Spart's Auto Test Run With 300W Mixed CFL

Here's a question for all you scroggers out there. What sized pot would you use to fill a 60 x 60cm area?

Hello !
I'm not scrogger but I just ordered 15 L textile containers for my next Autos. I can easily put 4 in a 60*60 box. Dimensions are 22*22*36 , slightly smaller than 11 L square-plastic pots :)).

They are also better (shorter) than the containers special for Autos found at Alchimia , but follow same priniple: container is longer/higher than usual. This specific model (15 Litres) is the one that contains the most for a smaller size. They are 3 or 4 cm higher than other models. Alchimia have the same models under their own brand AlchiPot.

I've just ordered 4 from * Promshop fr * . Have a look at their textile containers if you like them, it can be an idea, that's the largest I can easily fit in my 60*60 box, they will use 60Liters of soil on an area of 44 / 45 cm : there is room to move them and optimize space once they grow.
Let me know if you would like to receive a picture of the 4 pots in a 60*60 box , when i receive them ;-)
Good luck.

Well the plan for next run was do a one or two plant scrog filling the tent. I was thinking final pot (for one plant) would be a 30l (8 gallon) fabric pot (Dimensions: 30x33x30cm), or two of the 15l (4 gallon) fabric pots (Dimensions: 25x27.5x24cm). I know in the end it really matters on how long it is in veg but i was hoping to have her in the final pot before installing the scrog. The rest of the pots it doesn't really matter because I got lots.

Here's a pic of the west coast that has exploded with crystals. Te smell is peppery with mild hints of fruit. The sweet skunk has also exploded but not to this extent. I'm almost thinking that the west coast will be done before the rest.

2012-07-31-1767.jpg

I think a 25-30L container should be optimal for the job you described.
I'm a scrogger as well, but I prefer the DWC way.
As an engineer, I really enjoy making a system for the plants.. but not as much as smoking the harvest :blunt:
If that would be the only thing I have to do all day, making grow rooms and smoking.. I'd be the happiest man of history :D

That west coast is really getting the hang of it Spart! I swear I've smelled it when I've read "smell is peppery with mild hints of fruit"
Awww.... shit! Keep it up :goodjob:

Thanks for the info!! I was assuming that a 25l either smart pot or air pot would get the job done and welcome to the forum. If you have any questions on how the site is ran feel free to ask it's mostly straight forward tho.
I think a 25-30L container should be optimal for the job you described.
I'm a scrogger as well, but I prefer the DWC way.
As an engineer, I really enjoy making a system for the plants.. but not as much as smoking the harvest :blunt:
If that would be the only thing I have to do all day, making grow rooms and smoking.. I'd be the happiest man of history :D

That west coast is really getting the hang of it Spart! I swear I've smelled it when I've read "smell is peppery with mild hints of fruit"
Awww.... shit! Keep it up :goodjob:

I have them on a 20/4 lighting schedule. But I think the last week or two of their lives I'll drop it down to a 12/12 or 11/13 to see if it changes anything. That and whhy not give it a go :p
Hi bro subbed :thumb:
Healthy ass plants you have there
Wanna see how it turns out to you with a very similar grow to mine , I've just started but the light power and the space are basicly the same
Just a question how many time have them ?

Thanks Spart!
I've had an account on this site before, regged about 5 years ago, but never posted anything. I've just read it back and forth a few times to learn from the guys here, had a 1 year perpetual grow, and now having a small closet grow. But a few weeks earlier, I wanted to post my first and it said I can't because I didn't activated my account via email :thedoubletake:
So I thought it would be easier to make a new one...
Maybe I'll start my own journal in a few weeks, when my current plant will be dry :smokin:

:thumb:Cool i look forward to the read. :thumb:

The white yoda x northern lights looks like it's gonna take the longest to finish the other two are starting to fatten up while that one just keeps getting these weird LONGGGGGGG white hairs. Lots and lots of them I'll take some photos tomorrow or later on today but we shall see.

Yes, Photos please :)
I have received my seeds gift : Philosopher seeds' White Yoda (no added pheno) (I got 3 of them :cheer: héhé, 1 more seed than expected), and you make me want to seed it now :)
I will plant next session on February 1. see you soon.

QUESTION: did you feel that "" White Yoda * NL "" is sensitive to nutrients, water etc ?
My "" Northern Light * Big Bud (World of seeds) "' is very sensitive, much more than the Jack 47 Auto (best strain growing so far: stable, beautiful, rock solid...).

:thumb:Cool i look forward to the read. :thumb:

The white yoda x northern................... these weird LONGGGGGGG white hairs. Lots and lots of them I'll take some photos tomorrow or later on today but we shall see.

Mine is the test line gift they are giving out right now. I got 4 seeds total when I went 2 white yoda x northern lights and 2 haze x lowryder. I find she's a thirsty girl but that may be down to the pot size/shape. Other then that I give all my plants all the same mix with no downfall so far. I have to water her more often then the rest but the same amount. She does get mighty droopy from time to time but again that's due to lack of water. Maybe an hour after watering she's right back standing tall. Also lately I've been finding that when i water the run off comes instantly but I think that's due to her needing a bigger pot. I would go for at least 10-15l or a 10l smart pot should get you a nice sized plant, but this 7l round pot is just not big enough and I think her roots are running out of room but that's fine since she's got maybe a month left. She was the first one to show me a little clawing from the fish mix, next run I'm gonna use the grow on a few and fish mix on others to see if there is any difference. When the lights come on I'll bring em out and do a few pics.
:high-five:&:Namaste:

Okay so lights came on girls came out for pics. I can't focus my camera right since it went for a swim, I think the moisture fucked up the lens a bit. Doesn't matter tho the pictures came out fine, but can't do macros because of the lens. All of these plants are a dark green but that's due to the fact I like to keep higher levels on N in them up til they're almost done I am using the Feed schedule that I found on the Alchimia website for biobizz nutes since last time when I followed the biobizz one I had a bit to much Nitrogen to the point I was concerned and flushed.

