Spart's Auto Test Run With 300W Mixed CFL

so this little blackberry is the smallest little plant I've ever seen it really hasn't done anything maybe a few micro mm of growth well not really but it has a second set of leaves on it... I could of grown it in a thimble LOL
2015-12-27-1743.jpg

well it's been about a week since I've last updated so here's a pic for now I'll do a complete photo shoot tomorrow. Everything is looking good need a new light sooner then later tho maybe after this run tho.

12459700_10153839195991465_1521557286_n.jpg

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy new years. Slight problem apparently my phone doesn't like the sea so pics are gonna have to wait til i get a chance to use another camera. So maybe a few days til then in anycase everything is still growing good. I'll make it up to you all with a huge photo update when I finally do one shouldn't be more than few days tho.

it really doesn't make sense to me why they were hermi I mean they weren't even sitting next to each other it was the haze X lowryder and the west coast og across (the bigger one in the blue pot)... I'm really annoyed right now trying to figure out what keeps happening.

Well managed to get my hands on a new camera.
Looks at my balls she/he has been ripped out in a fit of rage. :straightface:
20160102_081427-1.jpg

Sweet skunk auto now trained since she has a bit more room.
20160102_082000-1.jpg

20160102_081949-1.jpg

my other test line white yoda x northern lights
20160102_082123-1.jpg

20160102_082205-1.jpg

the west coast OG in the little pot has really surprised me
20160102_082318-1.jpg

a shoot of the two at the back of the tent
20160102_082339-1.jpg

and a group shot just cause

20160102_081859-1.jpg

I managed to level off the sweet sunk auto's budding points so time will tell. By my count there will be 8 budding points so hopefully I can reach my new goal of 30 grams off them all. This is a horrible first run but I've learned alot already. Any more then two plants with a big ass cfl and it get cramp real quick. Hopefully my sweet skunk explodes with growth. I've been kinda pony tailing the white yoda x northern lights her under growth is almost right up there with her main cola. I think these big cfls would work to cover the whole tent but you would need two of them for sure. Then you would be dealing with high heats because they do get hot even more so since there ballast is connected directly to bulb. I thin 4 125w would cover the entire tent in and be effective in a scrog but they really don't get any kind of penetration even on the sweet skunk auto I might lollipop it a bit because the undergrowth isn't getting any light.
Bottom line.
BIG CFLS ARE HORRIBLE
Spend the extra money and get a small led even a 300w ufo would out preform this cfl. Probably would give better coverage as well. :rollit: ya live ya learn I'm sure it would be ok for seedlings but not really as they have to be so close and then the fan is in between and the top of the soil dries out real fast....

Hi Spart,

I know I'm new to this and all, but in my many hours of reading I found that plants don't like their pots on cold floors and it causes strange stress symptoms. The solution has been to get some boarding or something over concrete floors.

Like I say I'm very new but wondered if a cold stone floor could be shocking your plants hermi?

Good luck,

What i think it was is that a few "dark periods" I had the fan on the wall on in front of the passive intakes and the temp dropped a lot like a difference of like 15*c.I hd the same thought as you yesterday and put the plants on books now just to get em off the ground but not sure if that helped. I need either a led (less heat these big cfls get hot) or I need a new exhaust. Plus I've raised my thermostat off the ground made the temp jump 6 degree between the floor and canopy level so when i thought it was 22* it was actually 28* at canopy and still dropping down to 16-18*. I'm tempted just leveling the light on 24/7.

Hi Spart,

Books will definitely isolate the pots from the floor. I have LED lights and the opposite problem with lights on temps - I've got a fan heater in there to keep it warm, day and night. I speak from experience when I say LED's run cool. Very little heat. I'm tempted to get a small HID light to keep it warmer in the day and let the fan heater take over at night.

I hope you fix your issue; even to my newbie senses it sounds like a huge swing between day and night temps - but doesn't that cause purpling of the stems?

I'll be playing with temp monitoring and I think I'll be having my sensor about 6" over the top of the pots. Basically in the growing zone.

Good luck, I'm sending healing vibes to your babies.

