will have our own Sour D club here...lol!! :smokin:

Wassup Van Diesel ? kool name man :cool:

thanks for stopping thru, i checked out your grow, your leaves do look a little different from mine.. did you order your seeds? I think if yours are hard to bend it would be best to try an hour after you water so the stem is more flexible...

SOUR GANG huh? IM DOWN !! :):) :smokin::smokin:

UPDATE!!!

WASSUP FELLOW WEED LOVERS? SOURDEEZ WITH A QUICK UPDATE...

SO IM CHECKING MY PH AND I NOTICED SOMETHING...

MY 2ND BIGGEST GIRL WHICH I HAD FIMMED AND LST'D IS SHOWING A WHITE PISTIL ???
I DEFINITELY HAVENT STARTED 12/12 YET AND ITS BEEN ABOUT 32 DAYS OF VEGGING... IS THIS POSSIBLE? I DONT THINK ITS AN AUTOFLOWER..
11077.jpg

2787.jpg

FIRST TIME I SEEN/ READ ABOUT PISTILS SHOWING SO EARLY.. BUT AT LEAST I KNOW ONE OF MY GIRLS IS A GIRL !! :):):thumb::yahoo:

Wassup Van Diesel ? kool name man :cool:

thanks for stopping thru, i checked out your grow, your leaves do look a little different from mine.. did you order your seeds? I think if yours are hard to bend it would be best to try an hour after you water so the stem is more flexible...

SOUR GANG huh? IM DOWN !! :):) :smokin::smokin:

I got mine from clones. Its a hard and fast physical property of these diesels (like I said, the #8's are known for this), they dont bend, but I'm gonna figure out how to max their yield anyway. First harvest I got just under .5 g/watt (all perfect, nothing less than a nice bong hit), I can pretty much guarantee next will be over .6 g/w, and another two runs or so I'll have it at or near 1 g/w. But yeah, we definitely have a bit different phenos so I am interested in watching yours.

UPDATE!!!

WASSUP FELLOW WEED LOVERS? SOURDEEZ WITH A QUICK UPDATE...

SO IM CHECKING MY PH AND I NOTICED SOMETHING...

MY 2ND BIGGEST GIRL WHICH I HAD FIMMED AND LST'D IS SHOWING A WHITE PISTIL ???
I DEFINITELY HAVENT STARTED 12/12 YET AND ITS BEEN ABOUT 32 DAYS OF VEGGING... IS THIS POSSIBLE? I DONT THINK ITS AN AUTOFLOWER..

FIRST TIME I SEEN/ READ ABOUT PISTILS SHOWING SO EARLY.. BUT AT LEAST I KNOW ONE OF MY GIRLS IS A GIRL !! :):):thumb::yahoo:

Mine have definitely done this consistently batch to batch and no doubt stay vegetating none the less (unlike auto's, and you cant clone autos). My current mother has been going for at least 6 months, so obviously not auto, but her clones have done this same thing.
Hope this helps at least with peace of mind.
Aloha Diesel Bother

What a great grow CAB. Plenty of lights that's for sure. You mentioned seeing white hairs and were wondering about that and it is totally normal to see white hairs during a 24-0 veg cycle. It does not mean the plant is flowering, only showing its female sex traits. I use a T5/CFLs and a 1000 watt metal halide to veg. I usually veg clones 2 weeks under the T5s and CFLs than move them under the 1000 for another 2-3 weeks or until I am satisfied with their progress. Then I switch to a 1000 watt HPS and flower. I would like to build a grow cab like this and build a simple DWC hydroponics system for my next grow. As of right now I am vegging in a closet under my staircase and it is too cramped. Also, ventilation is a problem. Something to think about. Seeing your grow CAB has inspired me to build my own system. One other thing and it is a small thing but it kind of bothers me. Your reservoir is clear which is a bad thing because that could end in an algae bloom. I would hate to see that happen. If it does happen though I keep a bottle of AN Sensizyme on hand and never had a problem. Anyone else ever use Hygrozyme or Senizyme? Guy at the garden store recommended it for my waterfarm and I have not had any problems whatsoever with algae or anything really...knock on wood.

Congrats on your girls. I had a noob question, as I am one. Where did you get the circular tubing that is connected to the tubes going into the pots? Is that something I can get from the pet store? I'm going the hydro way also but am curious about where to get the equipement. I have everything except the round tubing to split the hoses into the pots. Also what did you use to cut the holes for the net cups? Thanks in advance. PS.. Would like to know about the smell also. Any problem with smell/light leaking through the cab? The smell on those ladies will be extremely strong when they flower. You might wanna look into making a carbon scrubber for the exit vent and sealing the cab up with duct tape.

Back
Top Bottom