Group shots
2012-07-31-1773.jpg

2012-07-31-1778.jpg

2012-07-31-1779.jpg

Sweet skunk Auto sweet seeds (miss Stinky)
I am definitely doing this strain again for me personally it's a beautiful plant and real unique smell to her kinda wood with a fruity almost sugary undertone.
2012-07-31-1772.jpg

2012-07-31-1770.jpg

The west Coast OG (Laquesha)
2012-07-31-1769.jpg

2012-07-31-1776.jpg

White Yoda x Northern Lights (Aurore)
She doesn't have much of a smell to her. Her structure is really bushy if i had more space and a bigger pot there is no doubt in my mind she would be a big bushy girl. Her lower branches are stretching to find some light. I have been tucking and a few of the branches are bent and twisted in fan leaves to try to get her more light she seems to be doing good tho.
2012-07-31-1775.jpg

2012-07-31-1777.jpg

As always I'm around to answer any questions and all comments are welcome.

yes 6 / 7 liters sucks for productivity. I will try the 15 L textile pots next . But I am a bit scared of heights (of marijane of course :) )
If the box is not tall enough ,and if you use good lamps, it will grow tall right ?? like more than 1 meter :-o
I have a big Auto project for next session, I hope I can begin in February and finish it in April and get 1 year production in 2.5 months ;-)

Okay so lights came on girls came out for pics

What container size do yuou use for the Sweet SK ?? 7 litres ? it got much bigger than mine :) (you are double size + number of nuggets at least).

I need to change my brand of soil, would you advise the biobizz stuff ? I am looking toward biobizz or Bio Canna. SO far, BioBizz has never failed on me, despite what people say, it is an ecxellent brand for beginners.

Well I'm a fan of growing with organic soils/nutes. So i use Biobizz all the time. When I first started I grew one in Agroflash and she's had a mild chemically taste to her but i think that was mainly due to the pre nutes in the soil, it was one that had 3 months worth of crap in her.
The Sweet Sk is in a 7L pot the white yoda x NL is in i think 6.7L and the small Og is in a 4l I think it's four. If i had a better light I could surely do 9 of the west coasts in that size pot not sure on what it's gonna yield but a rough guess is 15-20grams, the SK maybe 20-30 grams and to early to tell for the WY. So max 70grams in total and that's being optimistic.

looking good. how do you water? how often do you water? how often do you feed?

shit thank I need to water actually LOL
I water probably every two days 1.5l between the three of them. I feed every watering. Right now every watering they are getting 1.5ml/l of root juice, 1ml/l fish mix, 2ml/l bloom, 2ml/l top max, 1ml/l alg-a-mic. Next week I'll be starting them on just the 3ml/l bloom, 3ml/l top max, 1ml/l alg-mic.
Here's the feeding schedule I'm using if anyone was curious
Untitled124.png

nice that's how I do it too. I water every 2nd or 3rd day with tap water and like 5 ml/gal of food. fish fertilizer is pretty strong.

Really nice looking plants...how come you keep the N so high? How does that affect yield, taste and thc content?

Okay so lights came on girls came out for pics. I can't focus my camera right since it went for a swim, I think the moisture fucked up the lens a bit. Doesn't matter tho the pictures came out fine, but can't do macros because of the lens. All of these plants are a dark green but that's due to the fact I like to keep higher levels on N in them up til they're almost done I am using the Feed schedule that I found on the Alchimia website for biobizz nutes since last time when I followed the biobizz one I had a bit to much Nitrogen to the point I was concerned and flushed.

Group shots
2012-07-31-1773.jpg

2012-07-31-1778.jpg

2012-07-31-1779.jpg

Sweet skunk Auto sweet seeds (miss Stinky)
I am definitely doing this strain again for me personally it's a beautiful plant and real unique smell to her kinda wood with a fruity almost sugary undertone.
2012-07-31-1772.jpg

2012-07-31-1770.jpg

The west Coast OG (Laquesha)
2012-07-31-1769.jpg

2012-07-31-1776.jpg

White Yoda x Northern Lights (Aurore)
She doesn't have much of a smell to her. Her structure is really bushy if i had more space and a bigger pot there is no doubt in my mind she would be a big bushy girl. Her lower branches are stretching to find some light. I have been tucking and a few of the branches are bent and twisted in fan leaves to try to get her more light she seems to be doing good tho.
2012-07-31-1775.jpg

2012-07-31-1777.jpg

As always I'm around to answer any questions and all comments are welcome.

Because I like to live dangerously :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Basically in my way of thinking is that a darker green color of the plant helps when using these horse shit cfls. I don't really do anything differently then normal. Maybe an extra 0.5ml/l of the fish mix. It's just with these cfls the plant doesn't really use it up. Plus with these lights the actual penetration of the cfl is rubbish, so the darker green the more it absorbs well in my head it does anyways . It'll lighten up later in flower they always do this time I might flush a bit longer then normal and more vigorously. So will probably start a flush in like 2 weeks or something. On week 7, they should be fattening up lots more shortly (crosses finger).
Really nice looking plants...how come you keep the N so high? How does that affect yield, taste and thc content?

Back
Top Bottom