Thanks man I think part of the problem was that I had the thermostat on the ground so it was telling me the ground temp not the canopy temp and not that I got the canopy tempature I realised that it was more then a 13* difference. I'm gonna need to get a new led and it should be fine. Anything more then ten degrees difference and they have a chance of going hermi. I'm gonna need a new exhaust eventually but for now I'm gonna focus on getting a small reflector48 and then later on upgrade everything exhaust, carbon filter, a bigger mars 2, probably buy a small veg tent as well. Then I'll throw this exhaust I got now and a led in it. This is turning out to be a expensive hobby. Terrace growing was sooooooooo much cheaper I should of bought a green houze instead haha

So right now we're sitting at just over 3 and they are all flowering up nicely and nothing new to report the sweet skunk is loving being tied down (the little hoe). They are all gonna be starting on 1ml/l grow, 1ml/l bloom, 1ml/l topmax and 1/2ml/l root juice (gonna stop the root juice next week). Other then the hermies earlier on I haven't really had a problem at all everything is going smoothly no more nanners. Even my stunted last blackberry seed is growing never seen a plant this small she's adorable :p

Pics
Group
886384_10153856329061465_2444954053889938152_o_1_.jpg

sweet skunk auto
12401661_10153856330006465_1966503352673056909_o.jpg
12492007_10153856403221465_6050876138127427544_o.jpg

white yoda x northern lights
12469408_10153856345211465_9201655149934839350_o.jpg
12474038_10153856330466465_6811532342641884457_o.jpg

west coast og
12402210_10153856354001465_1383041441016769968_o.jpg

Tiny little blackberry
no those aren't huge rocks next to the blackberry it is perlite she's 2 weeks old so should be flowering soon :rofl:
20160105_231420_1_.jpg

looking good. led fixtures don't work unless you have enough vertical space. fluorescent light is good plant light. it produces nice plants and flowers. I think you'll reach or even pass your ounce goal. I have some fluorescent grow journals if you want to take a look.

Oh and some exciting news (well to me anyways) one of trippy's (my last LSD plant) random seeds that I got off her has germinated nicely and is now popping her head out of the ground she's is gonna be a terrace plant well a living room plant not sure if she will flower hermie or be something else if she turns out to be female I have another 25 seeds and am collecting 2l bottles to do a SOG after the next run (philospher seeds is giving me 5 white yoda seeds cause Im cute for the next run)

20160105_231516_1_.jpg

Hope everyone's weeks are starting off with a bang. Stay green :Namaste::high-five::circle-of-love:

looking good. led fixtures don't work unless you have enough vertical space. fluorescent light is good plant light. it produces nice plants and flowers. I think you'll reach or even pass your ounce goal.

my tent is 60cm x 60cm x 140cm what i was figuring is that say 50-60cm for space between led and pot, 26cm for the pot height leaving me approximately 50cm for growing are which is plenty for scrog or a extremely lst plant. My last lsd stood about 40ish cm and that was without a scrog. So i hope i got enough room. I was thinking about getting fluorescent for germination but time will tell I can always use this big ass cfl or even the led. :Namaste:

I've been thinking about getting another tent maybe a secret garden lodge L90.

Info on the lodge I'm looking at. It's a bit pricey and will have to wait til I get more funds but it would be a nice area to work in ^_^

SECRET JARDIN LODGE 2 in 1 Station
Newest member of the Revision 2.50, the new Lodge line offers 2 in 1 stations, which allow you to enjoy a space Bloom and an area for propagation in the same tent. The shorter height the Lodge line provides opportunities for installation in small spaces and / or with little height (under slopes, lofts, ...), which is a real revolution for a tent offering two separate spaces. The Secret Jardin Lodge L90 is a 90x60x135 cm / 36"x24"x53" grow tent. Supports 20 kg / 44 lbs of equipment.
The L90 is separated into a small and large section. The large section is 60 cm by 60 cm (2 x 2 ft) and the small section is 30 cm by 60 cm (1 x 2 ft). The height on the bottom of the small section is 60 cm (2 ft) and the top is 75 cm (30 inches).

oh yeah you've got enough space. I thought you were only working with a foot or two of vertical space like me.

Height really isn't the issue it's surface space the wifey said I could only use this one corner of the apartment. I did some measurements last night and thinking possibly I might get a secret garden hydro shoot 40 for an auto tent or a veg tent or clone tent basically just some extra space to grow in. I honestly thought the lodges where taller I was under the assumption that they were taller but only bigger ones are or the old models but I've read they get light leaks easily in the ceneter divider.

But I digress, first things first get this harvest done a d a new light then looking at some new gear.

Back
Top Bottom