Speyedr's White Widow Deep Water Culture SCROG, House & Garden Nutes - 1st Grow EVER!

Raising the res is not really an option due to height constraints. It is sitting on a concrete slab anyway so that has to be helping.

I can keep the space as cool as I need to as I have a temp controller. I am just concerned that the space stay warm enough. What temp should it be in the space? Right now I have the exhaust run when the space reaches 76f.

If I put reflective material on the top of the res couldn't that dry out the underside of the leaves? Is misting enough to counter that effect?

I have a humdifier in the space and with the weather it's been in the 70% range.

The PC fan is venting the tub to cool via evaporation. Also the air pump is way out of the light and heat near the intake vent for the space.

I can go the icepack rote again as well but it didn't do much for long last time. I can only replace them twice a day at most, sometimes only once.

Well sliding a couple 2x4 flat you'd only raise the height 1.75 inches...not much at all.

The reflective material on the lid is a multi win no loss step to take.

Your RH is ok for veg, but you're going to need to bring it way down in flower.

A small bottle of frozen water, replaced once or twice daily will help a great deal with maintaining a lower res temp...it's not optimal, but it's better than nothing.

Well sliding a couple 2x4 flat you'd only raise the height 1.75 inches...not much at all.

The reflective material on the lid is a multi win no loss step to take.

Your RH is ok for veg, but you're going to need to bring it way down in flower.

A small bottle of frozen water, replaced once or twice daily will help a great deal with maintaining a lower res temp...it's not optimal, but it's better than nothing.

Rel hum can be dropped no problem once I turn off the cool mist humidifier.

What about room temp? How low can I set the max temp on the controller while keeping the girls happy?

Raising the res is not really an option due to height constraints. It is sitting on a concrete slab anyway so that has to be helping.
Air inbetween the tank and concrete slab would still help it. if a 2 X 4 is too high, use a 1 X4 or 1 X 2. That little bit of air can really help it.

I can keep the space as cool as I need to as I have a temp controller. I am just concerned that the space stay warm enough. What temp should it be in the space? Right now I have the exhaust run when the space reaches 76f.

Whatever you have to do to get the room to a cooler temp, do it to get the water temp below 69, target 65 or 66 or 67 or 68 degrees.

If I put reflective material on the top of the res couldn't that dry out the underside of the leaves? Half the growers I know do it. Is misting enough to counter that effect?
You ought to MIST in VEG anyway.

I have a humdifier in the space and with the weather it's been in the 70% range.

The PC fan is venting the tub to cool via evaporation. Also the air pump is way out of the light and heat near the intake vent for the space.

I can go the icepack rote again as well but it didn't do much for long last time. I can only replace them twice a day at most, sometimes only once.

Bro, let me tell you where I am coming from. I 'm an old man, semi retired, and I 've spent 4 years on pot grow forums. I much enjoy being helpful. I sincerely just want to help you avoid the problems I have seen often. I have seen a HELP, I GOT ROOT ROT or HELP I GOT PYTHIUM or HELP, MY ROOTS ARE MUSHY AND SLIMEY or HELP, MY PLANTS QUIT GROWING several times a week on different forums and the cause was temps in the tank of 70 + degrees. Often, it is irreversable or too late and the grow is wasted. I'm just trying to help you and I can see problems in your future with water too warm in the tank.

Rel hum can be dropped no problem once I turn off the cool mist humidifier.

What about room temp? How low can I set the max temp on the controller while keeping the girls happy?

Sorry for skipping over temp. A room temp of 76 is fine, the often overlooked temp is the temp right above the canopy. Try to keep that below 85...80 is really good. You can drop it some more to try and help your res temps, but the benefit may not amount to that much...of course, it may be that one degree you save that saves the grow.

I hear you brother, I really do. I am going to do what I can to get that temp lower. I was worried that lowering room temp would be adding insult to injury. The exhaust fan I have can definitely do the job. It just needs to be told (by me, the newb) what to do.

I'll lower the max temp, put the mylar cover back on and start freezing some water bottles as soon as I get home.

I really appreciate all you and the other guys do for us all and I am going to do everything in my power to heed your good advice.

Sorry for skipping over temp. A room temp of 76 is fine, the often overlooked temp is the temp right above the canopy. Try to keep that below 85...80 is really good. You can drop it some more to try and help your res temps, but the benefit may not amount to that much...of course, it may be that one degree you save that saves the grow.

The probe for my controller is at the top of the space so 76f is as hot as it gets. If I am to get the res temp down though I'll need to lower that i think. How cool is too cool for the plants?

I am hearing the message that res temp is more important than room temp loud and clear.

cool air humidifiers work good to keep all temps low when i had mine in veg with cool air humid. temps rarly exceeded over72 i have like almost 400w of cfls and i dont even worry about a thermometer in the res cuz the cfls are not hot at all one fell right on the plant the other day but she is doing fine

Just gonna offer some "simple" advice.

Think of the plant as being "outdoors". Can it survive, or thrive in 65-80(ish) degrees outdoors, yes. At this point, to get your res as cool as possible, try and get your room temp down as low as possible, what's the lowest temp you can get the room to? I believe if you can do 70-72 you'll be golden.

SF

004322.JPG

Saw this at CompUSA while getting parts for work, hooks to USB but there is USB to AC conversion, this thing is like an inch and a quarter thick and if you just raise your tub like 2-3" you can have this 12" fan cooling the bottom of the res. It is just a Laptop cooler. Saw it and thought bought this thread. Good luck!

SG

That's a nice fan, but 2" - 3" is definitely out of the question due to my very tight height constraints.
I have 45" total to work with:
-12" for the res
-10" for the hood
-6" from the res to the screen
leaves 17" for growth above the screen and space from top of canopy to the light.
The space restriction is the reason I am going SCROG so that I can tame them big huge buds that I just know are on the way!:yummy:

I DID do the following:
-Raised the res up on 1" blocks and pointed a fan under and around it.
-Added mylar cover back to top of res cutting a hole for the exhaust fan
-Lowered room temp to a range of 70f - 73f
This got me down below 70f.

Then I turned the HID on @ 20" or so above the plants - I had to do something dumb... Please let me know if this is premature. I think the Rockstar can handle it, but the runt may have issues.

I really appreciate all of the support. You are a great bunch of Deep Water Culture!

That's a nice fan, but 2" - 3" is definitely out of the question due to my very tight height constraints.
I have 45" total to work with:
-12" for the res
-10" for the hood
-6" from the res to the screen
leaves 17" for growth above the screen and space from top of canopy to the light.
The space restriction is the reason I am going SCROG so that I can tame them big huge buds that I just know are on the way!:yummy:

I DID do the following:

Then I turned the HID on @ 20" or so above the plants - I had to do something dumb... Please let me know if this is premature. I think the Rockstar can handle it, but the runt may have issues.

I really appreciate all of the support. You are a great bunch of Deep Water Culture!

Sounds good man, should go LED...cough LED.... :) lol jk I like it though would be a real thick scrog

SG

I DID do the following:

:woohoo:

You're on the way!!!

SF

Back
Top Bottom